Thread: recruit commits

vCash

recruit commits

Can Yall tell me why you get so excited?
    a Kid says "I'm going to Oklahoma" and every one pees their pants , another Kid says "I switch" " I aint going to LSU" Ima going to OKLAHOMA" and every one Pees their pants, Then some 5 star dude says " I changed my mind" " I aint going to OU. ima go to west Phfilbrooke"

Please Until these Kids ever hit the field , Who CARES?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TheUnnamedSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: recruit commits

Gives us some optimism and something to talk about in the offseason. Sure beats sitting around bitchin about obama.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Please Until these Kids ever hit the field , Who CARES?
    obviously alot of "yall" people seem to care

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Can Yall tell me why you get so excited? a Kid says "I'm going to Oklahoma" and every one pees their pants , another Kid says "I switch" " I aint going to LSU" Ima going to OKLAHOMA" and every one Pees their pants, Then some 5 star dude says " I changed my mind" " I aint going to OU. ima go to west Phfilbrooke" Please Until these Kids ever hit the field , Who CARES?
    You mean other than the fact the recruiting is the life blood of any program?

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Recruiting is the lifeblood a lot y'all.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    You mean other than the fact the recruiting is the life blood of any program?
    THREE CHEERS! You said something that non leftists can agree with.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Because so many posters are guys experiencing BPH, so they are ready to pee at a moments notice.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Because we want to be in the top 20 in something?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jdsooner View Post
    Because we want to be in the top 20 in something?
    Last I saw, we're ranked # 17, but this was before the last three commits...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Because without good players Bob might have to live in a house under 10,000 square feet.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Administrator
    vCash

I love any/everything to do with OU football. I follow recruiting because I want to know what the future of the program will look like and once a kid starts to contribute, it's nice to know something about him. It's also a good way to get through the off-season.

I've been following recruiting since before the internet. Having all of the information available online has been great, but it can also be misleading...but I digress.

My interest in recruiting ends with research. I have never/will never contact a recruit in person. To me, that's just crazy (unless your the same age as the guy, or know him). I see a lot of that going on, and much of it is harmless, but some of it is not. There are definitely people out there that take it to the extreme.

vCash

I can see yer Points, I just dont have that curiosity level i guess.
    These Kids Make a verbal an everyone gets excited then he decommits and every ones sad then he makes a Verbal to another skool and every one there gets all happy pants.

Or we land a 5 star and he fizzles out in the off season never to be seen or heard from again,

To each his own I reckon.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Administrator
    vCash

I can see yer Points, I just dont have that curiosity level i guess.
    These Kids Make a verbal an everyone gets excited then he decommits and every ones sad then he makes a Verbal to another skool and every one there gets all happy pants.

Or we land a 5 star and he fizzles out in the off season never to be seen or heard from again,

To each his own I reckon.
    I never get worked up either way. It makes me happy when a kid commits (especially if he's a highly regarded player), but I don't get bent out of shape when they de-commit, or end up elsewhere.

They're 18 year old kids with the attention span of a fly. I don't lose sleep if they change their mind. Some folks do though, and I don't understand that behavior.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

...because we're looking for the next AD, or Boz, or Bradford or Dupree. Before they were stars, they were.....RECRUITS! Hope springs eternal.

Natural part of the process.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy View Post
    ...because we're looking for the next AD, or Boz, or Bradford or Dupree. Before they were stars, they were.....RECRUITS! Hope springs eternal.

Natural part of the process.
    OU fans gonna OU. After tomorrow's National Signing Day, the Offseason is OFFICIAL, unfortunately. nearly 7 months of both the cold and the hot, bleak days of non college football. THE HORROR!!!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    I love any/everything to do with OU football. I follow recruiting because I want to know what the future of the program will look like and once a kid starts to contribute, it's nice to know something about him. It's also a good way to get through the off-season.

I've been following recruiting since before the internet. Having all of the information available online has been great, but it can also be misleading...but I digress.

My interest in recruiting ends with research. I have never/will never contact a recruit in person. To me, that's just crazy (unless your the same age as the guy, or know him). I see a lot of that going on, and much of it is harmless, but some of it is not. There are definitely people out there that take it to the extreme.
    that alabama fan that got ahold of the cell number of an auburn commit this year comes to mind.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

We got enough talent, combined with the players already on the team, to perform at a championship level, if the coaching is also there.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash
    I was watching the "top 15 wildest signing day videos of all time" yesterday. I recognized one kid. Jimmy Clausen.

So... Where are those prima donnas now? Some kids peak in HS and their attitudes go along with it. I'm sorry that we missed out on that O lineman from Oklahoma though.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....some buy a hat and flip on the tv a few Saturdays every Fall and call themselves a fan....while others buy season tickets and enjoy following the program

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"