Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Big Pimpin' stoops the eternal pimp's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Advice For Sic 'Em's Baylor Thread

I have no opinion on the Oakman-Knight situation, but boy was I wrong about Ahmad Dixon..I defended that guy but his behavior in year one in the league proved me wrong.
    Bazinga

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEm
    My view of Stoops, at least in recent history, is more a 'GM/CEO' style HC. I may be completely wrong, but I think he gives his coordinators a lot of latitude on designing the offense/defense themselves. So when they clearly aren't up to that job, it becomes even more important to let them go. At least if Kendal ends up being incompetent, the offense isn't completely centered around the coordinator. Kendal can be a figurehead so long as CAB steps in. On the other hand, Briles did give 100% free license to Bennett to design and run the defense. They are ALMOST co-equals. So if Bennett isn't getting the job done then he absolutely has to go. I have faith in the guy, but something isn't working.
    You see, Bob Stoops has fine tuned his message to media and the fans for so long that we've all been conned into thinking that offensive and defensive issues are the coordinators' faults, not the head coach's

Seriously now, how many FIRE CHUCK THIRD AND LONG, FIRE VULNERABLES and FIRE HEUPEL/MIKE threads have been going over the years here without any real Bob Stoops firing talk (with some exceptions after painful losses)?

And that's why he makes $5 million a year. Tell me SicEm --- how were you BF'ers after yesterday? Calling for the firing of the HC, or the assistants? I suspect Briles has you all trained to his liking much like Stoops has us. It's not our fault. Winning is very fun and addictive

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    You see, Bob Stoops has fine tuned his message to media and the fans for so long that we've all been conned into thinking that offensive and defensive issues are the coordinators' faults, not the head coach's

Seriously now, how many FIRE CHUCK THIRD AND LONG, FIRE VULNERABLES and FIRE HEUPEL/MIKE threads have been going over the years here without any real Bob Stoops firing talk (with some exceptions after painful losses)?

And that's why he makes $5 million a year. Tell me SicEm --- how were you BF'ers after yesterday? Calling for the firing of the HC, or the assistants? I suspect Briles has you all trained to his liking much like Stoops has us. It's not our fault. Winning is very fun and addictive
    I have no idea. I haven't been to BF.com since the night before the game, and I have no intention of setting foot over there until sometime around June. But the situation with us is completely different. We've improved every year under Briles despite the occasional hiccup and our post-season troubles, and we had a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to go from where we were to where we're at. OU is a different story. You're talking about a program with every advantage in the world built into the name with the second highest paid coach in the country that has consistently been performing below what everyone agrees it should be. As I said elsewhere, CAB has accomplished what he's accomplished with 2*/3* recruits. OU is where it's at with 4*/5* recruits.

My guess is that about 1/3 completely blamed Bennett, 1/3 blamed Kendal, and 1/3 blamed some combo of the two.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I was a bit surprised that Briles promoted his son, but I thought he did a fine job in the bowl game. It could certainly get ugly if the offense stops producing in the future regardless of the fact it is Art's offense - the OC always takes the heat.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoops the eternal pimp View Post
    I have no opinion on the Oakman-Knight situation, but boy was I wrong about Ahmad Dixon..I defended that guy but his behavior in year one in the league proved me wrong.
    Dixon has always been the one that I had problems with and his NFL behavior is no surprise to me. I figure he'll straighten up or be fined or suspended until teams don't want him.

vCash

I was pretty amused when Kendal pulled this one out of the hat:

Good for McGowen (he's Scottish).

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

That was a cool play and the entire feeling at that time was the game was over and Baylor was just playing with them.

Then they fell apart. If Coleman doesn't have that facemask or there isn't that unneccessary block in the back on the INT return, the game is over.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

What was the deal with Briles' son having adhesive tape on all his fingertips?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cvsooner View Post
    What was the deal with Briles' son having adhesive tape on all his fingertips?
    Reminds him not to pick his nose during the game. He's the OC now and might be on camera.