Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dirty baylor

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Dirty baylor

Quote Originally Posted by FaninAma View Post
    TDTW, your reply is nonsensical. Player ability has nothing to do with said player getting injured on a dirty hit. i wouldn't care if it was the 120th player on a 120 man roster...I would still be upset at the type of hit Oakman delivered. You almost seem glad Knight got hurt because you are upset at the performance of the team this year. That's pretty vindictive on your part.

And Sicem, its not just OU fans that think Baylor is dirty....its the entire league. If that's the reputation you want for your program then you are indeed a weird person.
    Baloney. Nobody in Crimson and Cream complained when Bosroid spit in other players' faces, twisted their ankles in pile ups, and kneed them after plays. No one complained about Travian Smith leg-whipping opposing players. And, no one complained about Roy Williams' horse collar tackles.

Baylor's defender threw himself at PSM before he was down. You can't stop yourself in midair.

And, on top of that, if PSM knew how to play QB, he'd have already thrown the ball away on that play and gone onto the next down.

If you don't know what you are doing at QB, you are more likely to get hurt. It's not Baylor's fault that Heupel and Stoops stuck a kid out there who doesn't know how to play the position.

That play was Exhibit A-1 of the PSM mindset gone too far. That kid wasn't half as talented as Manziel. Telling him he was and expecting him to be, and designing a whole failed offense around it, is what put him in the position to be hurt.

Baylor played aggressive defense. You'd think after all of these decades my fellow Sooner fans would recognize aggressive defense.

No. Now, we whine like Pokes after losses and injuries.
    Last edited by Tear Down This Wall; 1/1/2015 at 08:07 PM.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tear Down This Wall's Avatar
    vCash

Get some adults back on the coaching staff to evaluate talent correctly and these types of plays won't happen.
    "General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization: Come here to this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate! Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!"
    President Ronald Reagan at the Berlin Wall, June 12, 1987

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

TDTW, I'll take a Leroy Selmon as a representative of the University over a Brian Bosworth any day of the week.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Tear Down This Wall View Post
    Baloney. Nobody in Crimson and Cream complained when Bosroid spit in other players' faces, twisted their ankles in pile ups, and kneed them after plays. No one complained about Travian Smith leg-whipping opposing players. And, no one complained about Roy Williams' horse collar tackles.
    You couldn't be more wrong. I for one was delighted when the NFL then college finally put in the "Roy Williams" horse collar rule. It's a dangerous technique and I don't care what jersey the player wore that was doing it. Joey Browner broke several legs long before Williams via horse collar for USC/Vikings and I couldn't believe they allowed it then. I welcome the pussification of football if that's how you define it for horse collars - far more dangerous than facemasks.

Sooner Starter Since71ASooner4Life's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    ha ha ha