Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

Most intercepted college quarterbacks of 2014

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Most intercepted college quarterbacks of 2014

Won't stop him from being in the top 5 of the draft come April - or did you mean Burrell?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Won't stop him from being in the top 5 of the draft come April - or did you mean Burrell?
    You think Matt Linehan is going top 5 in the draft?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    You think Matt Linehan is going top 5 in the draft?
    No, he'll slip to late 1st round, but Blake Decker for sure will be top 5.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

No JW

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, and he ain't hardly raped nobody in over two years, so he's gold in the eyes of NFL scouts.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lexsooner View Post
    Yeah, and he ain't hardly raped nobody in over two years, so he's gold in the eyes of NFL scouts.
    Pretty much - not something they test at the combine. I do think he'll make a run at the record on the Wunderlich test - they score it like golf, right?

vCash

Does VY hold the record for the lowest Wonderlic ever recorded at an NFL combine? There are some smart jocks like Dusty Dvorcek and Teddy Lehman who scored very high, but when you look at some other scores you have to wonder how these guys got through life - passed through high school and college because they played foobow.

vCash

Pretty much - not something they test at the combine. I do think he'll make a run at the record on the Wunderlich test - they score it like golf, right?
    As much as I love football, I do find certain aspects disgusting, like the coddling of star players and lack of accountability for conduct which would get most of us fired from our jobs. There's a multiple rapist who is currently a Super Bowl hero and thriving in Pittsburgh. It's outrageous the slob is so accepted by his fan base.

vCash

Does VY hold the record for the lowest Wonderlic ever recorded at an NFL combine? There are some smart jocks like Dusty Dvorcek and Teddy Lehman who scored very high, but when you look at some other scores you have to wonder how these guys got through life - passed through high school and college because they played foobow.
    According to a Bleacher Report article from a couple of years ago, Morris Claiborne from LSU holds that honor with a Wonderlich score of 4. VY wasn't listed in the bottom 5.

Pat McInally, punter from Harvard scored a perfect 50. The highest position player was Mike Mamula, line backer from Boston College scored a 49.

As I recall, Sam Bradford scored a 36 and that's a pretty high score among football players. Would be interesting to know which OU player has the highest score.

vCash

This test is obviously rigged, because Richard Sherman came out as average.

vCash

Sherman (24), who is a Stanford grad, outscored Tim Tebow by a couple of points, which is not exactly shocking. Tebow's 22 is below average among qb prospects. I anxiously await Crab's Wonderlic test results in the upcoming combines. I am guessing he will end up in the VY range of 6 and 14 on retest, or the 5 scored by Pig Prather of Mississippi State some years ago.

vCash

Sherman (24), who is a Stanford grad, outscored Tim Tebow by a couple of points, which is not exactly shocking. Tebow's 22 is below average among qb prospects. I anxiously await Crab's Wonderlic test results in the upcoming combines. I am guessing he will end up in the VY range of 6 and 14 on retest, or the 5 scored by Pig Prather of Mississippi State some years ago.
    I was kidding. I questioned if Sherman was much, if any, above average last year, and people jumped all over me. Some even went as far as to call me a racist.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 cccasooner2's Avatar
    vCash

I think the Wonderlich scores are no longer revealed. Anyone know for sure?
    Mike Stoops: "F*ck me. " - Quoted during the FAMU game following the 1st quarter timeout for 12 men on field.

vCash

I don't think the NFL releases them, but the media through their inside sources manages to find out and release "unofficial scores." One site indicates the scores listed represent the highest after multiple attempts, if you can believe that.

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Completiion percentage, interceptions, QB Rating..meaningless to the NFL.
    Bazinga

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    Completiion percentage, interceptions, QB Rating..meaningless to the NFL.
    What stats do they look at?

vCash

What stats do they look at?
    STEP can give his trained response, but I'll give my untrained one since I'm online. Winston can sit in the pocket and make any throw and he is very accurate. He also shows very good pocket presence and can escape when needed and is hard to bring down when grabbed. This is all at the college level or course, but it's exactly what most NFL teams are looking for. I would guess he'll excel at all the accuracy drills at the combine.

vCash

STEP can give his trained response, but I'll give my untrained one since I'm online. Winston can sit in the pocket and make any throw and he is very accurate. He also shows very good pocket presence and can escape when needed and is hard to bring down when grabbed. This is all at the college level or course, but it's exactly what most NFL teams are looking for. I would guess he'll excel at all the accuracy drills at the combine.
    I understand that those things are vital. He said completion percentage, interceptions, and QB ratings are meaningless. I didn't know if that was a brief way of saying that college statistics mean nothing, or that other statistics (such as passing yards, running yards, TD's, etc.) are more meaningful.

vCash

I understand that those things are vital. He said completion percentage, interceptions, and QB ratings are meaningless. I didn't know if that was a brief way of saying that college statistics mean nothing, or that other statistics (such as passing yards, running yards, TD's, etc.) are more meaningful.
    The only stat I've seen most experts repeat as important is number of starts with most teams wanting to see 30. Winston didn't quite hit 30, but his team went 27-1 in his starts with 4 being on the big stage (CCG,BCS,CFP).