SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

LHN now on Directv

I was flipping through the sports tier channels on Directv when I came across the Longwhorn Network on 677. So I guess ESPN finally came down on their price or included it in the ESPN renewal.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: LHN now on Directv

Anyone on this site care?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I'm still the Rob Lowe with cable.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

It was pretty hilarious to see their spring games the past few years and their post-loss coverage. Other than that, they cater to the whorn, not the anti-whorn. They didn't show the RRS after Texas lost --- they showed replays of years Texas won instead

vCash

I was just surprised how it just appeared with no notice or fanfare unlike what they would have done a few years ago.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    I was just surprised how it just appeared with no notice or fanfare unlike what they would have done a few years ago.
    I think the LHN is going to prove a big failure, if it hasn't already. ESPiN was promoting every chance they got on their other networks but now they've forgotten LHN and focused solely (smartly too) on SEC network. They are promoting SEC network like there is no tomorrow and nary a word about LHN. ESPiN is probably trying to re-coup any money they can with LHN now they know only people in TX are the only ones remotely interested.

vCash

LHN is an abysmal failure......which everyone but ESPN pretty much knew it would be. The decline in the UT program came at a bad time for them, if they were having some success that probably would have masked some of the stink factor. One factor was that no I knew while living in Austin had access to the channel, Whorn fan or not.