Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Thoughts on our upcoming NCAA seed

3 seed in the East. That whole bracket looks about as good as we could have hoped, and not another XII team in it. Now it's up to the guys to do the damage!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Agree. Very happy with our placement.
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I'll take our chances.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerMarkVA View Post
    3 seed in the East. That whole bracket looks about as good as we could have hoped, and not another XII team in it. Now it's up to the guys to do the damage!
    If any of you see a bracket with the TV times and the TV networks (CBS, TNT. True TV etc) of the games, please post it on the thread at the top. Thx

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    I'll take our chances.

5-0
    Let's hope buddy and co. do the same.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I like our region. We could make a run.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Love how our placement.

My guess is that we'll be playing double-seeded teams until UVA. We have no business losing to a double-seeded team, but then again, given Kruger's luck in postseason, there's no telling.

UVA is an interesting match up. Two great defenses, and two not-so-great offenses. Should be one of the most painful games of the postseason to watch for the average fan. Will either team get to 50? Should be a great game, though.

Nova is the best 1 seed we could have drawn.

This Final 4 spot is up for grabs.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Cowboys facing emotional favorite - from MSN.

"Also seeded No. 14 is Albany, which made the tournament on a 3-pointer with 1 second left by Peter Hooley, whose mother died six weeks ago from colon cancer. No. 14 Albany opens against Oklahoma State."

Really going to mess up my bracket.

vCash

If I were giving the odds on teams winning this bracket, I would go with something close to -

Villanova - 20%
    Virginia - 20%
    Oklahoma - 20%
    Louisville - 20%
    Rest of group (headed by Izzo's Spartans and the UNI cinderellas) - 20%

vCash

Big 12 final rankings by the NCAA Selection Committee

8. Kansas

9. Iowa State

10. Baylor

11. Oklahoma

19. West Virginia

34. Oklahoma State

41. Texas

It's probably good that ESPN had the broadcasts of the Big 12 BB games. Now it's time for our teams to not implode in the tourney, like our FB teams did last year. OU hanging it's hat with Fox in FB is looking worse and worse. Hopefully HCBS can turn it around next year because the only option we have is to win. Critical imo so that we won't be relegated to some mid-major by ESPN./ABC and even Fox --- if they get the Big 10 contract. I don't know what the Fox problem is, but their network is really sucking hind tit to ESPiN as far as college sports go.

Article from the Chicago Trib about their upcoming sport's contract negotiations.

Yet cutting the ESPN cord comes with potential risk for the Big Ten. Industry observers point to the sagging ratings for Big East basketball on Fox Sports 1. League games are averaging 96,000 viewers on the network. Meanwhile, the Big Ten averages 1.2 million viewers per basketball game on ESPN.

ESPN's lowest-rated Big Ten game (553,000 viewers for Georgetown vs. Wisconsin on Thanksgiving Day) had a higher audience than the highest-rated Big East game on Fox Sports 1 (500,000 viewers for Indiana-Butler on Dec. 20).

Here's another telling stat: Big East teams averaged more than 500,000 viewers in 21 games on ESPN and ESPN2 in which they were the visitor; the home team's games were part of the ESPN package.

"I talked to a number of Big East coaches and they are concerned," said Greenberg, formerly the head coach at Virginia Tech and South Florida. "It's a competitive disadvantage when people aren't watching your games."

And it could hurt recruiting. Dakich contends the opportunity to play on ESPN is an incentive for the top basketball prospects.

"I'm not being a homer (for ESPN)," Dakich said. "Ask any coach. The top players want to be seen. ESPN drives the bus when it comes to recruiting."

It's also worth noting that Kansas and Texas were the only Big 12 teams that are going to play on a broadcast networt--CBS for their 1st round games and OU (TruTV), Baylor (TNT) OSU (TBS) , WVU (TNT) , and ISU (TruTV) are relegated to the cable networks so it really puts the pressure on the Big 12 to get out of the 1st round.

Friday Evening Window
    7:27, truTV: No. 3 Oklahoma vs. No. 14 Albany (Eagle/Gottlieb/Washburn)
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 3/16/2015 at 12:46 AM.

Add Content
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I like our draw as well....I think we should get to the sweet 16, but I disagree about OU being on par with uva, Louisville and Nova...I'd give them 30% or more and knock OU down to 15%.

LOL one of my ku buddies texted, "congrats on making the final 4"...he's a little pissed about ku's bracket, since they have to play WSU in their 2nd game...then eventually UK.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

We're one of the big boys.

We should have been heading into OT against ISU looking for our 13th win in a row.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I like our bracket potential. If you like OU a lot, you'll take OU as a 12.5 favorite over Albany. 6:27 p.m. Thursday tip on TruTV.

I'll try to get more vEvents posted asap

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I like our bracket potential. If you like OU a lot, you'll take OU as a 12.5 favorite over Albany
    I don''t know about taking the 12 because after ~ a one week layoff we looked pedestrian against the Pokes, especially in the 1st half. We looked damned good against ISU once we shook the rust off, though.
    If we get our bigs into the game with an inside game from the start, and Spangler/TT are not just standing around waiting for one of guards to shoot the BB and don't rely solely on our outside shooting, then I like our chances to make it out of the 2nd round. If we play like we did in the 1st half against OSU with no movement on offense, a lid on the basket and barely scrape by Albany, then I wouldn't be surprised if we tank it from there on out or even one and done.
    The wild card here is Cousins who's from NY and he may get the team stoked up to play well against some Northeastern competition--Albany/Providence. I haven't really looked but I guess Albany = Albany NY (and Providence = Providence RI), don't know though. For all I know it/they may be a college from somewhere in Ga or Virginia. Also, since this is our Spring break week and we don't play until Friday evening, I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't come out playing on fresh wheels.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I hope the Sooners don't look past anyone.

Lose one and you're done.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

If we lose, I don't think it will be because we overlooked Albany. If there's anything this group knows, it's that postseason victories aren't easy to come by. I can't say I'm not a little worried, though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

yes, I know I'll be worried...it's these "easy wins" that we seem to mess up. Hopefully the guys will be focused more than usual.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

psst... vBookie everyone. go vBet or else I'll be less likely to post more vEvents the rest of the tourney