Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Oregon Whine Country

Quote Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    Dumbass, describes it perfecty. There were old mods here about 5 years ago threatening to permanently ban posters who mentioned the game. And we wonder why no one posts here anymore.
    Reality has become tough for those who esteem Stoops more than OU. Probably even more so now that he has stolen an offense coordinator from a C-USA school that never won a conference title while he was there. With every stupid move he makes, they double down.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by manateepower View Post
    Dumbass, describes it perfecty. There were old mods here about 5 years ago threatening to permanently ban posters who mentioned the game. And we wonder why no one posts here anymore.
    I think you need a chaser for all that haterade.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by winout View Post
    The local announcers whining about the Bucks adding that late TD. Nike U goes down again, still wearing their "Nattys" on their helmets.
    Here's the deal. At the time the game was a 15 point game (two scores) and Oregon had their timeouts. If OSU just downs the ball Oregon could use their timeouts. If the ball turns over they could score quickly and try an onside kick.

It's highly improbable but is within the realm of possibilities. Let's say OSU downs the ball and Oregon immediately calls a timeout. You could say that OSU could then say "screw you we're trying to score now" but they would have wasted a down.

My issue with the decision making is that OSU didn't kick a field goal on fourth down. A field goal would have put the lead at 18 (3 scores) which would have essentially ended the game. Going for it on fourth down actually gave Oregon a tiny chance.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

I didn't watch the game because I didn't GAS. But if they lost becuase of a bad call on a kick off fumble or a no call PI, then they can whine, otherwise the should STFU as they got their arse handed to them...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    And, that ancient 4-3 defense Urban Meyer runs...who does he think he's fooling?

I admit that Oregon's 3-3 front looked as cute as any 3-3 can look while being trampled under foot.

Maybe Urban will wake up to the new college football trends someday. Loser.
    Comment all you want about scheme, but the truth is that tOSU had more talent than UO at most positions and could have traded schemes and still won the game. I saw only 2 guys on the Oregon defense (#4 and #44) that looked like they could start for tOSU. They didn't have a RB that came close to the tOSU stud and all WRs were backups already. I'm not saying I want OU to copy what they do, but UO does a nice job of optimizing with the talent they have.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Anyone here have a problem with Baylor scoring on us repeatedly last fall, other than the fact that we lost by waaaay more than we ever should at home?

No? Good, then we don't have a loser mentality. Let's keep it that way, and remember that we've scored 50, 60, 70 on many opponents in the past and if we don't like it happening to us, we better get better defense.

In-game context, oregano had multiple timeouts left and the running part was probably to see if UO was going to try to prolong the misery or not, so I don't have a problem with that, either. They were running clock along with running ball.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I saw some nice individual efforts in a so-so game.

Ohio State was clearly the best team at the end of the season. I was very impressed their 3rd string QB played with such poise during the playoffs.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

It does beg the question for a fan, a day after another NC champ game loss which jersey do you wear? The black one for mourning, the white one for surrender or the pink to cheer yourself up?

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

pink to cheer yourself up?
    They lost to zona 31-24 wearing those. No cheer in remembering that. Sad quacks

What does a sad quack sound like?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ouduckhunter's Avatar
    North Carolina via Oreygon, Texas, and the great state of Oklahoma
    vCash

The local announcers whining about the Bucks adding that late TD. Nike U goes down again, still wearing their "Nattys" on their helmets.
    Don't forget how often the Ducks go for 2 after a td. They do it regularly from their first td in the opening seconds of the game, and through out the game even when they are clearly winning. Quacks do this against the sacrificial lamb brought in for a home opener, and against everybody else they play. To me, the last score by tOSU, was karma.

Also, as several have noted, the score was tight until late in the game. The Ducks can score in seconds, and they capable of anything. Urban was smart to was protect his lead.
    From the home of Seymour Johnson Air Force Base...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBigRed View Post
    Mind-boggling really.

They take such pride in those unis and get so defensive about them... then they leave them at home to show up looking like wannabe Raiders?
    Since they are run by a track guy with a shoe company they get confused about what they are playing for so they wore the white/silver uniforms so they were ready to accept the silver medal....