Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: Fire Lincoln Riley!!!

..... Smoke sliffs and live the life of Riley
    Stay high and be so damn smiley

ss
    Last edited by Therealsouthsider; 1/16/2015 at 10:34 PM.
    "You can trouble me for a warm glass of shut-the-hell-up"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthFortySooner's Avatar
    vCash

I can predict without reservation that if he calls a run play he should have passed or if he calls a pass play we should have ran. Cause. I know stuff.
    " Ok children put your hands on your heart... and face Norman."

Sooner Starter
    vCash

...OMG!... LosuR...LR...osu...LR...Lincoln Riley...LR........what does it all mean???

ss

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Bump
    Quote Originally Posted by XingTheRubicon View Post
    Betting on OSU to embrace prosperity is like waiting at a liquor store to meet a hooker that's returning your watch.

vCash

Maybe we can find a wiz kid OC that has put up big numbers in an Asian football league.
    Betting on OSU to embrace prosperity is like waiting at a liquor store to meet a hooker that's returning your watch.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TrophyCollector View Post
    Maybe we can find a wiz kid OC that has put up big numbers in an Asian football league.
    ....no need to bring race into this, although the sideline play cards would be tough for opponents to decipher

ss

vCash

Bump #2 of the season. Reminding us all that this offense is know for...

1) putting up Xbox numbers against weak teams
    2) complete futility in the red zone
    3) inability to control the clock

Maybe he'll get a head coaching gig next year and we can bring in Mangino to add a running game to it.
    Last edited by TrophyCollector; 10/10/2015 at 08:43 PM.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

We scored 2 touchdowns in the redzone, and kicked one field goal because the we couldn't complete open slant routes and didn't throw to a wide open back in the flat. Didn't seem to be completely futile in the redzone against Tennessee.

I don't think ball control was the issue today, given that we were behind the whole game and that our defense couldn't stop Texas from running a glorified Wildcat offense all down our throats game.

Our problems on offense are not scheme. We are not executing basic plays.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by graphster View Post
    We scored 2 touchdowns in the redzone, and kicked one field goal because the we couldn't complete open slant routes and didn't throw to a wide open back in the flat. Didn't seem to be completely futile in the redzone against Tennessee.

I don't think ball control was the issue today, given that we were behind the whole game and that our defense couldn't stop Texas from running a glorified Wildcat offense all down our throats game.

Last yr we list Baker 6'2". This year he's 6'1" but he's 2-3" shorter than Trevor? The reality is the incredible shrinking Baker is 5'10 and he can't see the field from the pocket. Most of our passing this year has come from designed roll outs or from Baker being flushed. Texas contained him in the pocket today which resulted in hm holding the ball way to long. They just showed the rest of the Big 12 how to play us.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Mayfield is a great competitor and makes a lot of plays when things break down, but he is not consistent from the pocket. Not that any of the guys we have on campus would do a better job.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by graphster View Post

I was speaking of the Leach scheme in general. Maybe you weren't around in 99 or have caught a Wazzu gam in some time. My expectations are a bit higher than 24 points on Tennessee or playing a close game with Texas.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TrophyCollector View Post
    I was speaking of the Leach scheme in general. Maybe you weren't around in 99 or have caught a Wazzu gam in some time. My expectations are a bit higher than 24 points on Tennessee or playing a close game with Texas.
    This offense isn't anything close to what Leach ran.

I agree that the offense is not playing well. I don't think it would make a whole lot of difference what plays you call when you can't block anybody and when your QB and WRs are as inconsistent as ours have been all year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okie35's Avatar
    vCash

Perine 10 carries 36 yards... I ephasize on only TEN CARRIES! We have to do better. I'm serious about the zone read we ran with a direct snap to mixon and Perine in the backfield... What happened to it after Tennessee?
    "If you're going to be at Oklahoma, you need to win, you need to contribute, you need to do all the little things to make this team succeed.'" T-Lew