Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Landthieves

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash
    Last edited by C&CDean; 3/29/2020 at 01:26 AM.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: Landthieves

Shaggybevo wannabes...I agree with you.
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Careful what you wish for. Not sure I want that bunch over here.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BetterSoonerThanLater's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    Careful what you wish for. Not sure I want that bunch over here.
    ^ this. They can keep that garbage over there.
    this is bull****
    Posted from iOS app

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Some like Pepsi and some like Coke... and some like the off-brand stuff that Walmart sells after it goes flat.

Depending on which board you frequent is what you think your preference is and what other's are

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okienole3's Avatar
    vCash

What did they do?
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleWingSooner
    I have the worst temper ever. You don't want to be around me when I explode. People found this out in Elementary and middle school so by the time I was in high school no one wanted to **** me off.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okienole3 View Post
    What did they do?
    They like to cuss just for the sake of cussing...They think it's cool. Mostly young and stupid.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okienole3 View Post
    What did they do?
    There is a thread claiming that someone painted a derogatory message about Josh on a billboard in Norman and signed it "Landthieves". Not sure if that's true.

In general, it is a large subscriber base that will start a thread with a bit of useful information and then quickly degrade to attacking each other like they are mortal enemies. Keyboards do seem to dampen IQ a bit, but they take it to the extreme over there. If a visitor from outside lurks over there, they must come away with the feeling that OU fans are a bunch of morons.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

I sometimes click on certain threads. Other than that its a bunch of way too immature guys with not much to say. Atleast we only have two people like that on this board.

vCash

Didnt even know there was another sooner football forum.....

Guess it should have stayed that way..lol
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

I am not a "fan" of any message board. Unfortunately I have an addiction to the Sooners, so I must check them incessantly each day. Landthieves has, in general, more diverse opinions and discussions than this board. Here, if you disagree with old guy what's his name, you pretty much can kiss a decent discussion goodbye.

Most boards have the same formula: 1) a thread is started with a halfway decent question or idea. 2) some people weigh in with thoughtful (mostly) opinions. 3) shortly, someone posts a childish disagreement and the personal attack flame war begins. End of thread. Happens here just as much as anywhere else. This board happens to be more personality driven than most, so non-mainstream (on this board) posters don't post too often.

LT has their own issues as well. All boards do. It would be great if we could talk football and absorb differing opinions, but I don't see it happening soon.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

The young and stupid don't bother me much, but the total disrespect for others and gutter crudeness does. I stay clear of it...

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Remember when the OTHER site shut down back around 2009-2010 and their posters came here and (mostly) polluted the boards for a few months with stupid inside jokes and whatnot?

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I lurk there quite a bit. Haven't posted here for several years because a few posters that seem to live on this board tend to dominate the discussions and shout down dissent. This place is kinda Hornfans to Landthieve's Shaggybevo. Both have there good points and bad points but I don't post anywhere anymore and enjoy my time on the boards much more.
    I started the day all carpe diem, then the diem carped on me.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

Not a big fan of Landthieves, they try too hard to be like Shaggybevo. There's usually more happening over there though in terms of discussion (good or bad), so I read through from time to time.

Those in glass houses though...there's an actual 'internet posse' on this forum, so not sure anyone here has much room to talk about negative aspects of other boards, because that's about as dumb as dumb gets.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    Those in glass houses though...there's an actual 'internet posse' on this forum.
    You make a valid point about the dreaded...lol...'posse'. After all these years, the only thing I've figured is they must have friends in admin. It's the only logical explanation other than maybe they're the mascots, class clowns or court jesters.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I like it.....!!!
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash
    Just because a board allows cussing doesn't make it a shaggybevo wannabe. I happen to enjoy unfiltered opinions.
    Posted from iOS app

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    Just because a board allows cussing doesn't make it a shaggybevo wannabe. I happen to enjoy unfiltered opinions.
    While I'll agree sometimes a well placed cuss word might be needed to make a point, they cuss just for the sake cussin'...crass, crude and disrespectful. Each to his own-different strokes I suppose. I stay clear.

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    You make a valid point about the dreaded...lol...'posse'. After all these years, the only thing I've figured is they must have friends in admin. It's the only logical explanation other than maybe they're the mascots, class clowns or court jesters.
    Or people like me...