Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Norvell Has Been Fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishboned View Post
    Dejuan Miller was not a fan of Norvell.
    https://twitter.com/D_Miller24
    Receivers seem to have the greatest propensity to be haters. It must be a very frustrating position to play.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Landthief 1972's Avatar
    vCash

Not surprised Norvell was the first to go. As already mentioned in this thread, he seemed to struggle to coach up anyone who wasn't Broyles/Shepard/etc. His recruiting efforts have seen diminishing returns. He (and/or Bob) made it a priority to get some tall, quick deep threat WRs. Nearly every recruit matching that description who put on a Sooner uniform has been a flop or a pervert (or both). So now we've got 5'10" WRs playing wide out who can't break loose and can't reach over the defender to grab the deep floaters.

To make matters worse, none of the newer WRs seem to have a knack for YAC that we've become accustomed to over the years. We had a lot of 3 and longs that, in previous years, would have been 1st down conversions by most of the WRs from the mid-2000s by way of YAC. These new kids seem to get tripped up immediately.
    Certainly, without a doubt, this is my signature, and I wrote it in a great way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

As soon as a guy like Justin Brown, Jalen Saunders, or DGB announce they're transferring, Norvell is the perfect guy to have on the phone with them. He's also a great guy.

A LOT of our former WR's say he's terrible at developing WR's, though. I don't name names in these situations, because it's up to them if they want it out there publically, but Dejaun Miller is one of them. It's always difficult to say, though, because you never know when they're just bitter that they didn't become the superstars they were supposed to.

The data suggests he isn't developing many WR's, though. He's bringing in lots of talent, but there are tons of guys across the country that can do that. I can get behind this move, but ONLY if there is more to come. I'm hearing at least two more guys are as good as gone. If that's Heupel and Kish or BJW, I'll be a happy camper. I'd imagine Montgomery, Bedenaugh, and Gundy are as safe as it gets.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    I don't see the need for Miller or anyone eles to take cheap shots at Jay Norvell...
    guess I don't see it as a cheap shot. Not that I'm in Miller's camp...but coaches at every level, maybe not "pro", have their "favorites". How many times have we said on here that we (fans) were amazed at how quickly someone gets pulled or not.

I think he is just speaking the truth. Just a thought. Seems like lots of comments on here about how Norvell doesn't improve anyone.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!