Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

**** just got real!

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tarting-qb-job

CT is focusing on football now. I thought he was a big-time baseball prospect (I may be wrong), so I'm surprised. Not saying he'll be the starter, but hat's pretty big news as I see it, and I'd put even more money on Baker not being our starter next year.

vCash

Re: **** just got real!

I'm interested to know why he made this decision. His PT this year showed him how realistic it is for him to start, and he knew how much work he needed to do? He's excited for LR's new system? He's convinced this QB competition is wide open? A combination of these things?

Here's how I'd rank their odds:

1. TK
    2. CT
    3. JH
    4. BM

This isn't to say I think TK is the answer, but as bad as he has been at times, he's still been better than CT and BM. Additionally, he's the starter, and the oldest. I don't care how open BS says this is; TK is going to have to be beat out, and he's the statistical favorite. CT's decision separates him from JH, but JH is the wildcard of the group.

vCash

Another factor could be how much of the decision is up to Riley to determine the depth chart at QB. I would hope a lot given he is both the QB position coach and OC. That should set the table of as open of a competition as possible.

vCash

Is there a chance I could start?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Start a p.issing contest? Probably.

vCash

If we had Chad President, no. But since we don't...maybe.

Administrator
    vCash

I wondered if this would happen. Given that he's spent the past two years learning/working the old system, and now is going to have to learn a completely new system, spending the off-season playing baseball wouldn't provide the time he'll need to stay competitive when the spring/summer rolls around.

Thomas was a solid high school QB that wasn't ready to be thrust into action last season. I don't know if that had to do with his position coach or if he just needed more time to develop, but I think he stands to do well in the new scheme.

I'm still very interested in Hansen, as I've thought he was the best passer of the group, but the odds are against him taking over this season.

I have no idea how this year's QB race will turn out, but Mayfield would seem to have an advantage (having played in this system). I wouldn't count anyone out.

vCash

Funny thing is I heard Coach Hughes talking to Toby on KREF and Pete said Cody was likely to start in the outfield.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    If we had Chad President, no. But since we don't...maybe.
    If I could deliver an 11-win season, would you be okay with me purposely throwing one game a season?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Unless their coaching and skillset improves, it isn't going to matter what the system is because neither TK nor CT showed the ability to hit the broad side of a barn this year.

vCash

If I could deliver an 11-win season, would you be okay with me purposely throwing one game a season?
    As long as Baylor is ranked, and the second game is played out fairly if it happens. Also, that 11-win season is regular season, and does not factor in post-season. Lastly, let me borrow your Xbox.
    Last edited by Eielson; 2/3/2015 at 11:55 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Unless their coaching and skillset improves, it isn't going to matter what the system is because neither TK nor CT showed the ability to hit the broad side of a barn this year.
    Well we DID just bring in a new QB coach, OC, and soon we'll have a new WR coach...so there's that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member achiro's Avatar
    vCash

I could be wrong on this but I don't thing TK will be the starter next season unless he completely changes the way he throws the ball. He is not nearly accurate enough right now.
    I would agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    As long as Baylor is ranked, and the second game is played out fairly if it happens. Also, that 11-win season is regular season, and does not factor in post-season. Lastly, let me borrow your Xbox.
    I'm a PC gamer. Consoles are for peasants.
    /r/pcmasterrace

vCash

Thomas could run circles around Knight....It will be between Mayfield and Thomas.....
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Thomas could run circles around Knight....It will be between Mayfield and Thomas.....
    What have you seen from CT that makes you think he could run circles around Knight? About the only thing I've seen CT do better than TK is the fake handoff.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    What have you seen from CT that makes you think he could run circles around Knight? About the only thing I've seen CT do better than TK is the fake handoff.
    well with our RB's that's not necessarily a bad thing! lol he did have some nice runs after faking the hand-off~

* that sounded like I was dissing our RB's...not at all...BECAUSE they are so good the really good fake hand-off is a weapon of mass destruction!
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Based on what?

vCash

For one Thomas isn't afraid to make the tackle when he throws a pick...Secondly I dont think Knight could run around in circles without getting hury......Thirdly the KP desperation tweet seals it for me.,...The dip**** doesn't even know what the term power couple means...He hasn't done ****....!!!
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

All kidding aside, I have some mental images of their first night together that are chuckle-worthy. Sort of like the old SNL 'Bambi meets Godzilla'.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown