Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Rece Davis taking over for Chris Fowler as host of GameDay

By Nick Bromberg
    Chris Fowler's college football double-duty is coming to an end.
    ESPN host Rece Davis will take over for Fowler as the host of College GameDay in 2015. Before the 2014 season, Fowler, the host of GameDay since 1990, took over play-by-play duties on ESPN's lead Saturday game with Kirk Herbstreit.
    Now, Fowler will focus solely on his play-by-play duties while Davis will host the morning show.
    ESPN also announced that Davis would stay with the network through 2021. He's been an integral part of ESPN's college football coverage as a studio host with Mark May and Lou Holtz.
    “I’m extremely pleased to continue to call ESPN my professional home," Davis said in a release. "The past 20 years have been extraordinarily rewarding and this new chapter as the host of College GameDay is one I eagerly embrace. I’ve cared deeply about college football my entire life. *As a result, I’m humbled and grateful to join the brilliant men and women who have built GameDay into the sport’s defining show.”
    When he took over the lead play-by-play job from Brent Musburger, who moved to the SEC Network, Fowler had said he wasn't going to continue in both roles for a very long time.
    “I am truly proud and gratified to have hosted College GameDay for the past 25 years, from the humble
    early days in the studio to its present place on the sports TV landscape," Fowler said. "Traveling the country with Lee, Kirk, Desmond, and the whole GameDay family as we shared Saturday mornings with passionate football fans has been professionally and personally rewarding... and unforgettable fun.
    "In choosing to shift my focus to play-by-play for Saturday Night Football, the College Football Playoff, and the biggest tennis events year-round, it was important to me that GameDay be left in excellent hands. It certainly will be with someone as talented and dedicated as Rece Davis. I know viewers will welcome him and I am excited to watch GameDay's continuing evolution.”

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe that little rant he went in about the whole "Espn isn't biased toward the SEC" stuff was the tipping point?
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSoonerThanLater View Post
    Maybe that little rant he went in about the whole "Espn isn't biased toward the SEC" stuff was the tipping point?
    That works. I like Reece the best anyway. He is always tiptoeing around the politics but he is a regular voice is dissent and I appreciate that.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.
    Posted from iOS app

Re: Rece Davis taking over for Chris Fowler as host of GameDay

Im so glad Fowler is gone... He is a bitch.