Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Landthieves

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Landthieves

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    We could always bring back 'Delete Me'
    I wish we could bring back some of the posters from that thread!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Yes. It was a doughty band of posters. Men and women devoted to self-levitating silliness. I grow misty when I contemplate that the like may never be assembled again. Something vital, and uplifting, has gone from this earth. Yea, Verily! We live in the latter days! And are but shadows of our former selves.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by dwarthog View Post
    LT comes off as shaggybevo lite IMO. I only go there when this board isn't responding for some reason.

For just good old entertainment value, shaggybevo is far better IMO, particularly when UT is getting manhandled by someone.
    You would think those on Shaggy would like being "manhandled"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    You would think those on Shaggy would like being "manhandled"
    They do have a fascination with the male "member" over there.

Have you seen thujones end of year wrap up yet? Check out Prevail and Ride if you can tolerate their humor.

Definitely not work safe.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Yes. It was a doughty band of posters. Men and women devoted to self-levitating silliness. I grow misty when I contemplate that the like may never be assembled again. Something vital, and uplifting, has gone from this earth. Yea, Verily! We live in the latter days! And are but shadows of our former selves.
    Who you think you is, Jack Handy?

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Who you think you is, Jack Handy?
    Mebbe more like Mo Bandy
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Mebbe more like Mo Bandy
    I'm Bandy the rodeo clown...

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

OK.......Let me share why I posted that...

They are negative. they are toxic. They are not worthy of a response. If it was up to them we would always suck. F them. We are OU. We will be on top again. Despite our childish fanbase.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Well I know who ran off aziansooner a few years ago, right blue? Heh. Good times over here 6 years ago.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post

They are negative. they are toxic. They are not worthy of a response. If it was up to them we would always suck. F them. We are OU. We will be on top again. Despite our childish fanbase.
    If you could roll up the general opinions over there, and make one giant opinion, you nailed it. There's definitely a negative overtone.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 salth2o's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post

If you could roll up the general opinions over there, and make one giant opinion, you nailed it. There's definitely a negative overtone.

You hit the head on the nail.
    You only live once, but if you work it right...once is enough!
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Definitely the crux of the matter. The problem is that the days of internet message boards being some harmless place where fans congregate is over. Players and recruits read this crap, and LT basically surrounds our program with a negativity it doesn't need, especially now.

Obviously, this isn't unique to OU message boards, but folks really need to be careful about what they post when they mention specific players, recruits, and coaches. It may seem super hilarious at the time, but in large doses I do think hateful (non-constructive) criticism can, in particular, affect recruiting.

For example- calling out Heupel for his performance as an OC and expressing you don't think he's the right man for the job is fine. Incessant "FUJH" and "go eat a donut you fat turd" is not; the guy is an OU legend and that's the thanks he gets? Personally, I just think that type of mentality is low rent and bush league.

Nobody is above reasoned, fair criticism (including the players), but it's all in the delivery. That's where LT falls short.

But what do I know; I'm an old fogey.
    "Always" and "never" are words that should always be used sparingly and never without forethought. You're welcome.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Landthieves sure was funny yesterday after the Cowboys/Packers game. There seems to be a lot more Cowboy fans among the OU crowd than I thought. Oh, what butthurt over that Dez Bryant catch reversal! The angry posts had me laughing so hard I almost sprouted ab muscles. The Packer fans and Cowboy haters smelled blood in the water and just bating the butthurt crowd mercilessly. It was a bright spot in an otherwise dull weekend for me.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Whet's Avatar
    vCash

Barry Tramel and John Hoover, among others. post there, too. And Dean.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoCaliSooner's Avatar
    vCash

You guys can have StoopTroup back. His demands have been an apology from Dean and that his mega-uber kick *** post count be left intact and that he can neg rep people.

He also wants his oxy hand delivered to his door....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

He's still on those things!? Dang he should look into suboxone.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    Landthieves sure was funny yesterday after the Cowboys/Packers game. There seems to be a lot more Cowboy fans among the OU crowd than I thought. Oh, what butthurt over that Dez Bryant catch reversal! The angry posts had me laughing so hard I almost sprouted ab muscles. The Packer fans and Cowboy haters smelled blood in the water and just bating the butthurt crowd mercilessly. It was a bright spot in an otherwise dull weekend for me.
    You aren't kidding. It was worse than the ranch.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    You aren't kidding. It was better than the ranch.
    I try not to do the FIFY thing, but in this case I'll add my personal touch.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member jkm, the stolen pifwafwi's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I try not to do the FIFY thing, but in this case I'll add my personal touch.
    I'm not a big NFL guy and basically just watch former OU players. Watching DeMarco cough one up and then Hanna fall on top of a fumble only to have it pop out was a rather pointed end to this football season.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkm, the stolen pifwafwi View Post
    I'm not a big NFL guy and basically just watch former OU players. Watching DeMarco cough one up and then Hanna fall on top of a fumble only to have it pop out was a rather pointed end to this football season.
    I'm the same - no real routing interest in the game other than wanting to see the OU players do well. I did have to crack a smile watching Dez convert an incredible, clutch play into a phail. It's certainly a fair debate over the utility of the current catch "process" rule. But the bottom line is that's the rule now and a veteran, all-pro player like Dez should know the rule and be aware of the game situation. It's 4th down with the game on the line and he risked the completion by lunging with the ball in 1 hand and going for the TD. He's got to cradle that ball with 2 hands and twist his body to avoid the ball hitting the ground - I've seen plenty of other receivers do exactly that in similar situations.