Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New O coord

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: New O coord

I don't know how Stoops can still deal with him on the coach's show, knowing all the stupid crap he puts in Stoops' mouth with these rumors. Sure miss Steve Neumann.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Dude, it's very clear deans not an insider at all if he's putting this bs about bs out there. Dean is acting like he's got a tmz crew digging through stoops toilets n trash for info. It's been kept under wraps sooo long now that people are gun jumpin...BOOOOMER!

If true, wonder what that says to OU's fine stable of running backs-Perine, Ross, Ford, and the recruiting of Texas (Katy) HS star Rodney Anderson? Might they opt for another venue that emphasizes the running game more?

Support Landry Jones! CK Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Ehhh

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner70 View Post
    If true, wonder what that says to OU's fine stable of running backs-Perine, Ross, Ford, and the recruiting of Texas (Katy) HS star Rodney Anderson? Might they opt for another venue that emphasizes the running game more?
    It's entirely possible to rush for 2,000 yards as a team in the air raid offense with individuals running for over 1,000, and that's about what Riley was getting at ECU. That's similar to our numbers from 2009-2012, as well as several other years. I think we'd get good RB's, but perhaps not as many pro prospects, and we'd probably scare away any RB's that have bad hands.

vCash

http://thefootballbrainiacs.com/coaching-search-notes

– I’ve been checking with some sources, and we have not been able to confirm Blevins’ report.

– I have confirmed that OU has interviewed Lincoln Riley.

– I have confirmed that OU is definitely interested in Riley. I was told that “they like him…other than that there is nothing that is 100%.”

– I have also been told that if an offer is made, it will be made as a co-offensive coordinator and that OU would want to pair Riley with someone more of a high profile name.

– A source also told me that he didn’t think the offer would be as a play caller, but that may have just been the source’s opinion and not necessarily a certainty.
    It would be interesting if we brought him on as co-offensive coordinator along with a more experienced guy. I think a lot of the intrigue with Riley would come from him calling the plays, so it would be weird not to have him involved, and I don't think he would be interested, either. Perhaps he's a great QB developer?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

The only non-pass oriented OC that has been mentioned is Frost, and even that offense is more pass oriented than some other forms of spread option (i.e. Auburn or Ohio State). Seems clear that we are moving in the direction of an up-tempo spread offense that emphasizes the passing game. If we do, I just hope that Bob is willing to commit to it completely. Otherwise we're going to end up running some bastardized version of a spread offense that wants to also be pro-style and incorporate a power run game, which is where we've been off and on since Mangino left.

I like Riley better than Cumbie or Spavital, if we're talking about an offensive playcaller. He has a lot of experience already running an offense. Not sure how he compares to some of the other candidates as a recruiter, or what would happen with the WRs. Riley coached WRs at Tech, so it's possible he could do that and then they bring in one of these other guys to coach the QBs.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    If this turns out to be true, I really like the hire.

The fact that he has no previous connection to Bob is a bonus in my view, as he will truly bring in a new perspective. He's on the younger side, which is always good for player connection, and he's proven (maybe not decades, but he has more experience than JH had).
    Dont you think working for Mike Leach is a connection to bob......???
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Breadburner View Post
    Dont you think working for Mike Leach is a connection to bob......???
    Yep, working for a guy that worked for Bob for 1 year 16 years ago is practically like being brothers.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

“The last two years, we’ve recruited well and gotten the depth where we want it,” Riley said. “We just try hard to fit it to our personnel. As an offensive staff, we don’t have an ego on this deal. We don’t say we have to run it this many times or throw it this many times. We just want to score points and do what we can to help win.”...Lincoln Riley
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

vCash

I'm absolutely astounded that Stoops wants to move to an Air Raid style offense. It's antiquated and every team in the Big XII has seen so much of it that there isn't a DC in the league that doesn't know how to deal with it. This isn't the mid 2000s anymore.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'm absolutely astounded that Stoops wants to move to an Air Raid style offense.
    I don't believe he has. Riley tutored under Leach, but he's modified the offense and put in his own wrinkles & style. And yes that means a run game. You should not concern yourself with it...

Sooner Starter
    vCash

“From Day 1, the one thing I talked to Lincoln about was putting his own flavor on this offense,” said McNeill, noting that he uses his background as a defensive coach to help out Riley in meeting rooms. “Lincoln does a great job of being innovative, but at the same time, one of our overall rules is keeping it simple. But we still have the ability to spread the football, and the offense is still the same as far as distribution and all five guys touching the football.”

If there was a peak year of the McNeill and Riley era, it was last season. Everything came together for ECU’s offensive staff, which helped amass the most yards of its tenure (6,086) and best average per play (5.9) on the way to the second 10-win season in program history.

In perhaps the most effective display of offensive balance, ECU was the only FBS program to have a 4,000-yard passer (Shane Carden), a 1,000-yard receiver (Justin Hardy) and a 1,000-yard rusher (Vintavious Cooper

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OU Adonis's Avatar
    vCash

ECU ranked 61 in the country in the rush.This offense is Texas Tech with only slightly more rushing. It will never win a NC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Middle age is when high school chicks stop checking you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo
    Ones that big disgust me.
    http://www.myspace.com/ou_adonis

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Would that be a 64 to 36% chance...
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU Adonis View Post
    ECU ranked 61 in the country in the rush.This offense is Texas Tech with only slightly more rushing. It will never win a NC.
    I'd be happy if we could just win the conference again. sigh.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Whet's Avatar
    vCash

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...-east-carolina

Oklahoma hires East Carolina's Lincoln Riley as offensive coordinator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Deals done. Let's try out this hot rod Lincoln. He doesn't have man boobs, I'm good with it.
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OU Adonis's Avatar
    vCash

Well Looks like we settled on just winning the conference. Very disappointed.I will just leave this here. List of last 10 NC'sYear Team Rush Att Pass Att Run Ratio Pass Ratio2013 FSU 505 442 53.33% 46.67%2012 Alabama 570 328 63.47% 36.53%2011 Alabama 508 357 58.73% 41.27%2010 Auburn 652 296 68.78% 31.22%2009 Alabama 601 346 63.46% 36.54%2008 Florida 545 329 62.36% 37.64%2007 LSU 612 442 58.06% 41.94%2006 Florida 476 399 54.40% 45.60%2005 Texas 605 336 64.29% 35.71%2004 USC 493 429 53.47% 46.53% 10 Year Average 60.04% 39.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley1
    Middle age is when high school chicks stop checking you out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo
    Ones that big disgust me.
    http://www.myspace.com/ou_adonis

vCash

Is SI more reliable than Dean as a source? Or are they just parroting Dean?

Assuming this is true, looks like a good hire to me. Young, upcoming guy with early success who has to view OU as a fantastic opportunity. We'll find out real soon whether we have a real talent problem at QB or if it was just inadequate coaching.