Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Re: STOOPS APOLOGISTS…THE FLOOR IS YOURS..

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post

Knight - two first quarter interceptions? Why is he throwing the ball? Oh yeah, Heupel says we have to be balanced. Hey, stupid, in order to be balanced, you have to have a quarterback who can hit the broad side of a barn.
    I'm not defending the total game plan, but OU *must* be able to throw the ball. And the only way to find that out, is to attempt to throw the ball. TK was terrible tonight - the worst game he has played including his first 2 last season. And I have no doubt the Cody Thomas would have been just as ineffective. And that's the problem - we must have effective QB play to win games against good competition. Perine would have been beat to a pulp if we just handed off every play and *maybe* be lose a little slower, but lose we would, and that can't be the goal. Having a non-existence passing game is a total waste of talent like Perine. His presence should make play action deadly and cost the other team big plays over the top when they dare to stack the box. Without a passing game, all we have is juggernaut that can crush the likes of Kansas and ISU. That's not very satisfying, IMO. Look at Bama where they have the likes of Yeldon and Henry and yet they send a WR to New York for the Heisman ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Dont get me started you PUsiY
    Hell I heard Bob is gonna Gonna hire Briles as his personal water boy

Notice the wisdom of olevetonthecrapper's response to the question you posed. See how well he marshals evidence to support his position. He's such a refined elder statesman who can be counted upon for sage counsel.

vCash

[QUOTE=Snrinhouston;4918123]

Bullsh*t. You fellate Bob damn near as much as Turd Ferguson fellates you.
    At least I dont try to Anal sex Him and the rest of the Staff! Ya moran!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Snrinhouston View Post
    Notice the wisdom of olevetonthecrapper's response to the question you posed. See how well he marshals evidence to support his position. He's such a refined elder statesman who can be counted upon for sage counsel.
    If Only YOU had a clue LOL
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderSooner79 View Post
    I'm not defending the total game plan, but OU *must* be able to throw the ball. And the only way to find that out, is to attempt to throw the ball. TK was terrible tonight - the worst game he has played including his first 2 last season. And I have no doubt the Cody Thomas would have been just as ineffective. And that's the problem - we must have effective QB play to win games against good competition. Perine would have been beat to a pulp if we just handed off every play and *maybe* be lose a little slower, but lose we would, and that can't be the goal. Having a non-existence passing game is a total waste of talent like Perine. His presence should make play action deadly and cost the other team big plays over the top when they dare to stack the box. Without a passing game, all we have is juggernaut that can crush the likes of Kansas and ISU. That's not very satisfying, IMO. Look at Bama where they have the likes of Yeldon and Henry and yet they send a WR to New York for the Heisman ceremony.
    Yes. Look at Bama. Two national titles with McElwain as OC, another with Nussmeier...in the playoff this year with Kiffin calling the plays.

See a pattern there? Successful OCs being hired away. Who is knocking at our door to hire away Heupel? I mean, really.

Please, don't ask me to compare the results Bob Stoops gets out of his coaching staff to that of Saban. I could care less that we won the Sugar Bowl last year. Saban beat us for the national title at LSU; and, he added three more titles, so far, at Alabama.

Nick Saban and his coaching staff are on a higher plane than Bob Stoops and his chummy pal coaching staff. I don't see Saban being so chummy with any assistant that 8-5 would be just fine.

Again, losing is one thing- getting blown out is another. Stoops gets blown out more than Switzer or Wilkinson ever did. Outside of the Orange Bowl fiasco and the Jeff Hostetler WVU comeback, I don't think Switzer was ever blown out.

Stoops will change the coaching staff or sink slowly with them the way Mack Brown did.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

[QUOTE=olevetonahill;4918129]

At least I dont try to Anal sex Him and the rest of the Staff! Ya moran!
    What is it with your purposeful misspelling of words? Do you think it's funny? Cool?

Is it akin to the grade school kid who misbehaves because being notorious is better than being unnoticed?

Wait, maybe I'm reading too much into this. Maybe you REALLY just spell at a fourth grade level.

vCash

[QUOTE=Snrinhouston;4918133]

What is it with your purposeful misspelling of words? Do you think it's funny? Cool?

Is it akin to the grade school kid who misbehaves because being notorious is better than being unnoticed?

Wait, maybe I'm reading too much into this. Maybe you REALLY just spell at a fourth grade level.
    I'm sorry, Why do you want to make fun of me?I try really really hard!~

vCash

Notice the wisdom
    of olevetonthecrapper's
    response to the question you posed. See how well he marshals evidence to support his position. He's such a refined elder statesman who can be counted upon for sage counsel.
    You want to keep up with the Slander?
    How about some Soloman gettin split by a Judge?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Yes. Look at Bama. Two national titles with McElwain as OC, another with Nussmeier...in the playoff this year with Kiffin calling the plays.

See a pattern there? Successful OCs being hired away. Who is knocking at our door to hire away Heupel? I mean, really.
    You completely missed my point. You seem to be saying if we don't have a QB that can throw, all we need to do is avoid throwing. That's dead wrong. If we can't throw, we can't win and so I don't blame Heupel for designing a game plan that includes passing. But we *should* have a QB that can throw and a playbook that includes throws he can make. I'm not saying that Heupel can cut as OC - in fact I think we have plenty of data that shows otherwise. But criticizing the OC for including a passing element is silly - TK should be able to make those plays and has done so in the past. Trying to design a game plan assuming your QB can't pass is an impossible task in today's game. Might as well throw in the towel before kickoff.

vCash

You want to keep up with the Slander?
    How about some Soloman gettin split by a Judge?
    OHH did I hit close to home? Then STFU dip ****
    Remember I know where you live LOL

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

[QUOTE=Snrinhouston;4918123]

Bullsh*t. You fellate Bob damn near as much as Turd Ferguson fellates you.
    heh, look at the big pu$$ running his mouth like he is somebody.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

[QUOTE=Turd_Ferguson;4918160]

heh, look at the big pu$$ running his mouth like he is somebody.
    Call me or answer lol

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Texas Golfer's Avatar
    vCash

Calling for the firing of Stoops immediately after this humiliation is knee-jerking. To say that he is on par with Mack is inaccurate. UT went around .500 over a 3-year period. Bob has had 12 10-win seasons in 16 years. He's second only to Urban Meyer in winning percentage of active coaches, ahead of Nick Saban.

To say this season has been disappointing is an understatement. But reviewing the posts tonight (snarking at each other) is showing that were speaking emotionally rather than logically.
    Cogito sumere potum alterum - I think I'll have another drink.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Golfer View Post
    Calling for the firing of Stoops immediately after this humiliation is knee-jerking. To say that he is on par with Mack is inaccurate. UT went around .500 over a 3-year period. Bob has had 12 10-win seasons in 16 years. He's second only to Urban Meyer in winning percentage of active coaches, ahead of Nick Saban.

To say this season has been disappointing is an understatement. But reviewing the posts tonight (snarking at each other) is showing that were speaking emotionally rather than logically.
    If this game happened in a vacuum and people were calling for his head, I'd agree that it would be a knee-jerk reaction. As it is, there are multiple seasons of lower expectations, poor on-field performance, poor coaching, poor recruitment, poor development, and poor QB play. This isn't just calling for his head over one game.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    If this game happened in a vacuum and people were calling for his head, I'd agree that it would be a knee-jerk reaction. As it is, there are multiple seasons of lower expectations, poor on-field performance, poor coaching, poor recruitment, poor development, and poor QB play. This isn't just calling for his head over one game.
    If the second best win/loss percentage in the NCAA is less than expectations, perhaps our expectations are too high. I remember the years between Switzer and Stoops. While I can agree with you on several areas this season, I can't agree it's been multiple seasons. You don't have those you've mentioned and still have multiple 10-win seasons. Hell, he's averaging over 10 wins a season. Our QB play has been very poor the last couple of seasons. As for poor recruitment and poor development, Stoops has had two Heisman winners and a couple of runners-up. Adrian Peterson should have won but, at that time, no freshman had ever won and he split the votes with Jason White. He's won 8 Big XII championships. He's won all four BCS major bowls. No other coach has or will ever have that on their resume. Stoops has played for more national championships than any other active head coach. Am I disappointed? Yes. But, if we start having multiple 8-5 records in succession, I'll be less supportive.
    Last edited by Texas Golfer; 12/30/2014 at 08:27 AM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Honestly this all started 10 years ago with the loss to Pete Carroll and the Trojans in the Rose Bowl. Every since then we've seen signs every year but one that things are off in this program. The 08 and maybe the 07 seasons being exceptions but most of that is because of Kevin Wilson being a great coach.But every other year has had baffling bad losses, games where our team comes in unprepared throughout in several games. Coaching staff basically putting players in position to lose games at times. Honestly this season has been a long time coming it just all happened at once this year and the team never showed signs of being good after October.
    "Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more" - Neil Peart

vCash

Missing some talent at key positions...Especially Qb......He will get it straightened out.......
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.

vCash

Kevin Wilson was a great offensive coordinator but he's not a good head coach. In his 4 years at Indiana, he has a 14-34 record.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I tend to agree with BFJ. . .I dunno what happened in that USC game, but something died/changed/something. Even for fans, that game still stands as a milestone. . .and we still refer to it as TGOWWDNS.

You'll say "there's no way that game changed anything. . .football doesn't work that way." Maybe. Or maybe it took the wind out of the coaching staff's sails, sewed seeds of doubt, broke the confidence. . .something.

vCash

Yeah I agree Wilson has done a bad job, although Indiana is a place that is tough to win at. Probably one of the worst P5 jobs out there. But he's done a bad job there and I'm kinda shocked he didn't get fired after this year.

BTW I meant to say Orange Bowl in the post above.
    "Begging hands and bleeding hearts will only cry out for more" - Neil Peart