Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: Houston wants into the Big XII

Push Houston to join the SEC. Threaten Texas A&M's state funding if their president doesn't make it happen.

See what I did there? Why is it the Big 12 Texas member's responsibility and not the SEC's Texas member's responsibility to get UH into a big boy conference?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    Push Houston to join the SEC. Threaten Texas A&M's state funding if their president doesn't make it happen.

See what I did there? Why is it the Big 12 Texas member's responsibility and not the SEC's Texas member's responsibility to get UH into a big boy conference?
    SEC is maxed out...10 team "Big 12" is not. Besides, Houston sees that Big 12 takes on schools with crappy athletic traditions like theirs.

They also see that the Big 12 has already become so watered down that Baylor, TCU, and Oklahoma State have won three of the last four conference titles. Their chances in a crappy conference such as the Big 12 are far better than in the SEC.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

If OU would just bolt, and go to ANY other major conference ASAP, we would be well positioned. (Not that I would want to go to the BIG)
    Last edited by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!; 2/23/2015 at 01:49 PM.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

In case anyone's curious, what the other Big 12 big boy fanbase thinks about this:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...nto-the-Big-12

vCash

In case anyone's curious, what the other Big 12 big boy fanbase thinks about this:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/show...nto-the-Big-12
    You clearly pasted the wrong link. Here you go: http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=289708

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    You clearly pasted the wrong link. Here you go: http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=289708
    Siccy, you hate BF.com and that's why you hang out here.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    hey look at the bright side...

we'd get 2 more bb wins. Good grief I was watching Houston and Cinnci in bball last night...nothing else on...and they are absolutely horrible. They had like 12 fans in the building. This is the 2nd time I've seen them on TV. KS must be hatin life.
    All they had was Tayshaun Thomas...whoops.

Administrator
    vCash

Adding UH would greatly help their program, and be a determent to the rest of the conference. Look at Baylor as a perfect example. Even TCU to an extent (although they had a history of playing and beating tough teams prior to joining. The last thing I want to see is the conference turning Houston into the next Baylor.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    SEC is maxed out...10 team "Big 12" is not. Besides, Houston sees that Big 12 takes on schools with crappy athletic traditions like theirs.

They also see that the Big 12 has already become so watered down that Baylor, TCU, and Oklahoma State have won three of the last four conference titles. Their chances in a crappy conference such as the Big 12 are far better than in the SEC.
    You do realize that OSU went on to beat Stanford (the top 5 team that was led by #1 pick Andrew Luck) in a BCS bowl, and that TCU beat Ole Miss (the mighty SEC team that beat Bama and was rated in the top 10) 42-3?

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    Adding UH would greatly help their program, and be a determent to the rest of the conference. Look at Baylor as a perfect example. Even TCU to an extent (although they had a history of playing and beating tough teams prior to joining. The last thing I want to see is the conference turning Houston into the next Baylor.
    Isn't THAT the truth? We've allowed Hypocrite U to leech off of the public schools in the Big 12 for too long! Their fan base couldn't fill Wacko High School stadium so due to all the stupidly generous other Big 12 schools they've gotten exposure they couldn't dream of before (and a helluva lot of money!). Inviting that lowlife school was the absolute worst thing the Big 12 did! I know the Sun Belt would LOVE to have that hypocritical university back where they belong! Some day.............
    Last edited by tycat947; 2/23/2015 at 11:15 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
    Isn't THAT the truth? We've allow Hypocrite U to leech off of the public schools in the Big 12 for too long! Their fan base couldn't fill Wacko High School stadium so due to all the stupidly generous other Big 12 schools they've gotten exposure they couldn't dream of before (and a helluva lot of money!). Inviting that lowlife school was the absolute worst thing the Big 12 did! I know the Sun Belt would LOVE to have that hypocritical university back where they belong! Some day.............
    lolz

vCash

The only way I'd be OK with another Texas school is if we dump an existing one (or if they leave on their own)

vCash

The only way I'd be OK with another Texas school is if we dump an existing one (or if they leave on their own)
    IMO the Big 12 is in the midst of becoming the old SWC, and our best move, especially for recruiting Texas, is to GTFO and ASAP.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

so you're saying we're all going to have to learn how to spell SCE over and over?

S-C-E! S-C-E!

i can't do it i can only spell two-letter words over and over.

O-U!

vCash

so you're saying we're all going to have to learn how to spell SCE over and over?

S-C-E! S-C-E!

i can't do it i can only spell two-letter words over and over.

O-U!
    spoken like a lake stater. You're referring to a brand new league?
    South Central Eh? South Central Eh? South Central Eh?

After all the Big 12 has done to screw the conference up, why not?

vCash

Let's dump two teams and go back to being the Big 8.

vCash

Let's dump two teams and go back to being the Big 8.
    I nominate Tech and Baylor

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    I nominate Tech and Baylor
    Smart move. Cut out the bottom and the top -- keep the middle.

vCash

I nominate us and Texas. The rest of ya'll fend for yourselves, Big 8, heh heh. We go indy or leave together to a far better place