SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

horns vs Sooners round 2

get back on a roll...need this win.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: horns vs Sooners round 2

Here and now is as good of a place and time as any to promote vBookie OU basketball vEvents. Take your play money (listed below the number of posts you have, which is under your username/avatar to the left of your posts) and get rewarded when OU wins.

If OU should take you to the vCleaners by losing to the likes of Kay Stay While Cass, have no fear: We at SF.com offer second chances via vWelfare (500 new vCash for the vBroke).

So please vBet everything on OU tonight. Or on the "Texas sucks" option, which is pretty much a guaranteed vPayoff

vCash

We roll tonight!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    We roll tonight!
    Hard to believe that Texass has as good a record as we have.
    Opening impressions, unless we hit the 3s/outside shots, we're screwed. Just not enough height/ inside game. Probably the same for the Big 12 Tourney/NCAA tourney--if we don't implode down the stretch, tough ending schedule.

OU girls vs I-State over on FS-1, close game. Looks like we jumped out ahead early, and I-State is on something like a 16-2 or 16-3 run now.
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 2/17/2015 at 09:42 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Didn't think texass was capable of shooting over 35%. Good start for them.

Administrator
    vCash

Kinda crazy to think a lot of the media picked Texas as the team to challenge KU for the conference title.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Great win. The big 12 is such a grind.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercastor View Post
    Great win. The big 12 is such a grind.
    Agreed. You take any win you can get, ugly or not.

This has been one of the most competitive years I can remember in the conference. Just look at the current standings:

Big 12 Standings

TEAM CONF OVERALL
    Kansas 10-3 21-5
    Iowa State 8-4 18-6
    Oklahoma 9-5 18-8
    West Virginia 8-5 20-6
    Baylor 7-6 19-7
    Oklahoma St 7-6 17-8
    Texas 6-7 17-9
    Kansas St 6-7 13-13
    TCU 2-10 15-10
    Texas Tech 2-12 12-15

With WVU beating KU, it offsets our loss to KSU (in the hunt for the title). There are 4 teams within 2 games of the lead, and OU still plays KU and ISU. Right now, we control our own destiny. It's been a while since that was the case this late in the season.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Doesn't KU have to lose twice? How are we in control?

vCash

yes, ku has to lose twice. Guess we are in control of 2nd place. I really doubt ku losses twice...hopefully at least once to US!

Good win...good lord 13 blocks? wow. Again, even though we shot more FT the officiating sucked. Really big 12 refs are frickin clueless...

I watch the bu/tt game...HORRIBLE calls on both sides...guess calls and non-calls. no consistency.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

13 blocks, and we earned every one! I don't understand what our strategy was. We don't have the team to go at bigs like Texas has, yet we did it over and over again. We were lucky to grab a W here.

It's a real shame we got screwed against KSU. If we'd have won there we would stand a decent chance to be playing for a conference championship on Senior Night. Oh well. At least we have a good shot at ending KU's streak next year. We have the best defense in the conference this year, and we stand a good chance to have the best in the country next year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

We're not in control of our destiny, but if we win out, I'd bet money that we get a share of the conference. Kansas is clearly the best team in the conference, but they're not as far ahead as they often are. I suspect that they will lose a game between Texas, @KSU, and WVU. Probably not more than one, though, so we've got to go to Ames and steal one...which is reasonable, but certainly not probable.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    13 blocks, and we earned every one! I don't understand what our strategy was. We don't have the team to go at bigs like Texas has, yet we did it over and over again. We were lucky to grab a W here.
    That was a headscratcher. Texas' offense seemed to operate much smoother than it has previously this season.

vCash

lol, yeah Thomas said on his last bucket +1 the coaches were saying pump fake 3, yes THREE times....lol. It worked.

It's going to be really hard for ku to lose one. I think ut has the best shot, size wise but it's at home. That's worth 4-7 points. We actually have the "easiest" path to win out. only isu on the road, ku at home...tcu and tt SHOULD be wins. ISU has a tough road starting tonight against osu. The frickin ksu game just kills me....so frickin close. We have to win in Ames, which will be very tough.

Yes, next year, I think Buddy stays...with our 2 other RS guys, 6'10 and 6'7 long and athletic, a 7' coming in. I think we could be top 10.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Both KSU games are rage inducing to think about... which is what KSU used to say about us back when they were legit.

Perhaps the KSU connection with Lon Kruger is just too strong, being back in Little Apple with their Octagon of Doom and sooo much purple derple.

vCash

I actually worked with his wife when he coached ksu...I was working at one of the schools his kids went to. She was a very nice lady. Kevin was the spittin image of his dad...lol