SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Apologies to cheeseheads

I had a bunch of errands to run today and couldn't watch the game. While I was out, GB built a 16-0 lead and when I checked in, Seattle ran that fake FG to make it 16-7. I left a again and when I came back it was 19-7 and GG had just intercepted the ball with 5min remaining. I had time to watch the end of the game and it was all Seattle.

I guess I should have run another errand and just checked the final GB winning score. My bad, cheeseheads.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: Apologies to cheeseheads

They kept showing the sideline shot of the guy who botched the onside kick for the Packers... I 'm thinking there is plenty of blame to go around in that loss. the guy who got the interception with 5 mins left and then took a knee instead of trying to move the ball further down the field... did he think there was 5 sec. left? the O only scoring 6 points in the second half and not at least taking time off the clock very effectively.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

....wow....epic choke job

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

vCash

Yeah, I think it was more than my apparent jinx that got them - there appeared to be some football gods involvement. After the last INT, Packers made no real attempt to make a first down to close out the game. They seemed content to run 3 plays and punt and hope the Seahawks couldn't score and recovery an on-side kick. That's when the football gods intervened with a big smite stick. The gods bounced that on-side kick off the Packer helmet, let the 2 pointer be good after GB had it completely defended and then polished the Pack off with the OT coin toss. You don't f*ck with the football gods.

As a packer fan, this is the toughest loss I have ever seen. I am glad I do not get as emotionally attached as I used to.

Mccarthy's blunders upon blunders cost them the game. I've said it for years, he is by far the most overrated coach in the league.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet View Post
    Boren has become a PC babbling idiot and a megalomaniac leader. All he wants is a place in history and memories like Cross. After what he did to The Pride, I will not support him or donate to the University until he leaves.

vCash

Watched a lot of football over the years but the last five minutes of the
    Pack and their plan is a mystery...the pick and taking a slide will remain
    the mystery of the pyramids for me and Bostick with his bobble of the
    onside...wow, we'll prolly never know...never have really liked Carroll after
    his stuff at USC...don't like to see Seattle be in the Big One...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

I am glad I am not a Packers fan. I would be vomiting beer cheese right now. There is nothing in sports worse than leading almost the whole game and then giving it away in the last few minutes, especially due to bad coaching or player decisions. See: Mr. Rekick.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

The Packers went into turtle mode and tried to run out the second half clock. Kicking field goals cost them the game, when you have multiple possessions inside the 5 including one at the 1 foot line and kick FG....that is just giving up.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash
    Rodgers threw the ST players/coaches under the bus with his comments after the game. With 4 INTs, you'd think he could've helped by putting up more points.

"The defense played great, picked them off four times," Rodgers said. "But you can't allow them to throw a touchdown on a fake field goal. You can't allow them to recover an onsides kick. This was a great opportunity. We were right on the cusp."
    OU fan since '88. Pissing off the Sunshine Pumpers since I've been on this site.
    Posted from iOS app

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Special teams did a majority of the scoring, if you count lonesome kicker. I admittedly have ragged endless on Mason Crosby pretty much every game for the past 5 seasons, but he had a career night yesterday. Aaron Wroggers Discount Double Check? Had to limp to run for a first down on the regulation final drive and he looked limpy gimpy all night, really.

So yes, this Packer fan is disappointed, but not sad. Really, was expecting Seattle to crush us a la what Pats did to Colts yesterday... not that I'm happy, but I will not be puking up my beer cheese, thank you very much

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Yeah, I think it was more than my apparent jinx that got them - there appeared to be some football gods involvement. After the last INT, Packers made no real attempt to make a first down to close out the game. They seemed content to run 3 plays and punt and hope the Seahawks couldn't score and recovery an on-side kick. That's when the football gods intervened with a big smite stick. The gods bounced that on-side kick off the Packer helmet, let the 2 pointer be good after GB had it completely defended and then polished the Pack off with the OT coin toss. You don't f*ck with the football gods.
    You see this happen a lot. Green Bay went really conservative running the ball to run clock and make Seattle use all of their timeouts. The problem was that Seattle knew that was coming and stuffed the run. It's kind of a no-win situation for the play caller. If you go conservative you're likely to have to punt unless you just have a dominating run game. If you pass and it's incomplete you just gave the opposition a timeout.

That two point conversion could have been a disaster. If Clinton-Dix could have gotten to that ball he would have taken it the other way for 2 points and a one point lead. Wilson certainly gambled on that throw.

Tough loss for Green Bay.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I can't stand seattle...hope Pat's kick their butt.

I couldn't believe the DB just stood there on the 2 point conversion....heck I could have defended that. lol
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    I can't stand seattle...hope Pat's kick their butt.

I couldn't believe the DB just stood there on the 2 point conversion....heck I could have defended that. lol
    That ball had a really high trajectory. I'm pretty sure Clinton-Dix gave up on the ball when he realized he couldn't get to it.

vCash

In hindsight, Ha Ha could have just pushed the receiver over; made them try the 2-point conversion again after the penalty and then hoped that the defense smothered Russell with pressure again.

But, hindsight is a 20-20 tie that gets sent into overtime where the Seahawks still score on us and win the game regardless of how good our kicker kicks in the rain.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    You see this happen a lot. Green Bay went really conservative running the ball to run clock and make Seattle use all of their timeouts. The problem was that Seattle knew that was coming and stuffed the run. It's kind of a no-win situation for the play caller. If you go conservative you're likely to have to punt unless you just have a dominating run game. If you pass and it's incomplete you just gave the opposition a timeout.

That two point conversion could have been a disaster. If Clinton-Dix could have gotten to that ball he would have taken it the other way for 2 points and a one point lead. Wilson certainly gambled on that throw.

Tough loss for Green Bay.
    It's not a no-win situation. A play caller can call bold plays that have a chance of moving the sticks and closing out the game. A play action pass in that situation on 1st or 2nd down is likely wide open if Rogers has time to throw it. Given he is an all-pro QB with a lightning quick release, I would have put the game on his arm. I'd call it a no-safe situation, not a no-win situation. I've seen many teams win by being bold in that context.

And the 2-pt try was a no-lose situation for Seattle. The defense cannot run it back for 2pts - that is only true in college, so just heaving it for grabs was the exact right thing to do. Had Dix defended it, the Crosby FG at the end would have won the game - however Seattle might have played the last series differently knowing a FG would beat them instead of tie them.

vCash

Agonizing!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

The TE who let the onside kick go through his hands failed to honor his assignment, he was there to block for Jordy Nelson right behind him who was in position to catch it but instead the guy he should have blocked was the one who caught the kick. Just a complete meltdown moment for Bostick.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    The TE who let the onside kick go through his hands failed to honor his assignment, he was there to block for Jordy Nelson right behind him who was in position to catch it but instead the guy he should have blocked was the one who caught the kick. Just a complete meltdown moment for Bostick.
    But there was justice - the ST coach yelled at him.

vCash

That TE is probably a shoo-in for the cutting board during the offseason. Hell, is he still with the team now? They probably moved his locker contents into a black trash bag sitting on the roadside curb and let him off the bus early... don't forget to turn in your playbook and keys to the facility. You won't be needing them anymore.

vCash

Hey, I deserve some of the jinx blame. It was 16-0 when I tuned in. GB was rolling, they were talking about the turnovers, then the kid turned it over again, I believe!

I thought, this is OVER.

Psh! What a choke... I can't even shoot down the conspiracy theorists without myself, scratching my head. Never have I seen a team just seemingly stop playing.

The last two scores, had guys in position to very easily make plays and just stood there, for the most part.