Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Dog bowls - misc bowl thread

We didn't have any threads to discuss the bowls being played so I thought I'd start one.

Thoughts today - Cincy definitely didn't do themselves any favors, not that I was a big fan of the B12 adding them just for the sake of numbers.

The sun bowl (Duke/ASU) was highly entertaining. ASU was outplayed imo, but caught some lucky turnovers. I was impressed w/ Duke's aggressive & creative playcalling. I don't know much about him, but just based on this game, I'd say their OC, Scottie Montgomery, won't be their OC for long.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

Re: Dog bowls - misc bowl thread

Randy Christal certainly endearing himself to Nebraska fans again.
    The enduring image of Oklahoma was that ridiculous double–middle finger of a game-icing kick. It was probably an accident, which somehow made it more, not less, insulting. It was as though Stoops had partied so hard on the corpse of the SEC that he woke up with an unplanned tattoo.

vCash

That PAT that cost BC the game was the 8th PAT they have missed this year. That is just unfathomable to me. That and them playing the 40 yard long bomb on 3rd and 15.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 lexsooner's Avatar
    vCash

USC is talented but poorly disciplined. The players seem to do as they please and draw personal fouls and trash talk. Then the USC coaches pat them as if they did well. They look like the 1980s Miami teams.
    Last edited by lexsooner; 12/27/2014 at 09:21 PM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Stoops would have been in those guys faces big time.

vCash

Nebraska looking like they have all season.. statistically similar to Kansas on defense.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

94 on USC's defense is wreaking havoc on nebraska's o-line.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by lexsooner View Post
    USC is talented but poorly disciplined. The players seem to do as they please and draw personal fouls and trash talk. Then the USC coaches pat them as if they did well. They look like the 1980s Miami teams.
    QFT

vCash

hell of a call

vCash

Is USC the stupidest team in college football?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Looking like it.

vCash

Victory based on raw talent overcoming no discipline and pure stupidity. Nebbish player got mugged on last play.

vCash

Well I normally don't root for teams from the big 10, but I don't really consider Nebraska one of them. And that's meant as a compliment.

vCash

I like that interim head coach. He seems like a warm guy who hugged and kissed his player near the end. Pelini would more likely bite off his player's ear and call him a f---- c--- s--- p----, than embrace him.

vCash

Thank you; whiny fans, stupid sportswriters, corporate greed...

for bringing us a future of absolutely meaningless, games where fans just pray any chance of having a more promising season, doesn't get injured in their meaningless bowl game... all in a quest to crown what still can't really be called "National Champion" (according to their ever changing rules, to fit their agenda).

There used to at least be some pride, bragging rights involved.

I really couldn't give two craps about this game. Don't even have any idea who is playing who in what bowls, nor how they believe they're going to settle it now, with (5) 1 loss teams and an undefeated.