Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Salsa Nacho Banned by NCAA

I rarely post Baylor-only stories unless it connects to OU in some shape, form, or fashion but the NCAA has once again proven itself to be the corrupt and ****ty ruling body that it is.

http://www.frogsowar.com/2015/2/25/8...ing-to-survive

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Salsa Nacho Banned by NCAA

Yep, this was kind of unbelievable.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Yep, this was kind of unbelievable.
    While I detest the NCAA it is the one who makes the rules right now.
    Kid really did nothing wrong Yet the Rules got him. Maybe he should have Just checked with the school before he accepted and all would be ok now.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    While I detest the NCAA it is the one who makes the rules right now.
    Kid really did nothing wrong Yet the Rules got him. Maybe he should have Just checked with the school before he accepted and all would be ok now.
    Aye. The NCAA is now saying they didn't rule him ineligible, so this may be a case of the compliance department getting ahead of the issue before the NCAA can act. Either way, it's a real shame.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

the problem is he probably could have gotten some type of exemption if he had approached the school/ncaa with his issue...and received help. I know...the ncaa is just a bunch of a$$hats...but I believe a certain kid, named bush, got some living help as well.

Obviously bush was on a different level, but help with living is help with living.

I would like to THINK Baylor would have gone to bat for this kid IF he had contacted the coaches about his situation.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Aye.
    Is he perma bained or just for this season? What about the games he played in? Not much info in yer link.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I would like to THINK Baylor would have gone to bat for this kid IF he had contacted the coaches about his situation.
    I really wish they had -- let there be a public fight over the issue and see if NCAA wins in the court of public opinion.

Administrator
    vCash

Chalk another one up to the antiquated NCAA by laws.

Hopefully the kid can get things figured out and have a chance to play down the line.

vCash

Is he perma bained or just for this season? What about the games he played in? Not much info in yer link.
    I *think* he's out permanently, but it shouldn't impact the games he played in last season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I really wish they had -- let there be a public fight over the issue and see if NCAA wins in the court of public opinion.
    That court dont hold much sway bro.

vCash

Sompun sounds Fishy. NCAA says they dint rule, briles says it aint up to Football. I think the boy got some one P O ed at him

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ility-football

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

wait....is his name REALLY Salsa Nacho? this is a joke? right?...lol
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Administrator
    vCash

Sompun sounds Fishy. NCAA says they dint rule, briles says it aint up to Football. I think the boy got some one P O ed at him

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...ility-football

Yeah, something's not right about this. The NCAA sent out a tweet today that said they hadn't made any ruling that would make him ineligible. But Briles is making it sound like a compliance issue with Baylor. Confusing.

Here's ESPN's report on the story.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

With the USC and Reggie Bush story, and yet the NCAA pulls this on a HOMELESS person and a WALK-ON? But then, who said the NCAA rules make any sense.....

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

The name is Silas Nacita.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Let's face it - NCAA compliance people in school's athletic departments are not looking out for student's best interests; they're looking out for the school and their own arses. It's why OU compliance made a few of our guys pay back measly amounts of money ($5 or so) for taking excessive amounts of pasta at a dinner. WTF, compliance.

Compliance people are a necessary evil due to the fear of bringing down a millions/billions of dollars a year enterprise known as college athletics.

What should have happened was Baylor advocate for him right away and ask for a hardship exemption for housing a homeless walk-on. Better yet, put him on scholarship so you could NCAA-approved pay for housing. Instead, it sounds like Silas Nacita (autocorrected nickname Salsa Nacho) had to go it alone and thus, was forced to choose between NCAA compliance and going homeless, or accepting housing and facing the wrath of compliance.

Baylor is NOT blameless.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    With the USC and Reggie Bush story, and yet the NCAA pulls this on a HOMELESS person and a WALK-ON? But then, who said the NCAA rules make any sense.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Pride1Mom View Post
    The name is Silas Nacita.

The NCAA has said it had nothing to do with this. Read Lady.
    We Know his NAME do YOU know his nick name?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Someone from here in Nacita's Bakersfield, Calif. hometown paid for his apartment and other living expenses, apparently--at least according to a message Nacita posted on Twitter.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Baylor is NOT blameless.
    Dave Bliss is that you?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Dave Bliss is that you?
    If I were Dave Bliss, I would be telling Baylor players to say Salsa Nacho was a drug dealer and that's how he got the money for his apartment. Drug dealing's not an NCAA violation! Ha! Now you can't sanction us!

*groan*