Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New O coord

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OU Adonis's Avatar
    vCash

Re: New O coord

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Middle age is when high school chicks stop checking you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo
    Ones that big disgust me.
    http://www.myspace.com/ou_adonis

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Good job to all the Dean haterz in this thread, you done good.

Pumped about this hire. Just as interested to see who is brought in as the other CO-OC and WR's coach. Cumbie???
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

Quote Originally Posted by OU Adonis View Post
    Very telling stat in my opinion. Why we would want to pass the majority of the time is beyond me... especially with all our runningbacks.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Pumped about this hire. Just as interested to see who is brought in as the other CO-OC and WR's coach. Cumbie???
    Nope...not Cumbie

The Football Brainiacs~UPDATE (12:47 pm): Our guy Brandon (@TheDrakeTFB) has spoken to his source close to Sonnie Cumbie and has been told that if the Lincoln Riley news is true, then Cumbie is not interested in a move for a co-OC position as a non-playcaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

watched ECU vs V Tech offensive highlights from 2013 on You tube. Unimpressed. No meerkat, but I did see some swing passes and pistol. Lots of pro back sets and empty backfield. No TE use. not much vertical. Just one game but...didn't look very dynamic. Looked kinda like a big ten team decided to pass a lot.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner91ATL View Post
    watched ECU vs V Tech offensive highlights from 2013 on You tube. Unimpressed. No meerkat, but I did see some swing passes and pistol. Lots of pro back sets and empty backfield. No TE use. not much vertical. Just one game but...didn't look very dynamic. Looked kinda like a big ten team decided to pass a lot.
    ECU broke a ton of offensive records with Riley, so I'm not sure the Big 10 offense is an apt comparison TBH.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

vCash

Very interesting. Anyone know what our run/pass ratio was in '08? Had a 4,000 yard passer and two 1,000 yard rushers.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    If this turns out to be true, I really like the hire.

The fact that he has no previous connection to Bob is a bonus in my view, as he will truly bring in a new perspective. He's on the younger side, which is always good for player connection, and he's proven (maybe not decades, but he has more experience than JH had).
    AMEN brother!
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

On the face of it, this hire doesn't make a lot of sense. We just spent Heupel's tenure trying to toughen up our OL and introduce more balance to the offense. Josh may have been a boneheaded playcaller, but we did do just that. And now we want to go back the spread?

vCash

Very interesting. Anyone know what our run/pass ratio was in '08? Had a 4,000 yard passer and two 1,000 yard rushers.
    589 Rushes / 517 Passes

53.25% rush / 46.75% Pass

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...sing/year/2008

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Never too early to start the cynicism.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Never too early to start the cynicism.
    Truth

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Truth
    I might as well go ahead and start this......Fire Lincoln Riley. He's been on the job over an hour and I'm not impressed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    I might as well go ahead and start this......Fire Lincoln Riley. He's been on the job over an hour and I'm not impressed.
    You can be a cynic, but it *is* too early to call for his job. You can't do that until we get the details of his contract. Then you can ask "what are we get for our $XXX from this guy? Fire LR!". Protocol, man.

vCash

You can be a cynic, but it *is* too early to call for his job. You can't do that until we get the details of his contract. Then you can ask "what are we get for our $XXX from this guy? Fire LR!". Protocol, man.
    I am not saying we won't win some games with him. I just don't think we will ever win a NC throwing the ball 60% of the time. We have a better chance winning a NC with the triple option.

vCash

I am not saying we won't win some games with him. I just don't think we will ever win a NC throwing the ball 60% of the time. We have a better chance winning a NC with the triple option.
    Could be, but it's way too early to know what he will run here. Young guys tend to be more open minded than older guys and from what I've read, he has morphed his scheme to fit the players available during his stint at ECU. Hard to argue with that, IMO. What will be most interesting for me to watch in year one will be the development of existing players. Will we see guys that were considered under achievers step up to their recruiting hype? Could go the other way as well. I think that will be more telling of his long term success than the short term Xs and Os.

vCash

Could be, but it's way too early to know what he will run here. Young guys tend to be more open minded than older guys and from what I've read, he has morphed his scheme to fit the players available during his stint at ECU. Hard to argue with that, IMO. What will be most interesting for me to watch in year one will be the development of existing players. Will we see guys that were considered under achievers step up to their recruiting hype? Could go the other way as well. I think that will be more telling of his long term success than the short term Xs and Os.
    This is Bobs last gasp. If we have a couple more 8-5 or 9-4 seasons in the next 3-4 years then he will be gone. Better hope your right for Bobby's sake.

ECU broke a ton of offensive records with Riley, so I'm not sure the Big 10 offense is an apt comparison TBH.
    were they school records, conference records, NCAA records, what?

i guess it looked like a plain vanilla air raid, for lack of a better term.

vCash

This is Bobs last gasp. If we have a couple more 8-5 or 9-4 seasons in the next 3-4 years then he will be gone. Better hope your right for Bobby's sake.
    As it should be. 3-4 years is a long time in CFB. But one year for a new OC is not a lot of time to make a call unless the results are extreme (positive or negative). Also need to see how his first year of recruiting turns out and I'm not counting the last couple weeks of this year, although he could try to help keep the commits on board.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Yeah, but he's already gotten a few commitments in line...lol
    Boomer