Thread: bball recruits

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

bball recruits

I know it's WAY to early...but looking good for a few years. Course anything can change. *updated

6'4 SG James
    7'0 C Manyang (juco)
    6'5 SG Odomes
    6'4 SG Hield Sr
    6'4 SG Cousins Sr
    6'0 PG Woodard Jr
    6'1 SG Walker Sr
    6'4 SG Booker Jr
    6'7 SF Buford RSFR
    6'8 F Spangler Sr
    6'9 F Lattin So
    6'10 C McNease RSFR

Possible front line of 6'10, 6'9, 7'0....wow.

Lose the BIG 3, Cousins, Hield, Spangler

Committed

6'6 SF Doolittle 3* (Edmond Okla)
    6'9 PF Freeman 4* (New Zealand)
    6'5 SG McGusty 4* (Tx)

Plus

6'0 PG Woodard Sr
    6'4 SG James So
    6'5 SG Odemes
    6'7 SF Buford RSSo
    6'9 F Lattin Jr
    6'10 C McNease RSso
    7'0 C Manyang Sr
    Last edited by Soonerjeepman; 8/14/2015 at 03:45 PM.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Re: bball recruits

We may never win the national championship or even the Big 12 (stupid jayjays), but I still love this MBB team we have going on under Lon. I love that we can embarrass Texas here or there on an annual basis. I love that we are better than OSU and I love that we are postseason regulars once again.

I hope I never lose sight of that, get impatient and demand more after Lon gets us a Final Four or Elite Eight or something, because I think that was Kelvin's downfall a decade ago --- you won us Big 12 tourneys and get us to the Big Dance and Final Four, but I want morrrrrrrrrreeeee whinewhinewhine*

*That was me, not you all. If it was you all, I'm not faulting you, I'm just faulting me

vCash

I agree, Would it be great to get there (NC game) yup. But kind of like the Royals this year....I'd bet 80 to 90% of Royals fans came away fairly satisfied with the outcome. Of course we wanted to win it....but seeing where the organization has been in the past...

I see OU basketball as top 30, with more times in top 20 than not. Once in awhile top 10, even rarer, top 5. Sounds like a cop-out but I guess I know OU isn't a basketball school and once in awhile a school will be GREAT (top 2-3) in both but it doesn't last long.

I believe OU was the first to play for the NC championship in both mens' bball and football in the same year...unfortunately we lost both but it was great to be there.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but Pritchard has de-committed.
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but Pritchard has de-committed.
    If we don't get him back, I'm going to be devastated. He's supposed to be the foundation of our rebuild. I don't think I could handle a Scottie Reynolds 2.0.

vCash

Dang....that isn't good. Plus Booker leaving ( not related but depth from op)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    Dang....that isn't good. Plus Booker leaving ( not related but depth from op)
    I thought Booker leaving was good for us, as it opened up another spot. If we don't grab Pritchard or McGusty, though, we might not have much need for another scholarship. We've got plenty right now.

vCash

yeah, I didn't have Booker leaving. No ill will his way..but I don't think it's a big loss.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

I am generally happy if we are just competitive, make a run at the Big12, and Sweet16. Anything more than that is gravy for us and awesome.

I've not bee this excited about our hoops team since Blake's final year. We are good enough to challenge KU and can go past the sweet16.
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

vCash

picked up a 3/4 star 6'8-9 PF from New Zealand...

guess at this point we are #8 nationally with several 5 star guys looking at OU.

Oklahoma picked up a commitment from 6-foot-9 power forward Matthew Freeman of Auckland, New Zealand on Thursday. Freeman was also drawing interest from Arizona State, Butler, Dayton, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Vanderbilt and Wake Forest among others.

Sooners coaches saw Freeman play recently at the Adidas Summer Championship in Las Vegas.

Freeman is the third 2016 commit for the Sooners, joining Edmond Memorial forward Kristian Doolittle and Kameron McGusty, a guard from Texas.

Kruger doing work! Sooners going to be loaded and set to be a mainstay in the top 10 for years to come.

vCash

I hope, he is in on some other top 20 talent as well.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner95's Avatar
    vCash

Good stuff, thanks for the updates!
    ========================================
    Bleeding Sooner Red on the East Coast since 2000.

vCash

Kruger in on duo from Louisiana

While Oklahoma's class of 2016 already has three players, they are the most prestigious basketball school left on their list. The Sooners future looks bright with Lon Kruger, so why wouldn't the dynamic duo from New Orleans want to be apart of it?

Also, the Oklahoma roster does have a lot of upperclassmen this season (eight total) so acquiring five recruits for this next class doesn't seem to be out of the question.

Gresham is ranked 206th in the nation and Jarreau is ranked 61st according to 247 Sports.

http://www.crimsonandcreammachine.co...ve-ou-in-top-7

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Very good news. Recruiting has not been fun to follow for many years in Sooner hoops but now its getting fun again.

I remember getting pretty fired up reading about these incoming Jucos...
    Mookie Blalock
    Tyrone Jones
    Andre Wiley
    Mike Bell
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

vCash

Ah yes....waz it Bell was nicknamed the helicopter?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

Yes.

Andre Wiley - The Creator
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Pritchard to Oregon. Bye and good luck. We'll be fine.

vCash

My son, who plays baseball at coffeyville cc in Ks just texted me and said the PG committed to OU. Said he had visits, to ku, mu, nu, and some other D1's.

Darrion Strong, 21.3 PPg and 2.2 assists

Men's basketball NJCAA All-American teams were released on March 31 and Coffeyville Red Raven freshman guard Darrion Strong was named to the third team.

Strong was second in scoring in the Jayhawk Conference this past season, averaging 21.3 points per game. Strong hit 42% of his three-point attempts, making 108 out of 257. He shot 47% overall from the field, making 222-of-471 shot attempts. From the free throw line, Strong connected of 83% of his attempts, 130 out of 156.

Strong was earlier named Jayhawk East Most Valuable Player and Freshman of the Year. He was also named first team All-Conference and first team All-Region VI.
    Last edited by Soonerjeepman; 9/15/2015 at 09:34 AM.