Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

OU ***2015 National Signing Day***

Soonersports has a very cool page which gives a lot of details on each signee.

http://soonersports.com/fls/31000/mi...day/index.html

vCash

Re: ***2015 National Signing Day***

List of 2015 commits:
    Commit - Hometown - High School/C.C - Height - Weight - Position - Year

Early Signees:
    DeDe Westbrook - Brenham, Texas - Blinn College - 6-1 - 170 - WR - JR
    William Johnson - New Rochelle, New York - Monroe College - 6-0 - 180 - CB - JR
    John Humphrey Jr. - League City, Texas - Clear Falls High School - 6-0 - 160 - WR - FR
    Bobby Evans - Allen, Texas - Allen High School - 6-5 - 270 - OT - FR
    Jamal Danley - Byhalia, Mississippi - East Mississippi C. C. - 6-5 - 305 - OT - JR
    Rodney Anderson - Katy, Texas - Katy High School - 6-1 - 205 - RB - FR

Today's signees:
    Neville Gallimore - St. Catherine's, Ontario, Canada - Canada Prep Football Academy - 6-3 - 303 - DT - JR
    Ricky DeBerry - Mechanicsville, Virginia - Atlee High School - 6-2 - 240 - DE - FR
    P.J. Mbanasor - Pflugerville, Texas - Hendrickson High School - 6-1 - 180 - CB - FR
    Cody Ford - Pineville, Louisiana - Pineville High School - 6-4 - 322 - OG - FR
    Kenneth Mann - Burleson, Texas - Burleson High School - 6-4 - 240 - DE - FR
    Gabriel Campbell - Yazoo City, Mississippi - Yazoo City High School - 6-6 - 260 - DE - FR
    Kahlil Haughton - Waco, Texas - Midway High School - 6-1 - 178 - S - FR
    Marquise Overton - Jenks, Oklahoma - Jenks High School - 6-1 - 300 - DT - FR
    A.D. Miller - Dallas, Texas - Bishop Dunne - 6-3 - 175 - WR - FR
    Dalton Wood - McAlester, Oklahoma - McAlester High School - 6-4 - 250 - TE - FR
    Dahu Green - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - Westmoore - 6-5 - 190 - WR - FR
    Dominique Hearne - Lancaster, Texas - Lancaster High School - 6-3 - 288 - OG - FR
    Austin Seibert - Belleville, Illinois - Belleville West High School - 5-10 - 195 - K - FR
    Dru Samia - Danville, California - San Ramon Valley High School - 6-5 - 280 - OG - FR
    Will Sunderland Jr. - Midwest City, Oklahoma - Midwest City High School - 6-2 - 186 - S - FR
    Prentice McKinney - Dallas, Texas - South Oak Cliff - 6-2 - 180 - DB - FR
    Antoine Stephens - Dallas, Texas - Justin F. Kimball High School - 6-2 - 187 - CB - FR
    Arthur McGinnis - New Orleans, Louisiana - Warren Easton - 6-2 - 225 - LB - FR
    Last edited by Boomer.....; 2/4/2015 at 12:21 PM.

vCash

Wariboko chose UCLA

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s.../classrankings

Not too shabby considering the ending to the season and off season changes.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    Wariboko chose UCLA

Can't blame the kid as I wanted the Cali experience when I graduated with my BS from OU. I applied to Berkeley, Stanford and USC and ended up at Stanford. If I had a hot tub time machine to do it again, I would replace USC with UCLA.

vCash

McGinnis finally sent in his LOI, so that may wrap up the class.

Van Jefferson is announcing at 1:30, but is a long shot.

vCash

A map showing where each recruit is located:

vCash

If that map shows us anything, it's that Monty has no recruiting boundaries.

vCash

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...cKinney-141133

Prentice McKinney signed with us today. He was the "secret" visit TFB was talking about. We flipped him from UNC, so probably not a game changer, but he's supposedly one of the better S in Texas.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Can't blame the kid as I wanted the Cali experience when I graduated with my BS from OU. I applied to Berkeley, Stanford and USC and ended up at Stanford. If I had a hot tub time machine to do it again, I would replace USC with UCLA.
    You did it right, though. Get your BS at OU, and then go to Cali.

I don't have any ill-will toward the kid, but it's a bit concerning that two of our top 5 guys were stolen out of our own backyard by Nebraska and UCLA. I'd be questioning Bedenbaugh right now, but his recruiting seems just fine, as he, along with Monty, seems to be one of the only guys on our staff not constrained to Oklahoma-Texas right now. Not that it's a negative just recruiting Texas and Oklahoma, because if you do it well that's all you could possibly need. It's nice being able to go beyond, though.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Did the Vegas Pipeline dry up ?

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    You did it right, though. Get your BS at OU, and then go to Cali.

I don't have any ill-will toward the kid, but it's a bit concerning that two of our top 5 guys were stolen out of our own backyard by Nebraska and UCLA. I'd be questioning Bedenbaugh right now, but his recruiting seems just fine, as he, along with Monty, seems to be one of the only guys on our staff not constrained to Oklahoma-Texas right now. Not that it's a negative just recruiting Texas and Oklahoma, because if you do it well that's all you could possibly need. It's nice being able to go beyond, though.
    There will always be some kids determined to go out of state and no recruiter can change that. My daughter was that way causing me no end of travel grief. I do question why someone would be determined to leave OK for NE, but that's probably just my world view.

vCash

Did any of the juco kids come from OK originally? I'm too lazy to check....
    Only saw 4 kids from OK...I know that IA St got two from OK..anyone know
    if any other OK kids signed with D1 schools?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Kolar, a Norman product, signed with OSewe. I know KState picked up at least one kid from Lawton.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I can fully understand if someone from Oklahoma wants to get out and see more of America sometime in their life.

I wish I had done it when I was younger. It's still nice to come home.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    There will always be some kids determined to go out of state and no recruiter can change that. My daughter was that way causing me no end of travel grief. I do question why someone would be determined to leave OK for NE, but that's probably just my world view.
    Yup. It's gonna happen. I just hate losing two big-time recruits at the same position in the same year. Losing a guy to go play in Cali or SEC is understandable, but I almost wonder if we stopped recruiting Barnett, or if he might have been scared off by all of our other OL recruits. I'm not too far removed from Oklahoma HS football, and I don't ever recall a kid wanting to go Big 10.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

he's not the first kid to play OL that chose Nebraska over OU from the Lawton area.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D View Post
    he's not the first kid to play OL that chose Nebraska over OU from the Lawton area.
    They weren't Big 10!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

conference is irrelevant to be honest.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D View Post
    conference is irrelevant to be honest.
    Gonna have to disagree there. I know for a fact that we've missed out on guys that went to places like Arkansas in recent years just because they wanted to play SEC. I'm not just speculating here, either. I personally know some coaches and players involved.

Additionally, nobody in Oklahoma wants to play in the Big 10. It's not just that the competition is lower, and that the Big 10 doesn't have the NFL prospects of the SEC, the hometown prestige of the Big XII, or the attractiveness of SoCal. It's friggin cold up north, and we're just not meant for it. Oklahoma players would much rather play in 100 degree weather than 30 degree weather. It's not even close, and it's one of the miserable side effects of having a deep playoff run.

If you don't believe me, just look on Rivals and try to find top prospect that went Big 10.