Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braxton Miller

Braxton Miller

Not sure if this is being talked about in other threads but figured it'd need its own thread anyway. What say you people about the chances of Braxton Miller coming here? Haven't seen much concrete evidence yet, but it would seem to possibly make sense for him.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Braxton Miller

I think the only UO or OU that has been listed for him is Oregon.

Administrator
    vCash

The last I heard was that he's staying at tOSU. Since he's probably going to declare after next year, I suspect he doesn't want to sit out a year. He'll either stay a Buckeye (with a possible position change), or he'll transfer to a lower division.

This is just my speculation, not based on anything official.

EDIT: Nevermind. I just learned that Miller has completed his undergrad degree and could be eligible immediately. This just got really interesting.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Most experts seem to believe that Miller will transfer ala Russell Wilson. I can see why with Barrett putting up better numbers than Miller did the year before. And then there is that Jones kid who really reminds me of Daunte Culpepper who was a stud at the NFL level until he blew his knee out. It's going to be hard to keep Jones off the field.

vCash

how do you win the national championship and not start the next year?

isn't that like the dream situation, to have a QB return the following season?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    how do you win the national championship and not start the next year?

isn't that like the dream situation, to have a QB return the following season?
    Not for J. T. Barrett who was putting up fantastic numbers before getting hurt. Seems like a great problem to have - no matter which QB gets on the field, he makes big plays and wins. But it really will be a problem during the offseason.

vCash

Jones is one more year and gone....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

He has been mentioned in conjunction with several programs that need a starting QB now including LSU, UCLA, sa*et and Florida State, with OU being a dark horse in that race.

He only has the one year but sometimes that is enough.

vCash

I don't see OU as an attractive place for Miller, with OU hiring a new OC and most likely, installing a new scheme.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I don't see OU as an attractive place for Miller, with OU hiring a new OC and most likely, installing a new scheme.
    If anything, unless he doesn't like the offense we're installing, I see that as an advantage. He's probably going to have to learn a new system either way, and at least this way the QB's already on campus don't have a head start.

I think it's a long shot, but at least he can be reasonably confident he'd be the best QB on campus at OU. I have a hunch that teams like Oregon have really good QB's in waiting that would at least be better options on day 1. Whatever happens, I hope he doesn't go to Texas.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    If anything, unless he doesn't like the offense we're installing, I see that as an advantage. He's probably going to have to learn a new system either way, and at least this way the QB's already on campus don't have a head start.

I think it's a long shot, but at least he can be reasonably confident he'd be the best QB on campus at OU. I have a hunch that teams like Oregon have really good QB's in waiting that would at least be better options on day 1. Whatever happens, I hope he doesn't go to Texas.
    Just saying what I would be thinking if I were a transfer. I would like to see an established offense and coaching staff with a bunch of good returning players sans QB. Beyond that, I would want a system I think I could excel at and, maybe most of all, a very high confidence that I would start. Without my crimson shades, the OU offense looks like an experiment led by a guy that is 31yo and *probably* based on a pocket passing QB. Not a perfect setup for Miller, IMO. But of course, I have no idea what other possibilities are out there outside of OU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, it never works to try and bring in a transfer QB along with a new staff.....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    Yeah, it never works to try and bring in a transfer QB along with a new staff.....
    Sarcasm? I'm not saying at all it wouldn't work. I was just giving the logic I would use if I were Miller - just message board opinion. Miller could well have a completely disjoint set of criteria in mind.

vCash

As some have pointed out: If anything he'd be better served coming to a team implementing a new scheme, putting him on the same boat as the QB's already here, as opposed to going somewhere where there would be QB's with multiple years in whatever scheme that team runs.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Maybe Cardale will get hurt before the season starts, Barrett will carry most of the load, and then Miller can win the CCG and both playoff games.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    As some have pointed out: If anything he'd be better served coming to a team implementing a new scheme, putting him on the same boat as the QB's already here, as opposed to going somewhere where there would be QB's with multiple years in whatever scheme that team runs.
    The use the Russell Wilson example, he went to a team that had been playing the same offense across multiple coaches. And Wisky had a long line of average at best "manager" QBs and Wilson knew there was no real competition for him. I don't know if there is a program like that for Miller, but it would make sense for him as he has only 1 year to prove himself for NFL purposes.

vCash

The use the Russell Wilson example, he went to a team that had been playing the same offense across multiple coaches. And Wisky had a long line of average at best "manager" QBs and Wilson knew there was no real competition for him. I don't know if there is a program like that for Miller, but it would make sense for him as he has only 1 year to prove himself for NFL purposes.
    Here there would be little competition for the job (maybe Baker Mayfield), and he wouldn't be behind the competition that is here knowledge of the scheme wise. ...and Russell Wilson is well...Russell Wilson.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Ultimately, it just matters what he thinks, and I don't think it would be unreasonable to make him believe that Riley is our Cumbie (except better), and that he's our Boykin (except better). Boykin's draft stock seems to be doing just fine, and I don't really see him as much of an NFL guy.

It's a long shot, but I don't see any reason why anybody other than possibly tOSU would have a better shot than anybody else...except maybe having Perrine and Shepard, and playing for a team that consistently puts QB's in the NFL and/or Heisman race.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    Ultimately, it just matters what he thinks, and I don't think it would be unreasonable to make him believe that Riley is our Cumbie (except better), and that he's our Boykin (except better). Boykin's draft stock seems to be doing just fine, and I don't really see him as much of an NFL guy.
    I think I said I'm just using my logic if it were me. Riley could be the next Cumbie or he could be a total flop coming in to OU with the current players and under Bob's influence. I don't think many people would have predicted TCU's turnaround on offense nor expect that to be repeated anytime soon. If I had just 1 year to improve my draft stock, I'd want more things to hang my hat on. For example, FSU might be an obvious place with Winston moving on and a fairly stable and proven coaching staff as far as I know. They have also reeled in top 5 level recruiting classes for several years in a row, so there will be a talent to support their new QB. Of course those top classes could mean stiff competition at QB too.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    ....yeah, it ruined Heupel's career

ss
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"