Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: We Control Our Destiny Now

Texas blew it...again. That hurts.

Administrator
    vCash

Texas has sucked much better than I expected this year. The ONLY time I wouldn't have minded seeing them win and they screw that up too.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Texas has sucked much better than I expected this year. The ONLY time I wouldn't have minded seeing them win and they screw that up too.
    Texass is pretty scary, since they're so tall. Sure glad that either their players (to use an old poster's quote--and it could apply to our last years FB team as well) are "dumber than a box of rocks" or they're just not coached-up very well by their staff to use their advantages, don't know which. I sure would like to see Stool State/TCU/ or Tech beat them in the 1st round of the conference tourney.

KU,KSU,Baylor,Wva (if their no 1 player isn't out indefinitely) are pretty darn good BB teams as well, as I think we are when we're regularly hitting our outside shots to take some pressure off a "not so tall" Spangler and TT, and hustling for the loose BBs. Don't really know where this team would be w/o TT transfer approval, but I would guess we wouldn't be in the hunt for a conference regular season championship.

I know coaches and players sometimes ""coast down the stretch when they are already in the NCAA tourney, but we may as well give it all we've got to win the next 2 and the regular season conference championship, because, imo, our chances of winning a tough conference tourney and even making it into the sweet 16 (since we've been so schizo) aren't as good as they are winning the 2 next week, which probably aren't very good either. A Sooner-Magic win Monday night (with or w/o a WVa upset of KU on Tues) would sure make it an exciting end to regular season conference play.

BTW, just got thru watching Sherri make excuses for our wimmen losing that game yesterday, "the weather, Sr. day, too much going on, blah, blah, blah" and it sounded just like Mack or our current head FB coach saying "better than most", and not something a Women's coach, making more than 1 mil a year ( http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/col...nelly-more.ece ), should say in her presser. I would have been more impressed if she'd have been pissed, or acted pissed, and would've sounded like she was going to lay down the law.
    Giving these coaches a guaranteed windfall salary (especially of all things women's BB) and not one with a low guarantee and a contract with a huge incentive bonus for wins, player grad rate, conference championships, and NCs/final 4 appearances, is just a ridiculous fail by our athletic dept leadership, imo.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 3/1/2015 at 09:02 AM.

vCash

I'm starting to feel like Rick Barnes is the basketball version of Mack Brown.

I thought he was a very good coach, but he's been below average at best since 2008. Texas could use a new coach, but I hope they don't get one for another year or two.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

horrible loss to ku women's...coach was too excited about the bu win. You don't beat bu the #3 team in the country and then lose to ku at home.

I digress....

Men. yes, not sure what tonight or sat brings. I honestly don't think ku will lose to wv. I think ut was the best shot. So at best we get a share IF we beat isu...horrible that ksu won. It was long shot and now I think pretty tough. They will be pissed they lost 2 in a row...and quite honestly we've play really poor against the two bottom dwellers...HOPEFULLY it's OU playing to the opponents level...

I don't see us getting to sweet 16 either, UNLESS the team that killed ut/bu/isu shows up. Big IF.

My dream world is we win the last 2, ku loses to wv, we win the title....get to the championship game of big 12...then get to sweet 16.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I'm starting to feel like Rick Barnes is the basketball version of Mack Brown
    Texas deserves a coach that reflects their fanbase --- the most money and the long, dated resume to hide the mediocrity of the present

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    horrible loss to ku women's...coach was too excited about the bu win. You don't beat bu the #3 team in the country and then lose to ku at home.

I digress....

Men. yes, not sure what tonight or sat brings. I honestly don't think ku will lose to wv. I think ut was the best shot. So at best we get a share IF we beat isu...horrible that ksu won. It was long shot and now I think pretty tough. They will be pissed they lost 2 in a row...and quite honestly we've play really poor against the two bottom dwellers...HOPEFULLY it's OU playing to the opponents level...

I don't see us getting to sweet 16 either, UNLESS the team that killed ut/bu/isu shows up. Big IF.

My dream world is we win the last 2, ku loses to wv, we win the title....get to the championship game of big 12...then get to sweet 16.
    The cool thing about the NCAA tournament is that we'll only play top 50 teams (except MAYBE round 1), and we've been very good against RPI top 50. It's those WTF losses to KSU and Creighton that are what make us look bad. Unfortunately, Lon STILL hasn't won a postseason tournament game, and that includes conference tournaments, despite being favored in several.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    The cool thing about the NCAA tournament is that we'll only play top 50 teams (except MAYBE round 1), and we've been very good against RPI top 50. It's those WTF losses to KSU and Creighton that are what make us look bad. Unfortunately, Lon STILL hasn't won a postseason tournament game, and that includes conference tournaments, despite being favored in several.
    lol...true..hopefully the boys will have their A game tonight and Saturday.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Good start. Up 10-2 early