Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FSU, An Update

Re: FSU, An Update

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    It's appropriate to hold to the 'innocent until proven guilty' stance....for a while. And, in Shannon's case, when the alleged victim wants the process stopped and takes positive steps to see it stopped, and the DA refuses to bring charges, it seems the appropriate stance to maintain.
    L'Affair Winston, however, is a different kettle of fish. Go read the NYT article and you may rethink your position. I started off with precisely the opinion you hold now.
    I changed my mind.
    One article from NYtimes is not going to change my opinion formed from multiple sources and looking at the accucer's social networks that are posted on places on the internet despite her taking them down. Unless the article you speak of contains absolute proof of trauma to the girl and/or drugs in her system or a high BAC level, then it proves nothing. Does the article give absolute proof that the rape kit wasn't performed? There is no way to know either way, whether the investigation was mishandeled or not (it obviously was). I still hold my stance though, and honestly neither of our points of view on winston's guilt or innocence can be proven. I can still give you her name if you'd like... It could be fake though like I said I haven't researched all this in a while.

I'll still read the nytimes article when I get a chance though... Unless it's not recent, then i've already read it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

As you please. For me, too many coincidences. Too many, 'Aw Shoot, I erased that film only a day before the cops asked for it" (some months after the complaint and a day or two after the cops were forced to begin the investigation they were obligated to do months earlier). Over and over and over again. At some point I stopped believing that the coin was going to land on 'heads' for the 9 millionth time in a row out of sheer chance.

And at that point, I stopped seeing a young man caught up in the glare of big time college football and started to see a sonovabitch smiling at us all in the full knowledge that not a damn thing was going to happen to him. Because he knew damn well that the fix was in.

But, hey, if you still see his momma's little boy, you go right ahead.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

As you please. For me, too many coincidences. Too many, 'Aw Shoot, I erased that film only a day before the cops asked for it" (some months after the complaint and a day or two after the cops were forced to begin the investigation they were obligated to do months earlier). Over and over and over again. At some point I stopped believing that the coin was going to land on 'heads' for the 9 millionth time in a row out of sheer chance.

And at that point, I stopped seeing a young man caught up in the glare of big time college football and started to see a sonovabitch smiling at us all in the full knowledge that not a damn thing was going to happen to him. Because he knew damn well that the fix was in.

But, hey, if you still see his momma's little boy, you go right ahead.
    Never said I saw him like that. I see the girl for who she was and her character too though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Best case scenario, Winston is a slut.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerForLife92 View Post
    Never said I saw him like that. I see the girl for who she was and her character too though.
    Fair enough. Also fair to point out that even hookers get raped...and the cops rarely investigate their claims, either. Doesn't make it not rape, though.

Fair enough. Also fair to point out that even hookers get raped...and the cops rarely investigate their claims, either. Doesn't make it not rape, though.
    True, but that's a sexual job that is also illegal

vCash

You know very well the point being made.
    Look, you believe CrabLegs Rapeyboy is innocent, I don't. Considering that neither one of us is calling the legal shots, that's about all we get to say. If this thread annoys you, you can put it, or me, on 'ignore'.

You know very well the point being made.
    Look, you believe CrabLegs Rapeyboy is innocent, I don't. Considering that neither one of us is calling the legal shots, that's about all we get to say. If this thread annoys you, you can put it, or me, on 'ignore'.
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you personally annoy me. I have no reason to put you on ignore? I just wanted to state my opinion from all the reasearch I did.

Administrator
    vCash

I don't see why they should have to. The only thing she could say is that they did not conduct the Title IX appropriately... however doing that "appropriately" screwed Frank Shannon and could have potentially ruined his football career, all for something that the girl changed her story of accusations and no chargers were pressed. You're right though they probably will... and to me that is WRONG. Just as wrong as what they did to Frank Shannon. Well I guess with your logic Frank must have done it as well.
    In Shannon's case, I don't think the girl ever changed her story. In fact, I think she was pretty vocal about not pursuing anything right from the beginning. From what I was able to gather, the whole thing started from a friend of hers. I'm not clear as to how the friend came to know about the situation, but the bottom line was that Frank didn't do anything. It was over before anything happened. That's why I still don't understand what the title IX review board was looking at when they reached their decision. In essence, Frank got the maximum penalty (or close to it) for not having sex with the girl, and she didn't want to pursue any kind of investigation/charges. She refused to cooperate with the title IX investigation too.

Talk about the system screwing someone.

I do think that title IX is and should be an important part of the student judicial system, and that sexual assault on campuses (across the country) needs to be stopped. However, this had the feeling of a witch hunt from the start.

vCash

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean you personally annoy me. I have no reason to put you on ignore? I just wanted to state my opinion from all the reasearch I did.
    Good enough. We're cool. Thanks

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    In essence, Frank got the maximum penalty (or close to it) for not having sex with the girl, and she didn't want to pursue any kind of investigation/charges. She refused to cooperate with the title IX investigation too.
    I have never read where she refused to cooperate with the title IX investigation. This quote was from a Tramel article in newsok.com, but I had read it in other places:

Shannon had been accused of sexual assault, but the district attorney declined to press charges when the accuser said she didn’t want to testify. Both Shannon and the accuser testified before the OU Title IX board.
    Maybe testifying isn't necessarily cooperating, but I never saw a disclaimer about her testimony. There had to be something the committee used as a basis for their conclusion. I'm not saying I would buy it if I saw it, but something has to exist or Shannon would have a great libel case against the university. I have to believe Shannon was given an explanation for the suspension and if was completely bogus, I can't imagine why he is still here. I guess he could be the ultimate pragmatist and stay because it's the best football decision, but hard to imagine him playing his heart out for OU under those circumstances.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I have never read where she refused to cooperate with the title IX investigation. This quote was from a Tramel article in newsok.com, but I had read it in other places:

Maybe testifying isn't necessarily cooperating, but I never saw a disclaimer about her testimony. There had to be something the committee used as a basis for their conclusion. I'm not saying I would buy it if I saw it, but something has to exist or Shannon would have a great libel case against the university. I have to believe Shannon was given an explanation for the suspension and if was completely bogus, I can't imagine why he is still here. I guess he could be the ultimate pragmatist and stay because it's the best football decision, but hard to imagine him playing his heart out for OU under those circumstances.
    I was confusing the title IX interview with the police. I know she refused to cooperate with the police, and wouldn't press charges. I assumed she remained silent with the Title IX board too (that's what I get for assuming).

It's not hard to imagine why Shannon is still here, where else is he gonna go? If he transferred, he'd be sitting out a year anyway, and then who knows if he would fit in a new program. Staying at OU (keep in mind, he was a big time OU fan in high school) was the easiest solution. He also knows his chance at regaining his starting position is pretty good (and at the very least, he's going to play a lot). He just watched his best friend and mentor (Corey Nelson) get drafted, so I'm sure his plan is to do the same thing. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen.

We also don't know what was said between he and Stoops. It's possible that Stoops is on his side, but couldn't come out publicly. He may have been the reason Shannon stayed.

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

It's appropriate to hold to the 'innocent until proven guilty' stance....for a while. And, in Shannon's case, when the alleged victim wants the process stopped and takes positive steps to see it stopped, and the DA refuses to bring charges, it seems the appropriate stance to maintain.
    L'Affair Winston, however, is a different kettle of fish. Go read the NYT article and you may rethink your position. I started off with precisely the opinion you hold now.
    I changed my mind.
    Which NYT article, please and thank you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoSoonerGal View Post
    Which NYT article, please and thank you?
    Pretty damn good one right here.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ston.html?_r=0

OleVet Posse Instigator

Allegedly Pokish
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Thanks!