Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Landthieves

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Landthieves

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    He's still on those things!? Dang he should look into suboxone.
    Met him and his wife at a tailgate. They were nice peeps. He was, "quite interesting", here on SF right before Dean perma'd him...

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I think with Dez, this falls into the unfortunate category. I don't think the rule is perfect, but I think it does more good than bad. He was falling down as he caught it, so I think it's fair to require him to come up with it. In this instance, it was a little more clear than usual that he had it, but many times it's tough to tell. Megatron's "non-catch" didn't sit as well with me.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I think with Dez, this falls into the unfortunate category. I don't think the rule is perfect, but I think it does more good than bad. He was falling down as he caught it, so I think it's fair to require him to come up with it. In this instance, it was a little more clear than usual that he had it, but many times it's tough to tell. Megatron's "non-catch" didn't sit as well with me.
    Pretty much the way I see it. I think it's also fair to *expect* Dez to make that catch. He's one of the best WR's in the NFL and certainly one of the most physically gifted. He had complete control of that ball in the air and should have been aware enough to make sure it stayed that way. He risked possession with his lunge and lost. Then to say he is amazed by the replay call after the game, just shows he is not the complete player he should be. Have to be heady to be the best at that level, not just a physical specimen.

I swear to God those whiney mouth-breathers are going to actively root against the new OC just so one of them can be the first to say "I told you so." Buncha vag's over there

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatCecilsGhost View Post
    I swear to God those whiney mouth-breathers are going to actively root against the new OC just so one of them can be the first to say "I told you so." Buncha vag's over there
    Yep. I get the feeling that being able to say "I told you so", or "I posted about this X months ago, and I was RIGHT!" is the motivation behind a lot of posts over there.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    You guys can have StoopTroup back. His demands have been an apology from Dean and that his mega-uber kick *** post count be left intact and that he can neg rep people.

He also wants his oxy hand delivered to his door....
    I don't see how that guy functions. I wonder if hes just constantly wasted or has just fried his brain. Im also surprised LT's hasn't crucified him when hes posting 800 nonsensical times a day.
    Last edited by Blue; 1/12/2015 at 10:08 PM.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I don't see how that guy functions. I wonder if hes just constantly wasted or has just fried his brain. Im also surprised LT's hasn't crucified him when hes posting 800 nonsensical times a day.
    Under what name?
    He an I were great friends before
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Same.

vCash

They have their cliques there, for sure. In any given thread u can see who pats whom on the back after a post. I'm out. Think all those doods there are either 18 or 65 yrs old.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GreatCecilsGhost View Post
    Just a little bit of information...LT hasn't cornered the market on 'whiney mouth-breathers' there are some here as well. Have you ever read ANYTHING posted by Tear Down This Wall?? KING of the mouth-breathers!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner in Tampa View Post
    Just a little bit of information...LT hasn't cornered the market on 'whiney mouth-breathers' there are some here as well. Have you ever read ANYTHING posted by Tear Down This Wall?? KING of the mouth-breathers!
    I recognize no king

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

After this past season I have general concern for the mental well being of a majority of message board posters nationwide no matter which team/sport they associate themselves with.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    I recognize no king
    Wait...what?

Barry Switzer on line 1...

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    There is a thread claiming that someone painted a derogatory message about Josh on a billboard in Norman and signed it "Landthieves". Not sure if that's true.

In general, it is a large subscriber base that will start a thread with a bit of useful information and then quickly degrade to attacking each other like they are mortal enemies. Keyboards do seem to dampen IQ a bit, but they take it to the extreme over there. If a visitor from outside lurks over there, they must come away with the feeling that OU fans are a bunch of morons.
    But Pokes fans LOVE to quote them. Birds of a feather!
    There's Only ONE Oklahoma!

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Under what name?
    He an I were great friends before
    Still friends on FB...
    I have no issues with him, but I understand you guys having them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerStormchaser View Post
    Still friends on FB...
    I have no issues with him, but I understand you guys having them.
    I still wish him the best, He has a great Family.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    I still wish him the best, He has a great Family.
    He was a solid contributor here for a while, then things just went south. Kinda sad.

vCash

I recognize a bevy of names over there. Prolly a lot more from here that use different handles too. Is it filled with peeps that got perma banned? Is everyone here just yes men and crimson colored glasses wearers? Oh well, if corky taught us anything it's that life goes on

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    I recognize a bevy of names over there. Prolly a lot more from here that use different handles too. Is it filled with peeps that got perma banned? Is everyone here just yes men and crimson colored glasses wearers? Oh well, if corky taught us anything it's that life goes on
    Message boards are cyclical. This was the first real Sooner fan board, and was huge for many years, then as the internet grew so did the options for fan interaction. Over the years there have been several all out meltdowns here and some folks left while others stayed. I never used to have time to post on more than one board so I stayed here. Now, I have a little more time, so I do post on LT from time to time (by the same name), but nothing like what I do here.

I wouldn't consider folks here yes men or sunshine pumpers. In fact, I think most of the regular posters here have more insight into the program, with far less knee jerk reacting. As far as I'm concerned, just better overall conversation.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

ah, I remember the original board....man that was years ago. I remember talking to the brother and dad of Stephen Alexander. Actually met them at the KU game one year. Met Stephen, his peoples and actually Steve Owens as well.

Ah, those were the days...
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!