SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Landthieves

No you can't f*ckface.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Shaggy shows ways to work around language filters...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...=1#post4868551

(the meltdown post from RRS last football season)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

This internet posse business must predate my time here. B/c every time I've seen it mentioned, it just looks like someone w/ an unpopular opinion has decided it's unpopular b/c there must be some sort of internet conspiracy..
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

LOL I tried to register for LANDTHIEVES and was denied? LOL

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    This internet posse business must predate my time here. B/c every time I've seen it mentioned, it just looks like someone w/ an unpopular opinion has decided it's unpopular b/c there must be some sort of internet conspiracy..
    No, it was a laughably true thing. Some of them typed with "hick" accents.
    I started the day all carpe diem, then the diem carped on me.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

It is...basically there is a "clique" of us (if you will) that post on another site...not related to this board. Well, some folks got their feathers ruffled awhile ago, and a few of the "posse" started spek wars (NTTAWWT, it's not like it's tangible crap anyways). So now it's all a vast conspiracy to a few folks on this board...the "posse" is out to get them.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Isn't vet THE posse? I miss the shoe whipping days. If u post on landthieves reveal your handle. I dont post there but I do lurk at least once a day. I recognize Some names but looks like sooner87 runs the show there.

vCash

Thats funny. The very first day I registered over here I got a couple PMs from a guy who was also posting over on an Oregon board I was on. It was similarly full of conspiracy weirdness trying to warn me off from posting here. Kinda reminds me of all that Anonymous stuff. The ones posting that stuff everywhere always tend to be the ones on the outside who most want to be a part of it.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Portlandsooner was here a few years ago. Think there's an Oregonsooner too. Can't really grasp the idea of running people off that truly love the Sooners. Honestly I can think of atleast 50 regulars that haven't been here in years. A lot of em posted in the south oval mainly.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Wishboned's Avatar
    vCash

I go to landthieves more often than I visit here now. More traffic. More information. And in my opinion this place has turned into a giant bridge with all the trolls hanging out.
    Surrender is not a Ranger word

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by birddog View Post
    Portlandsooner was here a few years ago. Think there's an Oregonsooner too. Can't really grasp the idea of running people off that truly love the Sooners. Honestly I can think of atleast 50 regulars that haven't been here in years. A lot of em posted in the south oval mainly.
    No it wasn't either of them. Just some guy I haven't seen post much here or there in years.

vCash

Mines the same....Not that anyone cares...
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    snippage...

Those in glass houses though...there's an actual 'internet posse' on this forum, so not sure anyone here has much room to talk about negative aspects of other boards, because that's about as dumb as dumb gets.
    Re: Internet Posse

It's not really a posse per se, it's really a cult of personality centered on a certain member who has posted more than 60,000 times to this forum. If you merely infer, much less say, anything negative or derogatory directed at the cult leader, then be prepared to incur the wrath of all the sycophant followers (e.g., posse) of the cult ad infinitum for your disrespect. It is relatively easy to identify those that have crossed the "posse". Anyone with red (versus green), including your's truly, reputation indicators (directly below your userid) have been subjected to "retribution" by the "posse" for stating "negative" comments pertaining to the cult leader.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by beached_sooner View Post
    Re: Internet Posse

It's not really a posse per se, it's really a cult of personality centered on a certain member who has posted more than 60,000 times to this forum. If you merely infer, much less say, anything negative or derogatory directed at the cult leader, then be prepared to incur the wrath of all the sycophant followers (e.g., posse) of the cult ad infinitum for your disrespect. It is relatively easy to identify those that have crossed the "posse". Anyone with red (versus green), including your's truly, reputation indicators (directly below your userid) have been subjected to "retribution" by the "posse" for stating "negative" comments pertaining to the cult leader.

At least when Yall crying about the Posse yer leavin LT alone . Go for it
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

The "posse" is real, and is very active. If you need a good example of it and it's member sycophants in action, I suggest you read this: http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...owe-Bob-Stoops

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    You make a valid point about the dreaded...lol...'posse'. After all these years, the only thing I've figured is they must have friends in admin....
    I'm starting to believe in your conspiracy theory. How else could this guy get away with all he does, and still not get kicked off !!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by beached_sooner View Post
    I'm starting to believe in your conspiracy theory. How else could this guy get away with all he does, and still not get kicked off !!
    Phils my best friend Loves me moren all of Yall.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    There is a thread claiming that someone painted a derogatory message about Josh on a billboard in Norman and signed it "Landthieves". Not sure if that's true.

In general, it is a large subscriber base that will start a thread with a bit of useful information and then quickly degrade to attacking each other like they are mortal enemies. Keyboards do seem to dampen IQ a bit, but they take it to the extreme over there. If a visitor from outside lurks over there, they must come away with the feeling that OU fans are a bunch of morons.
    If you read the whole thread. It was a message on a billboard that post tweets. It said thank you josh #landthiefs.

It's not a bad board. A lot of OU news broke their before any other sports sites or forums.

It's a OU forum with a edge to it. Nothing like them penis loving horns on shaggy.

Administrator
    vCash

LT is a good board, it's just different.

There's a lot more folks posting there these days, so you get a mix of everything...including the crazy.

If I want to have a conversation, this is the place I come. I've been on this board since it started, so my loyalty is here. However, LT is good about getting news out quicker, and there is certainly a full spectrum of opinions there.