Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Happy CFB New Year 2015!

Tosu has their first nc since '02. Before that was 1970. Our last two are '85 and "00. Tosu<OU.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

If perspective helps, Oregon is still chasing its first.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

tOSU could have knelt down instead of scoring that last TD as UO was not calling TOs. Not that it matters, but could have added a bit of class and saved players the risk of a silly injury.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash
    Well urban is known for being a classy guy
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Yes, yes they could have . . . but I noticed that Mariota was throwing the ball downfield at the end . . .

vCash

That thought crossed my mind, but it doesn't really matter in the end. Oregon would have continued to run their offense if the shoe had been on the other foot.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

TCU would have given them a better game.

Someone had to say it (maybe they did... just popped in).

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash
    It could have been 58 to 20 if it weren't for turnovers. Even though they made it close there for a bit, the game never really felt close. After that first up drive, they looked discombobulated.

Heisman curse is back!
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

That's a wrap on 2014 - welcome 2015 and hopefully a better script for the Sooners. Change was needed and there will be change, so here's routing for it will be the right change. If I got anything out of the CFP and the whole bowl season is that I really want to see my Sooners compete. I saw so many teams that showed resilience even in desperate situations and hopelessly outmanned, but never giving up and doing the things they were capable of doing. I saw very few other teams as unprepared as our guys the last 1/3 of the season and into the bowl game and there is no reason for that. I hope 2015 sees the fight back in the OU dog.

vCash

BTW, this tOSU team is not good news for OU and the big12. Until Meyer got to tOSU, the big10 had lost a bunch of respect and would always be considered a weaker conference. With 4 CFP slots and 5 conferences, this puts the big10 ahead of the big12 in terms of perception before the season kicksoff. And the big12 is already hurting due to logistics as was so painfully demonstrated this season. Our best hope is that FSU drops off and the ACC takes over that weak conference moniker. Of course, OU needs to rise back up to elite status for that to even matter.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ouduckhunter's Avatar
    North Carolina via Oreygon, Texas, and the great state of Oklahoma
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    That thought crossed my mind, but it doesn't really matter in the end. Oregon would have continued to run their offense if the shoe had been on the other foot.
    Got that right! And they would have gone for the 2 point conversion to really rub it in.
    From the home of Seymour Johnson Air Force Base...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    BTW, this tOSU team is not good news for OU and the big12. Until Meyer got to tOSU, the big10 had lost a bunch of respect and would always be considered a weaker conference. With 4 CFP slots and 5 conferences, this puts the big10 ahead of the big12 in terms of perception before the season kicksoff. And the big12 is already hurting due to logistics as was so painfully demonstrated this season. Our best hope is that FSU drops off and the ACC takes over that weak conference moniker. Of course, OU needs to rise back up to elite status for that to even matter.
    That was my thought as soon as we found out that the XII was left out of the playoff. It has been nice that the big 10 has been so down the past few years b/c before their slump, they were the ones receiving the SEC treatment over on ESPN. Though I don't think it quite went to the extent that the SEC received. But next season, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they start ramming that back down our throats.

That said, the XII being considered irrelevant is less likely to hurt OU as it is the TCUs and Baylors of the conference, TCU's recent improved perception notwithstanding. Though not impossible if the rest of the field is tight and if perceptions of the XII continue to decline, I don't see even a 1-loss OU being passed over by any playoff committee provided we're up against other 1-loss teams and not undefeated ones.