Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Will the whorns try to hire Boulware away from us?

I guess Charlie canned a couple of offensive position coaches and Boulware is mentioned as one of their possible targets.

Those names include former Texas tight end Derek Lewis, who is currently the tight end coach at Florida, and Oklahoma tight ends and special teams coach Jay Boulware. Boulware played offensive tackle for Texas under John Mackovic and is originally from Irving.
    http://texas.247sports.com/Article/C...mbers-34286384
    Last edited by aurorasooner; 12/31/2014 at 03:46 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: Will the whorns try to hire Boulware away from us?

...but our TEs are so good!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Eielson View Post
    ...but our TEs are so good!
    Outside of Perine, our whole offense just wasn't very good.

With all that preseason spew about B Bell moving over to TE and how great he might be, I wouldn't be surprised if any of our coaches try to get out of that dumpster fire. Looks like at least one may be in play, just not any of the ones we want to go.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Isn't it amazing the other high profile programs that didn't preform up to expectations immediately fired coaches when the season was over and we are still standing pat.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

the fact they have already fired 2 guys and OU nothin, pretty much shows me nothing will happen with OU. We'll see
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    Isn't it amazing the other high profile programs that didn't preform up to expectations immediately fired coaches when the season was over and we are still standing pat.
    No. Stoops has always, when he's cut an assistant coach, has waited until after National Signing Day. Don't know what the terms of the contracts are, either. So the fact that he hasn't cut anyone yet is indicative of exactly nothing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    ...and they're trying to hire ours. That's brilliant.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Looking at our special teams (aside from the lone bright spot in Ross) , they can have him.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Looking at our special teams (aside from the lone bright spot in Ross) , they can have him.
    Well, our KO returns were critical in 2 of our wins and we only won 8, so I'd say that's a big deal. I don't see the coach having much part of Hunnicutt falling apart and Shep just didn't have a feel for punt returns. Coverage was good and that Tyreek Hill return was clearly the punters fault as all the coverage went left and he punted to the right.

I don't see the ST coach as a big deal, but I can see why another team might be interested. The bigger question for me, would be his role as TE coach.

vCash

I think bell is actually a good tight end. He made some great catches when he did get the ball, but it takes two and right now we don't have a QB worth a damn.
    BOOMER SOONER
    and GEAUX SAINTS

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Bell wasn't given a good chance to show what he could do at TE, that would require a QB who could throw a route over the middle.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

I'd trade Boulware for Chambers in a heartbeat.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 okiewaker's Avatar
    vCash
    A tight end coach for OU is very similar to an appendix. It's function is unknown.
    Posted from iOS app

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BlownGP View Post
    I think bell is actually a good tight end. He made some great catches when he did get the ball, but it takes two and right now we don't have a QB worth a damn.
    He was our second best receiver this year. Showed great hands and was consistent, unlike Neal.