Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Re: You want to defeat radical Muslims...give them jobs

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post

She is doing something with it??? Really? Jobs will lower the number of radical muslims??? Bin Laden had money, Al-Baghdadi has money...should I go on? Radically charged Muslims are driven by an ideology...it ain't money...these guys are more the mercenaries. You kids that do not truly comprehend the enemy or what we are up against the biggest problem. Do you really want to end the war in the Middle East? I mean really end it? Pull every fvcking thing we own, every person, and every bit of money invested in the entire region OUT! Completely leave them in the rear view mirror...that is the only way your are going to end this. That way, they don't have reason to be mad at us...sounds like a great idea...huh?
    So with your appeals to authority and trashing academics we are to assume you "truly" comprehend the enemy? They way I see it neither our highfalutin academia or the military has a real good idea on how to win this war. If your solution is to keep bombing em to the Stone Age, well, that ain't working either.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Skysooner View Post
    Of course it was tongue in cheek, but the fact is that opening markets around the world helps us as much or more than them. I am not about handouts but bringing up the standard of living in the whole world (where possible) does take away some of the reasons there are people desperate enough to become terrorists. It is much more complicated than that, but it is a fact that world economic growth helps everyone.
    I agree, unfortunately THEY have to open to the idea...not thinkin that is in the cards...

Sure there are tons of millionaires that would love to put a McDonalds in...lol (or any other business)
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

She is doing something with it??? Really? Jobs will lower the number of radical muslims??? Bin Laden had money, Al-Baghdadi has money...should I go on? Radically charged Muslims are driven by an ideology...it ain't money...these guys are more the mercenaries. You kids that do not truly comprehend the enemy or what we are up against the biggest problem. Do you really want to end the war in the Middle East? I mean really end it? Pull every fvcking thing we own, every person, and every bit of money invested in the entire region OUT! Completely leave them in the rear view mirror...that is the only way your are going to end this. That way, they don't have reason to be mad at us...sounds like a great idea...huh?
    Yes, and if you'll notice, neither Bin Laden nor Al-Baghdadi ever strapped on a suicide vest. It isn't about the relatively few who have money and are funding terror -- it's about the poor and uneducated who do the will of the money men. The idea isn't that throwing money at them will make them abandon terror -- that's a misrepresentation and over simplification. The idea, and I agree with it, is that more economic opportunities in the middle east will make those foot soldiers less likely to strap on a suicide vest for someone who does have money. When you're poor and have relatively few option you start looking for scapegoats to blame for your condition -- the United States and Israel being the case, and you can easily fall prey to radical Islam. You're quite a bit less likely to kill yourself or risk death when you have a well paying steady job. That should be common sense, and that's why I'm astounded her comments have generated the reaction that they have.

Now, should the United States be responsible for promoting or creating those economic opportunities in any way? Absolutely not. I'm an advocate for cutting off all foreign aid (especially to Israel) globally without exception, closing every overseas military installation, and bringing every deployed soldier home, again, globally. That's one area that she and I clearly disagree on.

But do I fundamentally believe that people with a decent job, the prospect for opportunity, and money in their pocket are less likely to blow themselves up.....yes. Yes, I do.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    http://downtrend.com/71superb/obama-...ate-grievancesjust a glimpse...obama's ideaEfforts to counter violent extremism will only succeed if citizens can address legitimate grievances through the democratic process and express themselves through strong civil societies.
    Where do you get this imbecilic crap at? NO WHERE in obamas op-ed did it say al Qaeda And ISIS Have ‘Legitimate Grievances’. What he said was - Efforts to counter violent extremism will only succeed if citizens can address legitimate grievances through the democratic process and express themselves through strong civil societies. This ignorant dipsh!t said Boy or boy - it's boy OH boy. So much for rightwingnut journalism........

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    So with your appeals to authority and trashing academics we are to assume you "truly" comprehend the enemy? They way I see it neither our highfalutin academia or the military has a real good idea on how to win this war. If your solution is to keep bombing em to the Stone Age, well, that ain't working either.
    I am not a radical muslim SME, but I damn sure understand a great deal about them. I have never claimed that bombing them to the Stone Age was solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet View Post
    What about the Turks, Erdogan has received some bad press for his push towards a politicized Islam but they have been rather democratic. Indonesia? Islamic and rather democratic. China is authoritarian yet no Islam. Russia? See where I am going. Seems rather blanket to say Islam is the problem and certainly lacks a deeper understanding of the area. Almost as intellectually dishonest as claiming Obama is some type of Islamic Manchuria candidate.
    Turkey is now headed in the wrong direction because it now has a fundamentalist President. It will be interesting to watch what happens in China as their middle class increases in size. I suspect they will continue to get more and more liberal in terms of granting the citizens new rights albeit with intermittent periods of tightening liberties when the central planners feel things are progressing too rapidly. Likewise with Russia. Putin can't stay in power forever. Right now he is able to dictate how much civil liberties the citizens will be granted. I think once he is gone Russia will continue the trend that started with the breakup of the Soviet Union of relaxing their tight control over civil liberties.

I'm not saying Obama is a Manchurian candidate. I am saying that Muslim culture had a significant impact on him early in his life. He lived in a Muslim country and attended an Islamic school. Wasn't his father also a Muslim? I think he attended a Christian church(with an anti-social pastor) for political expendiency. Because of his background I think he sees the US as having had a net negative impact on the course of world history and I do believe he is an anti-colonialist and sees this country as one of the colonial powers.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

vCash

I am not a radical muslim SME, but I damn sure understand a great deal about them. I have never claimed that bombing them to the Stone Age was solution.
    So then what is your solution? Could one of them possibly be................................jobs?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    So then what is your solution? Could one of them possibly be................................jobs?
    Could they maybe get you one so you won't have all day to play troll on here?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    Could they maybe get you one so you won't have all day to play troll on here?
    I got me one of them PRIVATE SECTOR jobs. Unlike a few on here, you know who you are, who are "conservatives" and have one of them cushy, do nothin', not adding to the economy gooberment jobs. I'm just being a maker and not a taker..........................

vCash

I got me one of them PRIVATE SECTOR jobs. Unlike a few on here, you know who you are, who are "conservatives" and have one of them cushy, do nothin', not adding to the economy gooberment jobs. I'm just being a maker and not a taker..........................
    ----I wonder if the owners of your company agree with you?-----Let me know when the next stockholders meeting is and I will ask the question if it is OK to have employees spend so much time on the internet

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ----I wonder if the owners of your company agree with you?-----Let me know when the next stockholders meeting is and I will ask the question if it is OK to have employees spend so much time on the internet
    First off....I would start with soonerjeeperman who has a public school teaching job and was on here ALL DAY LONG. Second - my owner completely agrees with me, they are one of the largest donors to dems and granddad who founded the company was a democratic governor about 100 years ago. Lastly.....privately held company no stock holders meetings. All of my peers, my boss, her boss all know how much work I have. They are the ones who set it up this way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

I'm so much better putting that little prick on ignore...and then he wonders why people are always accusing him of having the 'mightier than thou' attitude!

He is a pompous cocksvcker!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

The Leftist is now saying that Islam was part of the founding of America... something to that effect. Now, how many muslims were in the Continental Congress or part of the original 13 colonies? I forget...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Skysooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I agree, unfortunately THEY have to open to the idea...not thinkin that is in the cards...

Sure there are tons of millionaires that would love to put a McDonalds in...lol (or any other business)
    It all starts somewhere, but McDonald's would have to get rid of almost their entire breakfast menu....

This whole thing with the region has been going on for hundreds of years. There was a time when they were more advanced than the western world but that ended a very long time ago. They have issues with totalitarian governments, military juntas, war in and around their countries. It is hard to achieve something stable in a region like that. It can't come from outside either. This has to be their decision, and I suspect we are at least 3 generations away from that making any difference at all.
    Metaphors be with you!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    The Leftist is now saying that Islam was part of the founding of America... something to that effect. Now, how many muslims were in the Continental Congress or part of the original 13 colonies? I forget...
    This is hilarious.

He kind of skimmed over the Muslim Piracy issues.

Sad part is the majority of the fools that voted him in don't know any better than believe the crap he spews.

vCash

First off....I would start with soonerjeeperman who has a public school teaching job and was on here ALL DAY LONG. Second - my owner completely agrees with me, they are one of the largest donors to dems and granddad who founded the company was a democratic governor about 100 years ago. Lastly.....privately held company no stock holders meetings. All of my peers, my boss, her boss all know how much work I have. They are the ones who set it up this way.
    ----I doubt that the owners of your company would want any part of the childish posts you make be a reflection on their business

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Harf began her career at the Directorate of Intelligence at the Central Intelligence Agency as an analyst focusing on Middle Eastern leadership issues. Ignored that part? Not to mention a masters.................
    Ted Kacynzski had a PhD in mathetmatics. So, should we have all just acquiesced to his world view?

Stupid is stupid; and, this spokesman lady is stupid. I don't care how many degrees she has; she could have 20. They ain't helping her with common sense.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Ted Kacynzski had a PhD in mathetmatics. So, should we have all just acquiesced to his world view?Stupid is stupid; and, this spokesman lady is stupid. I don't care how many degrees she has; she could have 20. They ain't helping her with common sense.
    Did you see where she said it was ONE of the solutions? Not the ONLY ONE.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Skysooner View Post
    It all starts somewhere, but McDonald's would have to get rid of almost their entire breakfast menu....

This whole thing with the region has been going on for hundreds of years. There was a time when they were more advanced than the western world but that ended a very long time ago. They have issues with totalitarian governments, military juntas, war in and around their countries. It is hard to achieve something stable in a region like that. It can't come from outside either. This has to be their decision, and I suspect we are at least 3 generations away from that making any difference at all.
    These are people who were herding sheep and wandering around in packs before the British found oil in their crappy sandboxes a little less than 100 years ago. Their problem is their idiot leaders, like with any other country.

It's not our place to tell them to give their people jobs. If their leader gave a damn about them in the first place, they'd already have jobs. They don't give any more of a rip about their people than the acrylic butt shelfs who run every country south of Texas and north of Antarctica.
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 2/19/2015 at 05:37 PM.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

----I doubt that the owners of your company would want any part of the childish posts you make be a reflection on their business
    What do the owners of the company i work for have to do with anything? They don't own me. I work for them. And they would be laughing at how stupid conservatives are on this board.