Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Advice For Sic 'Em's Baylor Thread

Let's talk about all the things Baylor is doing wrong, and how they can fix it. They're falling way behind TCU, and they've got some MAJOR changes to make to get things where they need to be.

vCash

Re: Advice For Sic 'Em's Baylor Thread

They need to go after Tyrel Jacobs now that he's decommitted from us. I don't know why they haven't yet.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Well with their defensive deficiencies, they should definitely start thinking about restructuring their staff. They are entirely too complacent in the postseason to capitalize on their tissue-soft scheduling.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

They need to hire a younger coach. Art is too old to make it through the whole season. That's why they can't finish.

vCash

Changes do need to be made, yes. That's absolutely true.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Changes do need to be made, yes. That's absolutely true.
    Woah...you're buzzkilling this. I thought I had at least a week.

vCash

Shouldn't you be in Dallas?
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonergirlNeugene View Post
    Shouldn't you be in Dallas?
    Good old Muskogee. I almost bought a ticket off a friend of mine at the last minute, but I've been unbelievably sick the last four days from a head cold I caught from my sister at Christmas. So I still wouldn't have ended up making it.

vCash

That was truly a pathetic letdown... and especially for the conference. At least, The Big XII could claim some bragging rights in the National picture, from our supposed superior brethren down south, who have supposedly forever passed us...

For all the talk of "Chokelahoma"... BU has a flair for taking a leak, all over their season, nobody to blame, but themselves...

vCash

Sorry to hear that. Hope you recover soon.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBigRed View Post
    That was truly a pathetic letdown... and especially for the conference. At least, The Big XII could claim some bragging rights in the National picture, from our supposed superior brethren down south, who have supposedly forever passed us...

For all the talk of "Chokelahoma"... BU has a flair for taking a leak, all over their season, nobody to blame, but themselves...
    Not really. TCU gave our conference respectability by itself. I think everybody knows Baylor was 3 scores better than MSU, but just crapped the bed again.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalBigRed View Post

It absolutely was a chokejob. Worse than the UCF game, imo. FTR: I've never said the word "Chokelahoma." Also completely justifies, with hindsight, putting TCU ahead of us; although, I maintain that based on the information available at the time it was still the wrong decision but that's neither here nor there at this point.

What it means is that the Big XII may have to be undefeated in order to get a playoff spot in the short term future.

vCash

It absolutely was a chokejob. Worse than the UCF game, imo. FTR: I've never said the word "Chokelahoma." Also completely justifies, with hindsight, putting TCU ahead of us; although, I maintain that based on the information available at the time it was still the wrong decision but that's neither here nor there at this point.

What it means is that the Big XII may have to be undefeated in order to get a playoff spot in the short term future.
    I think TCU beating a top 10 team from the SEC spoke much louder than a 1 point loss to a top 10 team.

This game felt like Baylor vs TCU in reverse. The worse team won.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    I think TCU beating a top 10 team from the SEC spoke much louder than a 1 point loss to a top 10 team.

I agree but, again, hindsight.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

I've been unbelievably sick the last four days from a head cold I caught from my sister
    Sounds like grounds for termination, fire your sister...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

vCash

Truth. Thats exactly the feeling I've been trying to shake.

vCash

I would agree if Ole Miss hadn't lost 3 of it's last 5 regular season games including a 30-0 beating from Arkansas. Baylor was up against a much better team and certainly should have won. But maybe from a national perception the TCU win was much more impressive, but Ole Miss certainly should not have been so highly ranked the way they faded.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cherokeebrewer View Post
    Sounds like grounds for termination, fire your sister...
    The only reason I'd ever hire my sister to work for me is to have the satisfaction of firing her.

vCash

Saw this over on ESPN and thought I'd add it here to back up your take on this one.

Stat of the game: According to ESPN Stats & Information, only one other FBS team has come back from a 20-point fourth-quarter deficit this season: Baylor, when it rallied to knock off TCU 61-58 on Oct. 11.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I would agree if Ole Miss hadn't lost 3 of it's last 5 regular season games including a 30-0 beating from Arkansas. Baylor was up against a much better team and certainly should have won. But maybe from a national perception the TCU win was much more impressive, but Ole Miss certainly should not have been so highly ranked the way they faded.
    I realize they lost a couple of games by 3 points, but they ended the season by beating the #4 team in the country, so it's not like they crawled to the end of the season.