Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Obama awarded "4 pinocchios" on Keystone Pipeline.

^^^^^^^^^ Troll ^^^^^^^^^^^

Lying, stinking, no paragraph writing, worthless POS troll. Proven liar. Copy and paste plagiarist thief. Lowlife, ignorant scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    And like a true lemming lib, you won't see the difference in the two...only blue donkeys. Keep tow'n that line lemming!
    LOL at you. We are not the lemming dancing the koch tune, abandoning your core values for a pipeline. Lemming

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^ Troll ^^^^^^^^^^^ Lying, stinking, no paragraph writing, worthless POS troll. Proven liar. Copy and paste plagiarist thief. Lowlife, ignorant scum.
    I see loser piece of ****, low iq tyler durden has pulled his head out of his ignorant ***. Get something new ignorant loser.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

The concept of eminent domain IS NOT in any way in and of itself unconstitutional. Thus provisions in the Fifth Amendment. It is however ripe for abuse. It should be done sparingly only for a large common good.

"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation".

vCash

Ok theres at least a 100,000 miles of current Pipeline in the USA.
    Most built with Eminent Domain.
    The People whos land this pipeline crossed DIDNT lose the land, just the temporary use of it. They were compensated just as well as the landowners who didnt fight.
    So in this case NO ONE LOST anything.

While I detest Gov. I see the NEED for ED. lets say 100 years ago some one for some far fetched reason bought a 1/4 mile strip of land that went from the Canadian border to Mexico right in the middle of the country, Should the Owner of that have been able to STOP I-40? all the other interstates?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    Please don't try to apply any logic to conservative positions. Their constitutional principals are fluid. If faux "news" and rightwingnut media say it is an outrage that a deadbeat rancher doesn't want to pay rent like everyone else - grab your high powered rifle with a scope on it and point it at a federal law enforcement official and call it patriotism. Then when the koch's want to put a pipeline in and want to take land people don't want to give up claim it's just obammys wer on earl and he hates 'merica!
    Logic is a good thing 8th. Thank goodness that dems and Obama continue to be a shining example for all to follow.

Vetoing Keystone stopped that dreaded Canadian oil from coming to the US.

Canadian oil rides south even without Keystone pipeline
    Patti Domm | @pattidomm
    Monday, 4 Nov 2013 | 8:33 AM ET
    CNBC.com

The equivalent of hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil a day will soon be moving from western Canada into the U.S.—even if the controversial Keystone XL Pipeline is never built.

The energy industry is moving full steam ahead to move crude on rail cars—a fast growing business, booming along with increased North American oil production and already responsible for moving most of the oil out of the Bakken region in North Dakota.
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/101153096#.

Those dam Koch brothers, always trying to rob the public.

Buffett’s Burlington Northern Among Pipeline Winners

by Jim Efstathiou Jr
    4:51 PM CST
    January 25, 2012

Jan. 23 (Bloomberg) -- Warren Buffett’s Burlington Northern Santa Fe LLC is among U.S. and Canadian railroads that stand to benefit from the Obama administration’s decision to reject TransCanada Corp.’s Keystone XL oil pipeline permit.

With modest expansion, railroads can handle all new oil produced in western Canada through 2030, according to an analysis of the Keystone proposal by the U.S. State Department.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...on-of-pipeline

Of course everyone knows that shipping oil by rail is safer and cheaper than going by a pipeline...right 8th?

And the process, as Obama stated, is very important before approving a pipeline that the state department said would have little impact on the environment. From his stirring speech at Cushing OK in 3/22/2012.

But the fact is that my administration has approved dozens of new oil and gas pipelines over the last three years -– including one from Canada. And as long as I'm President, we're going to keep on encouraging oil development and infrastructure and people. We don't have to choose between one or the other, we can do both.”
    http://www.usnews.com/opinion/econom...uction-in-2012

He approved that other Canadian pipeline in less than 3 years but, well, there just wasn't enough time for the "process" on Keystone.

I'm glad you support logic 8th. You are a man of integrity.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Logic is a good thing 8th. Thank goodness that dems and Obama continue to be a shining example for all to follow.Vetoing Keystone stopped that dreaded Canadian oil from coming to the US.http://www.cnbc.com/id/101153096#.Those dam Koch brothers, always trying to rob the public. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...on-of-pipelineOf course everyone knows that shipping oil by rail is safer and cheaper than going by a pipeline...right 8th?And the process, as Obama stated, is very important before approving a pipeline that the state department said would have little impact on the environment. From his stirring speech at Cushing OK in 3/22/2012.http://www.usnews.com/opinion/econom...uction-in-2012He approved that other Canadian pipeline in less than 3 years but, well, there just wasn't enough time for the "process" on Keystone. I'm glad you support logic 8th. You are a man of integrity.
    Boy you and fan keep changing the lead in here. Go look up LOGIC. You tell me oil is already being brought in on trains - so we don't even need the pipeline. Thank you for making the point for the President. Obama has approved pipelines already? So there is no wer on earl? Thanks for clearing all that up. Good job.

vCash

Is that the line you're going with? These are two different things? Taking property is taking property. There is not bending facts. You said yourself that "the vast majority of easements are purchased without using eminent domain" which means some are. And constitutional loving conservatives don't mind as long as the koch's get what they want.
    ----Most of the Koch lines were built as private systems----they did not use eminent domain---- Try and stick to something you understand

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Boy you and fan keep changing the lead in here. Go look up LOGIC. You tell me oil is already being brought in on trains - so we don't even need the pipeline. Thank you for making the point for the President. Obama has approved pipelines already? So there is no wer on earl? Thanks for clearing all that up. Good job.
    As you know 8th, I hold your opinion in high esteem along with your unwavering integrity.

So you logic is:

Canadian tar oil will continue to be produced and shipped to the US regardless of Keystone.

To transport that oil by a more costly and less safe means to US refineries is the "logical" thing to do.

Much better to line the pockets of a dem supporter like Warren Buffet rather than the those libertarian crazed Koch brothers and other US companies.

Obama can approve a Canadian pipeline in less than 3 years but needs more time to review Keystone

This is outstanding logic 8th. You've redefined the word. A business model that should be embraced by all industries. You continue to impress. And, as always, you are a man of integrity.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    As you know 8th, I hold your opinion in high esteem along with your unwavering integrity.So you logic is:Canadian tar oil will continue to be produced and shipped to the US regardless of Keystone.To transport that oil by a more costly and less safe means to US refineries is the "logical" thing to do.Much better to line the pockets of a dem supporter like Warren Buffet rather than the those libertarian crazed Koch brothers and other US companies. Obama can approve a Canadian pipeline in less than 3 years but needs more time to review KeystoneThis is outstanding logic 8th. You've redefined the word. A business model that should be embraced by all industries. You continue to impress. And, as always, you are a man of integrity.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA me laughing at you. Can you read? Myself and 5-0 were comparing your backing of the taker rancher and property rights and a private company putting a pipeline on land the OWNERS don't want it put on, which of course you fully support. Nothing about the oil or anything else. I see you somehow got buffet in argument.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ----Most of the Koch lines were built as private systems----they did not use eminent domain---- Try and stick to something you understand
    You just keep making my point for me. It was private and people AGREED to have a pipeline on their land. We are talking about people who do NOT want THEIR land.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

You just keep making my point for me. It was private and people AGREED to have a pipeline on their land. We are talking about people who do NOT want THEIR land.
    And as usual, the lemming deflects and spins. Why don't you give your take on the article in post #1?

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

No problem with using eminent domain for a project that's in the public's interest. Airport, roadway, mass transit.

It's when a foreign, private company uses it to make money that makes it completely different.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    No problem with using eminent domain for a project that's in the public's interest. Airport, roadway, mass transit.

It's when a foreign, private company uses it to make money that makes it completely different.

5-0
    Who else besides a foreign private company stands to benefit from this pipeline?

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

---You mean like Warren Buffett building new rail lines?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

OG&E had a high tension power line on my property in Ada. One day a snake crawled up in one of the transformers and immolated itself but while doing so it started a fire that took out one of the wooden support posts. OG7E brought in some heavy machinery to replace the support and doing so they left some vehicle tracks through the pasture. I called and complained and promptley receive a check for $2000...more than enough to repair the slight damage.

I think that non-government entities do a pretty good job of fairly compensating a property owner for their property. The real danger is a government regulatory agency like the EPA that likes to come in and tell you what you can or cannot do with your property WITHOUT compensating you for the loss of value or production caused by their decision.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Who else besides a foreign private company stands to benefit from this pipeline?

Mostly the private investors in a private company. The Kochs own a nice share. Boehner is invested as well. Conflict or interest ? You betcha.

Are you referring to the temporary jobs from installing it or the 50 jobs from monitoring and maintaining it or the thousands of jobs cleaning up the mess when the pipe breaks ?

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    OG&E had a high tension power line on my property in Ada. One day a snake crawled up in one of the transformers and immolated itself but while doing so it started a fire that took out one of the wooden support posts. OG7E brought in some heavy machinery to replace the support and doing so they left some vehicle tracks through the pasture. I called and complained and promptley receive a check for $2000...more than enough to repair the slight damage.

I think that non-government entities do a pretty good job of fairly compensating a property owner for their property. The real danger is a government regulatory agency like the EPA that likes to come in and tell you what you can or cannot do with your property WITHOUT compensating you for the loss of value or production caused by their decision.

What's the value of a major spill of very dirty oil that makes it way into the aquifer ?

We're still waiting on BP to clean up their mess in the Gulf. Oh, but offshore drilling is perfectly safe.

The real danger is when some private foreign company wants to take your land by using our own laws.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

What's the value of a major spill of very dirty oil that makes it way into the aquifer ?

We're still waiting on BP to clean up their mess in the Gulf. Oh, but offshore drilling is perfectly safe.

The real danger is when some private foreign company wants to take your land by using our own laws.

5-0
    Today there are thousands of miles of pipelines that cross the aquifer and have been for 50 or more years

vCash

Mostly the private investors in a private company. The Kochs own a nice share. Boehner is invested as well. Conflict or interest ? You betcha.

Are you referring to the temporary jobs from installing it or the 50 jobs from monitoring and maintaining it or the thousands of jobs cleaning up the mess when the pipe breaks ?

5-0

50 Jobs? yer nuts. last i read was well over 300 Permanant jobs, Now tell me about this clean up?How many jobs have been created to clean up the disasters from the train wrecks and have they brought those who died in those wrecks back to life?

5-0
    You cite the BP blow out , Please explain what that has to do with a Pipe line?
    Show me again how these poor mistreated people are LOSING their Land to the Rich man?
    Good God man they have to give up a RIGHT of way not Ownership, Once the Pipe is laid the people go on using the land as always
    The Trans Alaska pipeline has been built for a Lot of years and NO major leaks or environmental issues.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !