Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: 4 games remaining...it's "Go" time!

Overtime. Perfect

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

The only bleeping thing that OU could not let happen and they let it happen.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Unreal. Now I'm mad.

TT purposely missed a FT, gets an offensive rebound, and then hits a three to force OT.

Buddy is ice cold. 1-9 today...5-26 over the last two.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

This Sooner team could go to the elite 8 or they could go out in round 1. Never know which team is showing up.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

78-75 us. 17 secs left, O'Reilly ball.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

If we lose our share of the conference title because we lost to KSU and TT, then I'm gonna set my car on fire.

vCash

And we may escape with a dub. Woodard at line up 3

vCash

4 point bulge. We survived the raucous crowd of 27 folks. Tceh shot 61%

vCash

79-75 finale. Body shots for all involved, Courtesy of honey boo boo.

vCash

The loss to KSU at home is on the Sooners. The loss in Mangattan was an officiating travesty.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    4 point bulge. We survived the raucous crowd of 27 folks. Tceh shot 61%
    61% is hard to do in the shootaround before the game.

vCash

The KSU losses are looking worse and worse. The Cats have been crushed by TCU and Baylor in their last 2 games.

Administrator
    vCash

Today's game went a little worse than I expected, although I had a feeling it would be a tough win. Not because TT is any good, but because road wins late in the year are tough. Tech's out-of-this-world shooting didn't help either. Anyway, I'm just happy to get the W and move on. We really need to beat TCU, then if we drop the last two it won't be as bad.

I don't know what to say about the home loss to KSU. Every year, it seems there is one conference team that gives us fits, and it seems to be KSU more times than not. It's just a tough match-up for us.

Buddy looked out of sync today (at least until OT). We'll be fine if he can work through that, he's been up and down recently.

I'm with Faninama, this team is really hard to predict. We will either have another one-and-done in the tourney, or we'll make a really deep run.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

As much talk there is about wanting the KSU loss back, I'd like to have the losses to both Creighton and Wash back. Couple of games we gave away and those teams have not had good seasons at all.
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    There's no fear of us missing the NCAA tourney, but this week will go a long way in determining our seeding and where we'll play the first round. Tomorrow (Saturday) we go to Lubbock to play the worst team in the conference. There shouldn't be much to worry about, except that we're talking about college hoops, where winning on the road is never automatic. Still, I suspect we'll pick up win #19, and we'll need it heading into the week.

Here's the current standings:

Big 12 Standings

TEAM CONF OVERALL
    Kansas 10-3 21-5
    Iowa State 9-4 19-6
    Oklahoma 9-5 18-8
    West Virginia 8-5 20-6
    Baylor 7-6 19-7
    Oklahoma St 7-7 17-9
    Texas 6-7 17-9
    Kansas St 6-8 13-14
    TCU 3-10 16-10
    Texas Tech 2-12 12-15

We sit two games behind KU, and virtually tied with ISU. We will get one more shot at each in the next week. Here's the remaining schedule for the top 3:

Kansas: TCU, @KSU, Texas, West Virginia, @ OU

Iowa State: @Texas, Baylor, @KSU, OU, @TCU

Oklahoma: @Tech, TCU, @ISU, KU

Both KU and ISU have 5 games remaining, while OU has 4. Only OU plays each of the top two, but both KU and ISU have a couple of tough games ahead of them. For Iowa State, they'll face a much improved Texas team in Austin tomorrow followed by a good Baylor squad, a pesky Wildcat team (on the road) and OU. Kansas still has KSU (on the road, rivalry), Texas, West Virginia and OU. Of the top three, OU has the easiest schedule (and it's not that easy).

I'll be surprised if both KU and ISU don't have at least another loss before playing OU again. If that scenario plays out (and I think it will), combined with OU hopefully taking care of business with Tech and TCU, the OU/ISU and OU/KU games will basically be for the conference title. If you're Lon Kruger, you can't ask for more than that.

I feel like this team has gotten hot at the right time, but didn't look great against Texas recently. I don't read too much into that because Texas is finally playing like the team they were expected to be at the start of the year. The only loss in the last 7 games was @ KSU, and I still think that was some of the worst officiating I've seen this year. Regardless, we didn't give ourselves a good chance in that game.

I'll be happy even if we go 2-2 over the next four and finish 3rd or 4th. It's still a solid year and shows the improvements that have been made. That said, I really think the final game (against KU) will be the game that determines the conference champ and #1 seed in the conference tourney. We'll see...
    It irks the living heck out of me to say it, but I'd be very surprised if KU loses before they head to Norman. KSU may be their rival so to speak, but the beaks are 23-3 all time in Bramlage, & since one of the 3 was just last year, I expect them to be very focused when they head to Manhattan. Hopefully you'll be feeding me crow ala' mode after that one because I'll happily eat it.

If they lose either of the other 2 in Allen, somebody's gonna have to come up here & pick my jaw up off the ground.

Long story short, there are 3 games that are going to haunt us if things stay the way they are now; both OU-KSU games, & Baylor flat out letting KU off the hook in Waco.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

well, got to watch the replay...was out of town. Just wow. Which frickin team will show. It's good to see other guys pick it up if Buddy is down.

I can understand struggle against ut..they are big, tall and I'm sure barnes reminded them plenty how OU out hustled them at home.

Yes, no way ku losses any home games. I'd be really surprised. Also, the ksu game...I'd say ksu has about a 5% chance of winning. especially if it's "the game" to secure the reg league championship.

I'm hoping we go 3-0 obviously, but I kind of figure the isu will be a loss. Out of isu/ku I'd rather beat ku. I'd rather isu get a share of the title than ku getting it outright....I hate ku THAT much! lol.

BOOMER!
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    It irks the living heck out of me to say it, but I'd be very surprised if KU loses before they head to Norman. KSU may be their rival so to speak, but the beaks are 23-3 all time in Bramlage, & since one of the 3 was just last year, I expect them to be very focused when they head to Manhattan. Hopefully you'll be feeding me crow ala' mode after that one because I'll happily eat it.

If they lose either of the other 2 in Allen, somebody's gonna have to come up here & pick my jaw up off the ground.

Long story short, there are 3 games that are going to haunt us if things stay the way they are now; both OU-KSU games, & Baylor flat out letting KU off the hook in Waco.

Toss that crow my way 8x, I'm WAY too happy to mind it right now.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

lol...can we hope for another!
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Sitting at Hudson's having a pilsner or 5 and I just don't see anyway we can lose to tcu, even though we just lead by one at this point. This would be a good time for the players to think one pass ahead and show good communication as they head to the tourney. It's "the little things" at this point that can go a long way for us now.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post

Toss that crow my way 8x, I'm WAY too happy to mind it right now.
    Lol

You had valid points, I just felt like KU hand't looked overly convincing lately.

Anyway, two games left...we can still win the conference. It's a tall task though.