Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash

Re: Sooner's down in Waco

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner95 View Post
    I don't think it's heart, its just execution.

This team has talented players but they just do not play well and use the strengths of this team.

Too many quick shots, particularly behind the arc. Not enough ball movement, interior shots/drives being pursued. Thomas and Spangler should be easily getting 15pts 10 boards combined each game. That opens up the guard play, which we have good ones, Hield would get his. Woodard has shown moments of knocking down an outside shot. He needs to drive to the bucket more, draw in the defense.

This team disappoints me more than anything because I know we are better than 12-7.

Lon has got to get this into their heads. If this continues, ya we may be a tourney team, but an 8-9 seed and one and done. Crap gets old.
    Bob Stoops, is that you?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

saw just a bit...that's what is sad...I shouldn't miss a game but with the up/down way the team has played.....ugh.

I might disagree with some...I'm not so sure we are that "talented". Sure Buddy is good, Cousins is good...but compared to the league..not so sure we have just raw talent that belongs in the top 5 of the league. Our guys are true blue collar worker guys. The problem is IF the other team is working just as hard as we are the talent difference shows up.

I know "stars" done by recruiters are different...but there is SOME reason they are ranked.

I do love the team...but not sure they'll go far. Hopefully Buddy stays for next year we'll see.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

I can't see buddy getting drafted at this point. He's a tweener. He's a 6'4 guard that does everything pretty well but nothing great. He's a nice college player and I think he's been good for the program, I just see him signing a contract outside of the US.