Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sabanball's Avatar
    vCash

Re: STOOPS APOLOGISTS…THE FLOOR IS YOURS..

I've been hesitant to jump on Stoops like many others in recent years because of the respect that I have for his entire body of work, but it really appears to me at times like he has just given up, left the program on auto pilot, and is cashing a check. No sense of urgency or intensity at all. I also think nepotism/getting rid of Venables has hurt your D and now you have his brother who honestly sometimes looks more like he's related to Bo Pelini than like a Stoops. Your program is too good to stay mired in mediocrity for long but I think Bob needs to reevaluate a lot of things and take a long hard look in the mirror and decide what exactly he wants to do. You can blame the coordinators all day long ten times to sunday, but ultimately it's his responsibility.
    Last edited by Sabanball; 12/30/2014 at 08:57 AM.
    Oklahoma will begin working with the Pacific Institute after the 2009 season.

"(Oklahoma coach) Bob Stoops' words to me were, 'I want exactly what Alabama got,'" Institute instructor Antowaine Richardson said.

The University of Alabama --All-Time leader with 10 AP NC's in the modern era and back-to-back AP NC's 3 times (64/65, 78/79, 11/12)

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post

heh, look at the big pu$$ running his mouth like he is somebody.
    Good Gawd ! The only person on the forum that can come up with a response even more nonsensical than the vet himself, is the Prez of the vet fan club!

Is that all you are good for is throwing out random curse words and trying to puff your chest out like you're some bad-azs? Puhleeze, spare us the bandwith.

By the way do you have a fan club for Barney, Sponge Bob, and the Teletubbies too? Seriously, you're how old and you worship some old illiterate on this forum who hasn't got anything better to do than post 62,000 times to this forum? Get a life tuff guy.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

You guys better chill or you'll face "The wrath of the posse"...Lol
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

Some funny 'side action' comic relief bringing a lighter note to the serious of the issue.

Bob needs to take some real action or step aside. Mediocrity is no longer an option.

Losing multiple home games and then getting blown out in a bowl game are indicators that the wheel fell off.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

The floor is mine, it has been for 15 years, and it will be again next year after we win the Big XII. Laugh all you want at that, but you would have laughed at this time last year had I said we'd go 8-5. You're all getting caught up in the moment, which is one of the most obnoxious features of a message board.

Changes will be made this offseason.
    Last edited by Eielson; 12/30/2014 at 12:55 PM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Is there another school besides Oklahoma that would offer Bob Stoops $5,000,000/year to be their head football coach?

If yes, please tell us which program that is so we can nudge him to accept an offer.

If not, can anyone put a value on Bob Stoop's work for the University of Oklahoma?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jacie View Post
    Is there another school besides Oklahoma that would offer Bob Stoops $5,000,000/year to be their head football coach?

If yes, please tell us which program that is so we can nudge him to accept an offer.

If not, can anyone put a value on Bob Stoop's work for the University of Oklahoma?
    He's getting paid 5mil and putting a 1.5mil product out on the field. /story

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Welcome to 2014. Guys like Sumlin and Strong are getting paid 5M, and guys like Hoke, Franklin, Miles, and even Ferentz are getting paid 4M. We aren't bringing in a Stoops replacement for 1.5M.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 aurorasooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    One thing I'd like to know is, did our HC return to Oklahoma today on the plane with the team, or is he hunkered down in his Florida vacation home this morning watching the stock ticker, meeting with his financial adviser, scheduling a tee time for this afternoon, under the guise of recruiting, while his brother is actually back in Norman running our FB program?

I really don't GAS, but as absolutely unprepared as we looked last night, after the shellacking we took on the field and this cluster&^%$ of a season, it would seem from a PR standpoint (and especially from a leadership standpoint), it does seem logical that he would immediately return to Norman on the team flight and either tonight or tomorrow meet with his assistants to tell them this (*&^ isn't going to cut it.

I didn't really care if we won or lost last night as long as we put a respectable product on the field, but I didn't dream we would get totally Butt*&*%$^ by freakin' Clemson. That's just not in any way, shape or form acceptable.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 yankee's Avatar
    vCash

What's really weird about this season is that we were literally a few points from being an 11 win team. A not very deserving 11 win team, but still not far at all. I'm not a Stoops apologist and I do think something needs to change, but I'm not informed nor smart enough to know what changes need to happen. We've got a young secondary and it looks like we may have a halfway decent QB next year, so I'd like to think that a good offseason and maybe a change or two, and we can be in contention for the Big XII next year with TCU and the whining-fighting Fart Briles'.

Am I naive or an optimist? I'm not sure. I'm not willing to write off Stoops just yet. I think his 'contentment' with his job and the state of the program is grossly overstated on here, but we're fans and that's what we do.
    Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain, tho' your dreams be tossed and blown, walk on.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    What's really weird about this season is that we were literally a few points from being an 11 win team. A not very deserving 11 win team, but still not far at all. I'm not a Stoops apologist and I do think something needs to change, but I'm not informed nor smart enough to know what changes need to happen. We've got a young secondary and it looks like we may have a halfway decent QB next year, so I'd like to think that a good offseason and maybe a change or two, and we can be in contention for the Big XII next year with TCU and the whining-fighting Fart Briles'.

Am I naive or an optimist? I'm not sure. I'm not willing to write off Stoops just yet. I think his 'contentment' with his job and the state of the program is grossly overstated on here, but we're fans and that's what we do.
    We were also close to losing to Texas and West Virginia. Those game were close into the 4th quarter.

The only thing we can hang our hat on this year is Perine. He looks like a bonefide star. He could be a top 5 type pick in a couple years. The rest of the team looks so discombobulated you don't know what is just bad talent or bad coaching.
    "Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more" - Neil Peart

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    Bob needs to take some real action or step aside. Mediocrity is no longer an option.
    Oh, I don't know about that. Bob made sure to mention last night that when he started, all we had to do was beat Texas, as if he was incredulous that the fanbase had the temerity to complain about an 8-5 season. How dare we.

It sounded like he thought we should be thankful for mediocrity.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

OK since I have the floor

Let me say this........uh, well, uh.......Bob is a good guy and uh, well, uh......He runs a clean program. Also he is.............er, well, I mean he has, uh...well he beat Alabama last season and he uh, you know, he is, er I mean.....did I mention he runs a clean program and beat Alabama........Oh, oh, oh I know he won the Big 12, sort of, a couple of years ago so that's good right?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by kenth68 View Post
    Oh, I don't know about that. Bob made sure to mention last night that when he started, all we had to do was beat Texas, as if he was incredulous that the fanbase had the temerity to complain about an 8-5 season. How dare we.

It sounded like he thought we should be thankful for mediocrity.
    He said just beating Texas wasn't enough for us then, and it's not good enough now. Nothing he said came even close to telling us we should be thankful for mediocrity.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Only the mediocre are always at their best.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yankee View Post
    What's really weird about this season is that we were literally a few points from being an 11 win team. A not very deserving 11 win team, but still not far at all.
    I attribute this more to the Big 12 being down (along with a pretty weak OOC schedule) than anything else. Texas is down. OSU (despite beating us) is pretty far from where they were a few years ago. Texas Tech hasn't been the same since Leach left. Nebraska, Missouri, and A&M all left. If this were 2008, when the Big 12 South had 4 teams in the top 10 at one point (OU, Texas, Texas Tech, and OSU), we would have been blown out Baylor/Clemson style several more times this year. The only loss that really looks OK in retrospect is TCU, and who knows how good they are given their weak schedule and the state of the rest of the conference.

Sooner Starter BoomerSoonerTexasscks's Avatar
    vCash

OU Re: STOOPS APOLOGISTS…THE FLOOR IS YOURS..

If I were the AD at OU here is what I would have done, as soon as I heard Harbaugh was leaving the NFL I would have sent him a message asking him if he were interested in the OU job. The answer would have been a resounding no since it was a given he was going to Michigan, BUT, at least it may have given Bob the idea that OU is not beyond looking to someone else to take over. I echo the words of most people here that he as gotten complacent and has lost the fire that made him Big Game Bob. His biggest asset is also his biggest liability, his loyalty. He won't make the changes that need to be made, ie change the the OC because he is loyal to him. Changes need to be made on the defensive side of the ball as well but there is no way on this planet that he is going to fire his brother. I think he will quit before that would happen. As soon as the matchup for the bowl came out it struck he how similar the situation was to Coach Switzers demise at OU. Switzers last game at OU was the Citrus Bowl against Clemson, and we all remember what happened. Also, does anyone remember what Coach Gibbs last game at OU was, a thumping at the hands of BYU in the Copper Bowl. In each case they got fired for allowing the program to sink to a dangerous level. Unfortunately, Coach Stoops has allowed the program to sink to that place. I think 2015 is THE season, another bad year, 8-5, and the change needs to be made. And if it isn't...by God I'll still be screaming my head off on opening day in 2016 like I have been for the last 35 years!!! BOOMER SOONER!!!!
    One of the student Ruf/Nek caretakers of the Sooner Schooner, "Used to be they'd have to walk Bevo past us and we'd shoot off our shotguns [with blanks], and he'd crap all over!"

vCash

I feel as if we are very close to reaching a consensus here.

If it is really true that Bob has 4 years left on his contract I think the odds are about 1 in 21 million that he will be fired.
    Aries

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I'd be pretty content with winning ALL of our home games and ALL of the games we're favored to win.

Is that asking too much ?

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!