Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Sooners @ Clones

I hope the Sooners go a long way in the NCAAs but I would not even think about putting money on them to get past the first round. I think they will but you would have to be crazy to think it was a sure thing.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    We didn't coast, coasting leads to a progressive chipping away of the lead. That thing happened fast. Real fast.
    I was making a generalization about the mentality. The point of no return came with 15:00 left in the game. The wheels fell off.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mookie91 View Post
    Wow, you really don't get it. From 14:55 to 10:57 they gave up a 17-0 run and they used 1 timeout.
    You did see the part where 5 timeouts happened during that massive run where we lost our huge lead, and they didn't seem to help, right?

I gift-wrapped you that data, and you still managed to miss it. I don't know what else can be said.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    No way....ku wins the title at home with a win. WV is hurting as well...ku wins by 10
    We may have to make a wager (for fun of course). KU is tough to beat at home, but I think WVU is a tough match-up for KU (like KSU was to us this year).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I'd rather have the 3 seed than the 2 seed (if we can't have the 1).

We'd have to probably play KU, but I'd rather not see ISU again.
    True....isu is a tough matchup
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    I hope the Sooners go a long way in the NCAAs but I would not even think about putting money on them to get past the first round. I think they will but you would have to be crazy to think it was a sure thing.
    Agreed.

I'm just really hoping we get out of the first weekend. Anything after that would be a bonus. Sadly, that's no guarantee. With this team, there are a lot of possibilities; we could lose in the opening round, or be in the Elite 8. It's been a frustrating season as a fan.

vCash

We may have to make a wager (for fun of course). KU is tough to beat at home, but I think WVU is a tough match-up for KU (like KSU was to us this year).
    Lol....ok
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

If Staten is healthy enough to play at a high level, I see no reason to discount them from beating a team that they just beat 2 weeks ago. Ultimately, I'd say KU is definitely favored, but it's not a lock. I was called an idiot for saying KSU could beat ISU, so I guess I don't mind being called an idiot again. We're going to have to see this one play out. I'm excited for the KU game either way.

vCash

Give The Mayor credit.... he changed things up... got his guys going again... great motivator.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    You did see the part where 5 timeouts happened during that massive run where we lost our huge lead, and they didn't seem to help, right?

I gift-wrapped you that data, and you still managed to miss it. I don't know what else can be said.
    What can be said is after the 14 minute timeout the next shot you get is a Woodard 3, followed by a turnover, capped off by an uncontested 3 by ISU. Lon should've called another timeout and called a play for Thomas inside. Instead he let's them play and you get Buddy turnover, Booker forced 3, Cousins turnover. No decent looks, the team is frantic and the tide has turned.

I know you said you didn't watch but you could see OU was unsettled after the 5 point swing after the technical. They stopped getting good shots and kept turning it over. It was helter skelter.

vCash

There is obviously a chance, always is..... but not very good. I do think we have a good chance to beat ku...b nice to finish with a win.

vCash

I agree, Kruger likes to have the guys figure it out... fight through it... unfortunately these are college guys. They don't think that way sometimes.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I agree, Kruger likes to have the guys figure it out... fight through it... unfortunately these are college guys. They don't think that way sometimes.
    From the 14 minute mark to the 11 minute mark 4 TO, 2 Woodard threes and a Booker three was the entire offense, not good.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I'm going to disagree with you on this,just in the hopes that reverse psychology kicks in like it did on the other thread.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Anyone see a quote in the press what Cousins exactly said to the I-State bench to draw that technical?

I was just wondering if it was something rather benign and the refs over-reacted or something rather harsh like dropping an F-bomb towards their bench that drew the T.
    For the most part I have no problems with the officiating or with Lon's game coaching/game-plan except that perhaps if Cousin's spew was something like an F-bomb, then, imo, he should've been on the bench for the duration of the game regardless if we win or lose. About the only quotes I could find were:

Niang, who said Cousins had some choice words, credited the technical with helping wake Iowa State up.

"When someone gets up in your face and (is) telling you how they're kicking your butt, you're going to retaliate in some way. Luckily, we retaliated the right way," Niang said. "That was just the push that we needed."

The Collapse. With the Sooners leading by 20, Isaiah Cousins was hit with a technical for what was determined to be abusive language on the court. While it’s tough to blame Cousins for the run that followed, it was the turning point that put all the momentum on Iowa State’s side and allowed them to complete its largest comeback in school history. The Cyclones didn’t miss a field goal over the next six minutes. In that time, OU didn’t hit any, missing five shots while turning the ball over four times. The 22-0 run by Iowa State put the Cyclones ahead with 8:17 remaining.

What they did in the first half wasn't likely to happen in the second half. They responded well," Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger said. "We contributed to it, for sure."

Looks like one of the ISU boards doesn't know exactly what was said, but it looks like that we were being ""rather loose with the language" on the court before the actual T, which may have been drawn to the ref's attention by the TV crew, don't really know. I didn't notice anything on the broadcast like that I-State poster alludes to before the T, but it kind of spooked me that when they came back to the broadcast, that we had been T'ed up.

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/

Re: NOTEBOOK: Differing takes on Cousins' T and more

I saw Kruger's answer and I think it's just coach speak. Of course it had an effect on the momentum and well beyond just ISU converting a lot of points on that trip.

I don't know if it was just the mic or what, but it was plain as day on the ESPN broadcast. When the T wasn't instantaneous I felt like it must have been some random Oklahoma fan in the stands because about 14,500 of the people in the building wouldn't have said it.

I didn't think it was cousins who got the T. It looked like after Spangler blocked the shot he had some words for our bench.

On Oklahomas offensive possession before that an Oklahoma player made a shot over one of our guys and you can clearly hear him say all f%%%ing day clear as a bell too over the tv broadcast.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 3/3/2015 at 08:19 AM.

vCash

That was so tough to watch. We completely dominated a team for 25 minutes only to fold after the technical.

For the life of me, I can't understand why Lon didn't switch to a zone defense to stop all of the driving one-on-one baskets. We made numerous defensive switches in the first half.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    That was so tough to watch. We completely dominated a team for 25 minutes only to fold after the technical.

For the life of me, I can't understand why Lon didn't switch to a zone defense to stop all of the driving one-on-one baskets. We made numerous defensive switches in the first half.
    Pretty rough. I just hope that our BB team doesn't fold and get embarrassed on Sat by KU like our wimmen did, and then completely fold like the FB team did against Clemson and go one and done in the Big 12 and NCAA tourney. I hope that we don't but after that total collapse last night, I wouldn't be surprised if we lost the next 3, though.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by aurorasooner View Post
    Anyone see a quote in the press what Cousins exactly said to the I-State bench to draw that technical?
    Spangler swatted that shot and I heard through the TV Cousins yelled, "Get that **** outta here!" I kinda laughed at first actually. The thing that pisses me off is that Cousins didn't direct it at any ISU player, and that was VERY clear on the replay. He was just pumped that his teammate made a big play. Incredibly stupid IMO for the refs to call that a tech. I could understand if he was getting in the face of another player or something, but he didn't. But this is Big 12 officiating, and it benefited the home team, so I'm not in the least surprised that it was called.

vCash

I really hate to complain about officiating....BUT, I will....

the 2nd half there were several times we drove the ball and got hammered but nothing...they drove the ball and seriously barely got touched and got the and 1. I don't disagree either were fouls...I disagree that only 1 was called. Course that was for the home team. Yes, even during our games we've gotten away with some...officiating in the big 12 is so awful.

I like Cousins, but man, sometimes ya got to shut up and just play. I got annoyed when they'd slap the floor...at different times...only to give up a lay-up or 3. So much for aggressive D. After the T I noticed Cousins was just off....offensively and definitely defensively.

vCash

I really hate to complain about officiating....BUT, I will....

the 2nd half there were several times we drove the ball and got hammered but nothing...they drove the ball and seriously barely got touched and got the and 1. I don't disagree either were fouls...I disagree that only 1 was called. Course that was for the home team. Yes, even during our games we've gotten away with some...officiating in the big 12 is so awful.

I like Cousins, but man, sometimes ya got to shut up and just play. I got annoyed when they'd slap the floor...at different times...only to give up a lay-up or 3. So much for aggressive D. After the T I noticed Cousins was just off....offensively and definitely defensively.
    I don't know if this is the truth as it's from the same message board, and for all I know this poster may be Shemp from Stoolwater just trying to stir the pot, as Stool State chameleon fans have been coming out of the woodwork since that infamous re-kick and their "once-a-decade FB win".
    However, if this is the way it went down, Cousins yelling profanities at the opposing coach then I wouldn't be surprised if the Big 12 Conference doesn't suspended him for the Sat game or Boren/Joe C doesn't send the word down to LK to suspend him on their own. Again, if he actually got the T for spewing at Hoiberg.
    It's one thing to spew a few choice words at the opposing players on the floor after making a great play, but when you start to cuss at the adult coaches/adult refs/adult fans in the stands, then it has to be addressed, imo. At the very least, if you're going to act like the Boz, then you sure as hell better be able to back it up with your play on the field/court. I don't know, perhaps that embarrassing implosion on national TV is enough punishment
    From a player on the bench - Cousins yelled a profanity at the bench and then at Hoiberg - the last getting him the technical.

Secondly, its very clear that Spangler yelled get that **** outta here when he came over to help on defense and blocked an off balance Niang shot. That was the last time we heard them yipping….

Although later, there was definitely some jawing as i saw him say something in McKays direction and Jameel just laughed…..Then again, we've had NY players before, the part we love when they're on our team is they don't back down from anybody….in the DNA up there…. They're new yorkers everybody else really don't matter!!!

Oklahomas a sound team and Kruger is a class act…. Ironically what i didn't like about the espn coverage was when ISU went on that 22-0 run, they didn't show Buddy Hiedl's mom once…. What gives….

Great Win…. Always fun to shut a bully up…. For cousins, he acted the bully and he got knocked the F&*% out!!!!