Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

OU mascot fired after Poke game

Gah.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsextr...a5a7aa715.html

OSU certainly didn't "fire" the cheerleader that stuck his foot out in front of our player after the 2013 game in Stilly, nor did they arrest/reprimand or take any action against fans throwing stuff on the field post-victory that year.

But good for us for taking the high road, I guess.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 nighttrain12's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OU mascot fired after Poke game

Ummm, what exactly did he/she/it do that was out of line? Did they say to OSU fans, you're obviously from Stool-Water because you smell like Stool-Water?
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    ... and the home, of the, SOONERS!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

vCash

OMG! I should have read the article first!?! He spilled popcorn on opposing fans! What a monster!

The TV station reported that some said the mascot taunted OSU fans and spilled popcorn on spectators.
    BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

vCash

Our colleagues over at ouhoops had some firsthand accounts:
    http://ouhoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33617

OSU fans freaked out over nothing. One even went and grabbed a police officer to complain about a horse with popcorn.
    What I saw looked kind of like when the Harlem Globetrotters throw the bucket of confetti. The OSU fan was definitely heated in a conversation with the sheriff's deputy. I didn't see any other visibly upset responses, and I don't think the complaining fan would have been hit with popcorn from what I saw.
    It wasn't much of anything. He was just doing usual mascot taunting. It wasn't until the popcorn flew in the air that I really began to hone in on what was taking place. One lady jumped up from her seat and reacted like the popcorn that touched her was akin to getting waterboarded. If looks could kill...

Boomer could tell that the orange tide in front of him was not taking the antics in good humor. He seemed to mime an apology and headed back to the tunnel as the former heckler got heckled. A few moments later, one of the gentleman in the front row grabbed a police officer and angrily pointed at Boomer as he walked to the tunnel. I couldn't hear their conversation, but judging by the officer's body language she looked mad to be pulled aside to hear about mascot mischief. I never saw Boomer appear the rest of the game.
    Pistol Pete once fired his shotgun at our drum major (2002 I think) and our band director got livid. The shotgun was taken away the rest of the game but I don't think OSU did anything else to their mascot.

Once again, we have higher standards that the turkey leg wavers and throwers.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I guess the mascot is lucky the game was not in Florida. Folks there have been know to "stand their ground" against the deadly popcorn using lethal force.

vCash

I just had a few crazy thoughts.

Who are the only Pokes brave enough to go to Gooner games? Team family members, big boosters and athletic department types.

Of course, this was a holiday weekend per se, so anything's possible on either side... but something fishy's afoot methinks

EDIT: And ouhoops post just awhile ago...

Is it true that the popcorn was spilled over Travis fords wife?
    I was gonna guess Boone Pickens' latest wife/girlfriend. Whoa
    Last edited by badger; 1/20/2015 at 04:05 PM.

vCash

More details on this 'shocking' (sic) crime:

http://newsok.com/sources-fired-ou-m...rticle/5386305

In a prepared statement, OU did not identify the dismissed mascot or specify what happened. Several different students serve as the "Boomer" and "Sooner" costumed horse mascots throughout the year.

OU sources said the dismissed mascot was told multiple times not to return to the section where he was causing trouble.

The mascot blocked OSU fans' vision of the game, taunted them and spilled popcorn on a group of them that included Heather Ford, sources said.

BOOMER ......... SOONER!
    AGGIES ......... SUCK!
    THUNDER THE F&*K UP!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Honestly that would annoy the hell out of me if what nighttrain posted is true. I wouldn't tell the authorities on horse pig guy but I would make it very clear to him that his schtick was gettin old.