Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 deweydw's Avatar
    vCash

Heh, heh Ripkowski

A whorn friend of mine sent this little blurb to me. Way to go Ripper.

Former Texas running back Malcolm Brown and former Oklahoma fullback Aaron Ripkowski are both playing in the upcoming East-West Shrine Bowl and it seems that Brown shared his Longhorns helmet decal with his new roommate. Unsurprisingly, Ripkowski turned it upside down. Good for a laugh, apparently, but there are probably a few Texas fans out there who don't like seeing the logo used for this purpose.
    "Destiny dressed you this morning, my friend. And now fear is trying to pull off your pants." "If you give up, If you give in. Then you're going to end up naked, with fear just standing there laughing at your dang unmetionables." - The Tick

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Heh, heh Ripkowski

Click that link and read the comments...hahaha...a whole lotta butthurt

The Horns down in person irks me to no end, it’s basically like giving the finger to a Longhorn fan. However, I do try to remind myself that Texas is such a prominent and well-known program, that it is an easily identifiable symbol. And when they show people doing the Horns down on TV, no matter who’s doing it, the people viewing will ALWAYS recognize THE University of Texas first.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Kind of like 'Mack Brown, Dean of Coaches" a few years ago. Or their general effort to try and slide into the group photo of the country's finest schools. (Hint: Talk to someone from Harvard or Stanford and ask them whether UT 'belongs'. ) Or their pitiable need to turn everything into a competition that can be 'won' through being 'bigger'. ("Lookie there; that's MY turd. Biggest turd you've ever seen. EVERYTHING'S big in Texas!")
    It smacks of overcompensation for some deep seated inferiority complex.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Kind of strange how Brown went from 5 star RB out of high school to pro DE prospect. But didn't Mack have the same thing happen with Henry Melton? It's like both those guys got a bit fat when they got to Austin and started lounging around, but it worked out fine so more power to them.

vCash

I've never understood those who get butthurt over the upside down horn sign. In sports, if people don't like you then that means you're doing something right. The worst thing is for people to be ambivalent.

It's also fairly good-natured. Anyone who would take that personally has issues.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Kind of strange how Brown went from 5 star RB out of high school to pro DE prospect. But didn't Mack have the same thing happen with Henry Melton? It's like both those guys got a bit fat when they got to Austin and started lounging around, but it worked out fine so more power to them.
    The horns had 2 players named Malcolm Brown - one is a RB. Did the DE one start as an RB too?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

"it’s basically like giving the finger to a Longhorn fan." Very good. No $hit, that's exactly what it means. I'm glad you didn't misinterpret the intent. It's what rivals do.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    You're confusing Malcolm Brown with Malcolm Brown.

Seriously though, they have two.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Kind of strange how _____ went from 5 star _____ out of high school
    ...to undrafted after 3-4 years at Texas? Yeah, funny how that's been happening a lot lately, hehe

EDIT: More on the draft thing --- players are getting worse grading advice these days than before, as detailed in the article here, leading to a lot more underclassmen leaving early and getting undrafted:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...-for-nfl-draft

I know it's unrelated to this thread, since you have to be a senior to go to the Shrine game and all, just interesting. Draft grades are now three categories: First round, second round, and other. Coaches say "other" means "stay in school." Players think "other" means "third round."

vCash

I was at the mall, local to my mom a few weeks ago and one of the little kiosk had college team spatulas. Saw an OU one and thought, I should buy it... but then, eh... better things to spend money on. Then, as I was walking away, I noticed the 'horns.

Upside down that puppy went. Wonder how long and how PO'd some texas fan was, when he walked by... and if he noticed the OU logo, next to it?
    Last edited by SoCalBigRed; 1/18/2015 at 12:41 AM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Went into a beach store at Port Aransas one time and all the Texas koozies were on display upside down and pretty much anything else that could be displayed that way.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    You're confusing Malcolm Brown with Malcolm Brown.

Seriously though, they have two.
    Just goes to show you how drunk I am during football season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash