Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
Sic,

Don't speak about sh!t that you have no idea about...there are certainly 'over-entitled career' people in every aspect of life, but Gen Mattis and Gen Flynn certainly do NOT fall into that category. You are really talking out of your azz on this one! I will also concede that the herd could 'culled' from time to time, but by God...cull the slackers, not the ones who make your job uncomfortable because they don't agree with your thin skinned azz!!

This article is poor journalism...at best, but there are certainly many instance of Generals suddenly retiring after disagreeing with the current administration. Brilliant men have been unceremoniously shown the door. There are many of us that actually fall under their chain of command in certain instances and the troops where quite upset by their departures!

Gen Mattis is nothing short of hero and one of the most respected Officers in the history of the USMC
I know of Mattis quite well, but I'm not familiar with Flynn. My statement wasn't directed at any officer specifically. Nonetheless, I remain a fan of large cuts from the very top to the enlisted ranks.