vCash

So what Yall think about this? whos right? Whos wrong? or is there a Middle ?

http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Re: So what Yall think about this? whos right? Whos wrong? or is there a Middle ?

Any private business ought to have the freedom to hire and fire whomever they please for absolutely any reason they please; furthermore, any business ought to have the right to serve and refuse service to whomever they please for absolutely any reason they please. Any employer ought to have the right to pay its employees whatever they please -- wages should be treated as a strictly private contract between two interested parties.

vCash

Re: So what Yall think about this? whos right? Whos wrong? or is there a Middle ?

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Any private business ought to have the freedom to hire and fire whomever they please for absolutely any reason they please; furthermore, any business ought to have the right to serve and refuse service to whomever they please for absolutely any reason they please. Any employer ought to have the right to pay its employees whatever they please -- wages should be treated as a strictly private contract between two interested parties.
    Now this I agree with you on Little Bro
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

of course.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Now this I agree with you on Little Bro
    One of the damn few things I can agree with SicEm on...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    One of the damn few things I can agree with SicEm on...
    I didn't realize you were so liberal.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

I didn't realize you were so liberal.
    HAHAHA...not that is some funny $hit right there...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It's been a long time since I worked in OK...is the state an "at will" state? If it
    is, Abercrombie has a legal leg to stand on. If it isn't, then there is a big problem
    for them. As to the right of refusal of service, it is generally accepted that it is
    up to the business. Wages historically had always been a private contract in non-
    union workplaces, but, now, workers are nosy, careless and loud mouthed about
    their pay and their coworkers.

I read the article and details are sketchy at best. What is not mentioned at all
    is how the interview(s) were conducted and what was said. That Abercrombie
    has changed their procedures/policy now, as I see it, sets them up for a hefty
    financial penalty. Just my opinion, I'm no lawyer, but I do have 40+ years of
    interviewing, hiring/firing at many levels of retail.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    HAHAHA...not that is some funny $hit right there...
    ? I'm serious. Otherwise, I can't imagine why you'd agree with me so little.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

You definitely have a slave - owner mentally. You want to work for someone who can run your life? Or you want to own a company and run peoples lives?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    You definitely have a slave - owner mentally. You want to work for someone who can run your life? Or you want to own a company and run peoples lives?
    What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. No, I believe in the right of a person to run and conduct their private business as they see fit. I believe in the right of an employee to negotiate his or her own labor contract. I believe in the open market where premium skills are rewarded with premium wages.

vCash

What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. No, I believe in the right of a person to run and conduct their private business as they see fit. I believe in the right of an employee to negotiate his or her own labor contract. I believe in the open market where premium skills are rewarded with premium wages.
    It is not an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. So if you are working somewhere and and a new owner buys the business and finds out you believe in the southern cause and fires you - that's ok? People are petty, small minded and greedy. We have laws and regulations for a reason. I know people who not only vote for but actively support candidates that directly jeopardize their jobs. Can their bosses fire them for supporting a candidate who can wreck their business? There was that home builder in florida who said if you vote for obama you could lose your job. I know that koch passes out voter manuals at work with who to vote for included. I know a LOT of democrats who are registered republicans so their career won't be hurt. You think this is ok?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    It is not an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. So if you are working somewhere and and a new owner buys the business and finds out you believe in the southern cause and fires you - that's ok?
    Yes. That is okay. Would I like it? No. But it's his or her business, not mine.

People are petty, small minded and greedy.
    People are, indeed, all of those things. Fortunately we live in a free country where people are free to be all of those things.

We have laws and regulations for a reason.
    Unfortunately.

I know people who not only vote for but actively support candidates that directly jeopardize their jobs. Can their bosses fire them for supporting a candidate who can wreck their business?
    Absolutely. Although, the last time I checked, voting was still secret in this country. If you're dumb enough to tell your employer that you're voting for a guy who is going to jeopardizes his or her business then your dumb *** deserves to get fired.

There was that home builder in florida who said if you vote for obama you could lose your job. I know that koch passes out voter manuals at work with who to vote for included.
    So what if they do? Lots of places pass out voter guides.

I know a LOT of democrats who are registered republicans so their career won't be hurt. You think this is ok?
    It is okay, yes. However, I absolutely refuse to believe that bull****.

vCash

Yes. That is okay. Would I like it? No. But it's his or her business, not mine.People are, indeed, all of those things. Fortunately we live in a free country where people are free to be all of those things.Unfortunately.Absolutely. Although, the last time I checked, voting was still secret in this country. If you're dumb enough to tell your employer that you're voting for a guy who is going to jeopardizes his or her business then your dumb *** deserves to get fired.So what if they do? Lots of places pass out voter guides.It is okay, yes. However, I absolutely refuse to believe that bull****.
    Shouldn't you be able to openly support a political candidate without fear of retribution? You really don't think people in kansas who work for koch are registered as republicans for their careers? You just don't know............. I personally know two people who do it. In the last election there was a group of kansas women who met to help get brownback out of office - HALF of them were not registered democrats - ALL because it would hurt their careers. We have laws for a reason.

vCash

Yes. That is okay. Would I like it? No. But it's his or her business, not mine.

People are, indeed, all of those things. Fortunately we live in a free country where people are free to be all of those things.

Unfortunately.

Absolutely. Although, the last time I checked, voting was still secret in this country. If you're dumb enough to tell your employer that you're voting for a guy who is going to jeopardizes his or her business then your dumb *** deserves to get fired.

So what if they do? Lots of places pass out voter guides.

It is okay, yes. However, I absolutely refuse to believe that bull****.
    Sic, As funny as you are you are vastly superior to yer Opposition in this discussion