Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: On Sammie's future with the Rams....

What's the problem with Weinke? Just because he wasn't an NFL star doesn't mean he can't coach.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    What's the problem with Weinke?
    He's got something that belongs to Josh Heupel

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Weinke may be a very capable QB coach, it's just the confluences of history that amaze me. I.E.: You can't make this stuff up.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBigRed View Post
    Have to do two things, Rams. Protection and receiving options. You can give him all the time in the World, but if he doesn't have anyone open/to throw to... moot point. Same goes for having targets to throw to, but no time.

@#$% or get off the pot and send Sam someplace he can show the caliber of QB he truly is.
    "...send Sam someplace..."

I'd like to see Sam handing off to Adrian Peterson, and both in Dallas Cowboy uniforms.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Weinke may be a very capable QB coach, it's just the confluences of history that amaze me. I.E.: You can't make this stuff up.
    Yeah, football is a small world - especially the coaching ranks.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    Well, at least Weinke got the trophy, so he should be happy, and harbor nothing against Sam.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Let's all forget that career backup Shaun Hill and USM walk-on Austin Davis both finished 23 and 24 in passer rating last year (ahead of guys like Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, and Cam Newton) despite playing in the division with the toughest pass defense the NFL has ever seen. Let's also forget that Sam was #11 in 2013 before he got hurt. This kind of information makes it look like there is nobody to blame other than Sam, and we wouldn't want that.

Sam has nobody to blame but his own body for his lack of success. If he stays healthy, he has all the tools he needs. If Andrew Luck were QB'ing the Rams this year, they'd be playoff-bound.

I love Sam, and it really saddens me to see him keep getting hurt, but stop making lame excuses for him. The Rams don't have a perfect roster, but their biggest weakness is QB.
    Last edited by Eielson; 2/19/2015 at 11:05 PM.