Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Landthieves

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Landthieves

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    LT is a good board, it's just different.

There's a lot more folks posting there these days, so you get a mix of everything...including the crazy.

If I want to have a conversation, this is the place I come. I've been on this board since it started, so my loyalty is here. However, LT is good about getting news out quicker, and there is certainly a full spectrum of opinions there.
    Lots of posters from other boards came over here to view our excellent fark board before it went in the toilet, and stayed on to post on the FB board. Some of those fark thread posts were pure genius, Stunned Aggie, Limo, "It was the wind" Excuse Mack--Coach Take-a-Knee, etc. I LMAO just thinking about some of them.
    But that was when our coaching staff was in it's heyday, could make chicken soup out of chickens&^t players/game-plans, and most other coaching staffs were inferior. It was juvenile, but entertaining.
    Now most of the posts/posters (especially on LT) try to show their supposed football cerebral superiority over another by quickly being the 1st to make a counterpoint if a poster makes an opinion that he/she doesn't agree with or posts a mistake (history, news, stats, rules, etc). If you don't believe this, just post 180 from what you know as fact and see how many quick correction replies are posted, and most are not posted in a respectable form. I wouldn't be surprised if some posters get a 24 hour woody when they post a correct counterpoint or fact.
    I think a former US Prez said it best when asked what he thought was the biggest problem we faced today. and he said something like, "It's our ability to disagree w/o going completely postal". (he obviously didn't say postal, but you get the meaning).

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    They like to cuss just for the sake of cussing...They think it's cool. Mostly young and stupid.
    **** off, dip ****!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by beached_sooner View Post
    I'm starting to believe in your conspiracy theory. How else could this guy get away with all he does, and still not get kicked off !!
    The inmates are running the asylum.

vCash

Message boards are cyclical. This board has had it's ups and downs. There used to be a huge outcry about over-moderation and now there is hardly any moderation. For whatever reason, the mass exodus seemed to occur when the board upgraded to the current vBulletin with the God awful smileys. Either way, LT does offer more discussions and insider information due to the current population of the board.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Thats funny. The very first day I registered over here I got a couple PMs from a guy who was also posting over on an Oregon board I was on. It was similarly full of conspiracy weirdness trying to warn me off from posting here. Kinda reminds me of all that Anonymous stuff. The ones posting that stuff everywhere always tend to be the ones on the outside who most want to be a part of it.
    Wasn't Stu from Oregon?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    Wasn't Stu from Oregon?
    Yup.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

I have ventured over there quite a few times.. Lots of traffic and seems fun..But I post here mostly.
    Bazinga

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

LT certainly has a few posters that are in 'the know' about what is going on behind the scenes at OU. It is true, you do have to muddle through the crap to find out who they are, but once you do...it is all good.

I visit multiple Sooner boards everyday...it is a cornucopia of different views and I take it all with a grain of salt...after all...it is just the Internet

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

LT's is not as bad now as it was when it first started up, but still a lot of garbage to wade through, so I just don't bother with it. My apologies if I offended anyone...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by beached_sooner View Post
    Re: Internet Posse

It's not really a posse per se, it's really a cult of personality centered on a certain member who has posted more than 60,000 times to this forum. If you merely infer, much less say, anything negative or derogatory directed at the cult leader, then be prepared to incur the wrath of all the sycophant followers (e.g., posse) of the cult ad infinitum for your disrespect. It is relatively easy to identify those that have crossed the "posse". Anyone with red (versus green), including your's truly, reputation indicators (directly below your userid) have been subjected to "retribution" by the "posse" for stating "negative" comments pertaining to the cult leader.
    Well, here's where you're wrong...
    I've called Vet out a few times myself...and I'm a proud Posse member. Where you go astray is when you talk out of your *** and start dropping name-calls and f-bombs and other miserably stupid **** that just tags you as a troll. That's when some of us get mad from time to time and you find yourself in the red.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    I have ventured over there quite a few times.. Lots of traffic and seems fun..But I post here mostly.
    You lie! Ya Florida Evans look'n motha *****!

OleVet Posse Instigator

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I think most people left this board a few years ago when some admins were on a power trip and also when the board was down for a week or two that one summer.

It's funny how fickle Internet sites can be. Can you imagine if something caused Facebook to shut down for a week or so? Customers could migrate to Google and you could see a $200 billion lost almost overnight.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

It makes sense. The Internet's largely about convenience and saving time when you think about it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    It makes sense. The Internet's largely about pron and saving time when you think about it.
    Agreed

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

I see what you did there...
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

LT comes off as shaggybevo lite IMO. I only go there when this board isn't responding for some reason.

For just good old entertainment value, shaggybevo is far better IMO, particularly when UT is getting manhandled by someone.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    I think most people left this board a few years ago when some admins were on a power trip and also when the board was down for a week or two that one summer.

It's funny how fickle Internet sites can be. Can you imagine if something caused Facebook to shut down for a week or so? Customers could migrate to Google and you could see a $200 billion lost almost overnight.
    The general amnesty for the perma-banned posters largely had something to do with it...but I digress.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

If this place was a family with 3 children, that place is a family with 7 children. At least that's how I usually feel when I spend my occasional five minutes. They probably have more intelligent posters, but they've also amplified all the things I can't stand about a message board.

Ultimately, I don't want to be a member on two sites, and I've been here too long to switch over. I might lurk some, though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

We could always bring back 'Delete Me'
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

75 and 87 are over there having a whizzin contest based purely on semantics. That's hard to follow!