SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

ut fan in neighborhood

don't know the guy..never seen him and not really in my 'hood. BUT....I was driving on side street and as we approached each other he gives me the horns up through the front windshield. I have an OU license plate on front of car...it just struck me as juvenile...or something like that. At first I thought he was flipping me off...I didn't figure it out til he drove by....lol.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Administrator
    vCash

Re: ut fan in neighborhood

I get it every once in a while, but being in Colorado there aren't that many whorns fans. Every time it happens though, I'm caught off guard and just stare back at them with a blank face. I have reacted a little quicker on a couple of occasions and given them the horns down.

vCash

I once passed this old lady in a Caddy on my way to Tulsa. She had a 'Baylor Grandmother' decal on her back window so, as I passed, I gave her a "Sic 'Em Bears." She gave me the dirtiest look and then flipped me off. Hand to God, true story.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I actually find the ut fans are quite friendly out here. I've had more than my share come up and start talking football because I have an OU frame on my license plate. It always takes me a few seconds to figure out WTH is going on, though.

On the other hand, my wife's favorite story is her going about 70 on the beltway and someone pulling up next to her, laying on the horn. She looks over, freaked out something was seriously wrong, and two of them start doing the O-U arm gesture to her--of course including the driver! lol

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I once passed this old lady in a Caddy on my way to Tulsa. She had a 'Baylor Grandmother' decal on her back window so, as I passed, I gave her a "Sic 'Em Bears." She gave me the dirtiest look and then flipped me off. Hand to God, true story.
    Perhaps she mistook you for a lezbo and thought you were giving her the universal melon squeeze hand gesture. I know I've gotten in trouble in the past when I gave the horns down to a dude right as I passed a girl that was lying face down getting sun at the beach.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...you need to find out where he lives and urinate in his yard to mark your territory

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

It's winter. Carefully spread weed killer in a big OU in his yard.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Or, make a point to meet him and ask if the whorns are still playin' football..

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Perhaps she mistook you for a lezbo and thought you were giving her the universal melon squeeze hand gesture. I know I've gotten in trouble in the past when I gave the horns down to a dude right as I passed a girl that was lying face down getting sun at the beach.
    You were mistaken for a lesbian?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Therealsouthsider View Post
    ...you need to find out where he lives and urinate in his yard to mark your territory

ss
    I hope you're Cody Thomas' life coach.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    You were mistaken for a lesbian?
    Baldest lezbo evar!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Baldest lezbo evar!
    I've seen a couple of pretty bald lesbians...

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    That's awesome. Reminds me of a story (because it has to do with a "fan" that doesn't really have a clue):

I can't remember what year it was exactly, but it was in the mid-90's (94, I think), and I was leaving the Cotton Bowl after a loss to the whorns in the Red River Shootout. I was with a group of people and a lot of OU fans were all walking out together. The mood was pretty somber and a friend and I were discussing the game. I said something like "Texas was the better team today" (or something equally as generic). Immediately, a lady walking right in front of me turned around and yelled "F**k you!, Just wait 'til you play Nebraska, they're going to kick your ***!".

Let me set the scene a little better for you: I was in my OU gear, along with the group of 7 or so I was with. There wasn't a single whorn fan to be seen anywhere around us. The lady yelling was also wearing OU gear.

I had no idea what she was trying to say. The guy with her (her boyfriend I'm assuming) grabbed her arm and started to point at my shirt (with the obvious OU logo and crimson color). She yanked her arm away and proceeded to read me the riot act about how texas had gotten lucky and they were going to get destroyed by Nebraska.

To this day, I'm still confused (and maybe even a little traumatized) by the whole ordeal. This chick was so hellbent on going off that she was blind to the fact that I (and the 100 or so folks within earshot) were all Sooner fans. To make it worse, I don't think it ever dawned on her, and to top it all off she was going on about Nebraska...a team we hadn't even played yet, and a team that Texas wasn't going to play that year.

Her boyfriend finally pulled her away, but we were already laughing hysterically by that point which was just infuriating her more.

That's the craziest situation I've ever encountered that related to my Sooner fandom.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    That's awesome. Reminds me of a story (because it has to do with a "fan" that doesn't really have a clue):

I can't remember what year it was exactly, but it was in the mid-90's (94, I think), and I was leaving the Cotton Bowl after a loss to the whorns in the Red River Shootout. I was with a group of people and a lot of OU fans were all walking out together. The mood was pretty somber and a friend and I were discussing the game. I said something like "Texas was the better team today" (or something equally as generic). Immediately, a lady walking right in front of me turned around and yelled "F**k you!, Just wait 'til you play Nebraska, they're going to kick your ***!".

Let me set the scene a little better for you: I was in my OU gear, along with the group of 7 or so I was with. There wasn't a single whorn fan to be seen anywhere around us. The lady yelling was also wearing OU gear.

I had no idea what she was trying to say. The guy with her (her boyfriend I'm assuming) grabbed her arm and started to point at my shirt (with the obvious OU logo and crimson color). She yanked her arm away and proceeded to read me the riot act about how texas had gotten lucky and they were going to get destroyed by Nebraska.

To this day, I'm still confused (and maybe even a little traumatized) by the whole ordeal. This chick was so hellbent on going off that she was blind to the fact that I (and the 100 or so folks within earshot) were all Sooner fans. To make it worse, I don't think it ever dawned on her, and to top it all off she was going on about Nebraska...a team we hadn't even played yet, and a team that Texas wasn't going to play that year.

Her boyfriend finally pulled her away, but we were already laughing hysterically by that point which was just infuriating her more.

That's the craziest situation I've ever encountered that related to my Sooner fandom.
    Kind of reminds me of one night about 3am I was sitting in "The Kettle" with a buddy of mine, and we were waxing philosophical about this and that. At one point, I said something about whether you die at 60 or 80, no one in 500 years is going to care, and this drunk guy walking out yells, "I'll care! You wanna step outside?" I respond, "Uh, no thanks, but good to know buddy!" His friend drags him out and he's clearly trying to either come back in to fight with me or wait around until I come out, but after 3 or 4 minutes his friend shoves him in the car and they leave. There are some whack-a** people in this world.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

those are all great suggestions....the funny is, I have no idea who this guy is...very random. I just thought it was weird. Obviously the guy saw my tag, like 4-5 houses away, guess maybe he's seen me driving around, my flag on my house...who knows. BUT he sat there as he was driving...just waiting to give me the hook'em with his hand...like in his windshield, making sure I saw it. I just laughed...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe it was a Hawaiian Shaka sign. Casually they look familiar.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!