Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike to LSU?

vCash

Re: Mike to LSU?

I would be happy to write him a letter of recommendation, and I'd use small words so Les could understand it.

Sooner Starter NorthernIowaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    When I first heard this, I thought it was just wishful thinking on someone's part. Now, it appears this story has real legs.

From LSU's perspective, I'm not sure I see the lure of Mike, but I certainly wouldn't be upset if he were to take the gig (if offered).
    I agree, I don't see the allure on their part but coaching is an odd business like that.

I think Mike may understand the situation he's in. Bob won't (can't) fire him because he's his brother but a change needs to be made. He may understand that if he stays he may take Bob down with him in time and I don't think he'd want to do that.

I was told Mike needs to stay within certain range of DFW until his kids are out of HS. And that is part of the reason he was never considering the Ohio St deal. What that range is, and is Baton Rouge within it, I don't know?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OkieThunderLion View Post
    I was told Mike needs to stay within certain range of DFW until his kids are out of HS. And that is part of the reason he was never considering the Ohio St deal. What that range is, and is Baton Rouge within it, I don't know?
    I'm not sure why he would bothering interviewing at a school that he has no ability to take.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

This is surprising, but if he's doing this, that means he is being encouraged to by his brother.

I'm going to laugh if Mike gets shown the door and nobody else does. Mike may not be the answer, but on the list of problem coaches, he is behind Heupel, Norvell, and BJW.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ouduckhunter's Avatar
    North Carolina via Oreygon, Texas, and the great state of Oklahoma
    vCash

So Les interviews everybody on Saturday. If he already had his guy picked out before hand, and interviewed the others as a formality, seems like we would have had an announcement by now. I'm intrigued!
    From the home of Seymour Johnson Air Force Base...

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBorn View Post
    I would be happy to write him a letter of recommendation, and I'd use small words so Les could understand it.
    So Les Miles can read?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EatLeadCommie View Post
    This is surprising, but if he's doing this, that means he is being encouraged to by his brother.

I'm going to laugh if Mike gets shown the door and nobody else does. Mike may not be the answer, but on the list of problem coaches, he is behind Heupel, Norvell, and BJW.
    Giving receivers 10 yard cushions kept our offense on the sidelines way too much.
    I don't know what's wrong, but it's probably your fault.

Olevet Posse

vCash

I hope he gets the job. Then Kish, BJW and Heupel get shown the door and we might be on the way back up.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU68 View Post
    Giving receivers 10 yard cushions kept our offense on the sidelines way too much.
    That was overcompensation for getting burned deep all the time the season before.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok View Post
    That was overcompensation for getting burned deep all the time the season before.
    And this season. Look at the Baylor game. The couple of times we played up on the receivers we got burned. Not much you can do when you only have one player who can cover worth a flip.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    And this season. Look at the Baylor game. The couple of times we played up on the receivers we got burned. Not much you can do when you only have one player who can cover worth a flip.
    I just don't remember them playing so far off receivers in previous seasons but I do remember them trying to play tight and many receivers blowing by them. Heck that is about 75% of the Baylor offense.

Sooner Starter NorthernIowaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    I hope he gets the job. Then Kish, BJW and Heupel get shown the door and we might be on the way back up.
    I wondered about Kish myself. Are Mike and Kish handcuffed in a sense? Is Kish gone by default if Mike is? He was his DC in Arizona and the current LB corps are underwhelming. I think this will be a easy out for Bob to get rid of Kish and hopefully not make him DC.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

With Clancy Pendergast being the favorite for the LSU job, this could be an awkward moment for Bob...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    With Clancy Pendergast being the favorite for the LSU job, this could be an awkward moment for Bob...
    On a link to the Tiger Droppings thread about Pendergast elsewhere it says that he pulled his name out of consideration for the LSU job.

Who thought "Tiger Droppings" was a good name for a forum.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

On a link to the Tiger Droppings thread about Pendergast elsewhere it says that he pulled his name out of consideration for the LSU job.

Who thought "Tiger Droppings" was a good name for a forum.....
    I like it - self deprecating (defecating?). They needed something clever with Auburn and now Mizzou also being tigers.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Good, I'd sure like to see him become a Sooner...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

vCash

Don't get excited, I don't think Bob is going anywhere. Think about it, would he really leave his brother and his security blanket.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ashley View Post
    Don't get excited, I don't think Bob is going anywhere. Think about it, would he really leave his brother and his security blanket.
    I assume you mean Mike. And yes, I think he would leave if he felt he was hurting Bob - at least if he is a thoughtful brother he would.