Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Re: My apologies/Post game statment!

Getting rid of a long time coach is always a dicey proposition, especially one that has been successful. Only in hindsight can you be sure what should have been done. There is historical evidence to support both sides of the debate. Even though I have little confidence that Bob can turn this around I think the next step is to do some substantial house cleaning with the assistants. By substantial I mean we should have more new blood than retained coaches.

I think Bob needs to decide exactly what he wants the team identity to look like then hire the coordinators he feels can do that, then let them run their systems. I believe going forward Bob needs to give his OC and DC more autonomy as well as demanding accountability based on some set of objective criteria. Of course all of this is predicated on making the correct hires.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Sorry folks, I knew I shouldn't have bought the new underwear...
    "I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    Stoops could land every 5 star recruit in the country for the next 4 or 5 years and still not win the national title with this coaching staff.
    Exactly my thoughts. While I don't think Stoops needs to go - yet, he needs to get rid of his brother and Heupel. Neither one seems to know how to get the kids to play their schemes. And I'm not really sure Heupel has a scheme, other than calling plays he thinks he could have run. Revamp the coaching staff, and if Stoops doesn't and we have more of the same next season, then I'll be calling for him to go.