Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner Women's Softball

Game Report:

Last night I went to see the 2015 Sooner Women's softball team winding up in the finals of the Oceanic Cable Paradise Classic, playing the Hawaii Rainbow Wahine.

Parking was $6 per car but when we got to the gate to the Softball Complex the gate was open, no one taking tickets or anything. No reserved seating, just sit wherever you want.

We ended up on the 1st base side sitting with a group of 20 or so OU Softball Faithful Fans.One was Kady Self's grandfather. They all had on OU Softball regalia. I shared my peanuts and they shard their malasadas.

Lauren Chamberlain had a rough evening hitting, after her previous games over the weekend where she hit 3 homers. No problem tho as newcomer CF Nicole Pendley (Shelby's lil' sister) hit 2 homers last night, the 1st one a towering blast over the centerfield fence and the 2nd one, a line drive, went like a rocket and smashed into the scoreboard in right field. Lots of other offensive fireworks as the Sooners run ruled the Wahine 8-0 in 5 innings.

OU also showed their prowess defensively as freshman Paige Parker threw a no hitter, striking out 9 batters. She blew her fastball right past he hitters. Her change up still needs some work as it usually floated way too high. She'll be a force. Well, after last night she already is a force.

Lots of new talent complementing the already quality players is gonna make this Sooner squad a dominant team. It should be a very good year for the Lady Sooners.

5-0
    Last edited by hawaii 5-0; 2/8/2015 at 06:06 PM.
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Sooner Women's Softball

Thanks for posting....I haven't been able to read much about the softball team...I
    really enjoy it when they get on TV.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rock on sooner View Post
    Thanks for posting....I haven't been able to read much about the softball team...I
    really enjoy it when they get on TV.....
    Dittos. I enjoy watching them play, as well.(on TV) Good to see a Sooner team with plenty of chips on their shoulders. Is Patti Gasso our best current coach? She has my vote.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

cool, I also try and keep up, watch when on the tube. Course I'm kind of an OU nut, I'll watch about anything OU.
    They look loaded this year again....

Yes, Rush, I'd say she's pretty close. Gymnastics, both men and women are always top in the country..
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Guess we might never see another Port Robertson, Tommy Evans, or even Stan Abel in wrestling?!?!? I was at OU when we had GREAT teams with Tommy Evans as coach. Going to matches was great fun back then.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.