Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

More GREAT NEW ON THE OBAMA ECONOMY!! 3Q revised up to 5% strongest growth

GO OBAMA GO OBAMA GO OBAMA GO! Let's hear it for the president! WOW 5% in Q3 after Q2 growth of 4.2%! Best in over a decade! Time for a gooberment shutdown to slow down the OBAMA ECONOMY! The U.S. economy roared into overdrive in the third quarter as consumer and business spending fueled the biggest expansion in more than a decade.Gross domestic product grew at a 5 percent annual rate from July through September, the biggest advance since the third quarter of 2003 and up from a previously estimated 3.9 percent, revised figures from the Commerce Department showed today in Washington. The median forecast of 75 economists surveyed by Bloomberg projected a 4.3 percent increase in GDP.Consumer spending is poised to grow in 2015 as stronger employment and lower gasoline prices boost household buying power, one reason why the Federal Reserve will probably raise interest rates next year. Other aspects of GDP -- inventories, trade and government spending -- are likely to moderate, indicating growth will ease at the end of 2014. And durable goods orders declined last month, another sign last quarter’s surge may not be maintained.“Consumer spending in particular looks like it’s on a pretty good track right now,” said Michael Feroli, chief U.S. economist at JPMorgan Chase & Co. in New York. “Energy prices are down, labor markets have good momentum, so we’re in pretty good shape heading into 2015.”http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-1...ding-gain.html

vCash

Re: More GREAT NEW ON THE OBAMA ECONOMY!! 3Q revised up to 5% strongest growth

While Americans Lost Jobs, All Employment Growth Went to Immigrants
    Frontpage Mag ^ | 06/28/2014 | Daniel Greenfield

Posted on 6/28/2014, 9:46:15 AM by SeekAndFind

1 million immigrants a year isn’t enough for the cheap votes/cheap labor lobby. Their Super-Amnesty is determined to legalize another 12 million illegal aliens and import millions more using amnesty as a magnet.

The current border crisis is only a small part of what will happen should Congress pass Super-Amnesty.

Advocates of Super-Amnesty claim that immigration is an engine of job growth. It’s not. Cheap labor just undercuts the middle class while cheap votes passes the social welfare bill to that same middle class.

All Employment Growth Since 2000 Went to Immigrants – Number of U.S.-born not working grew by 17 million

Government data show that since 2000 all of the net gain in the number of working-age (16 to 65) people holding a job has gone to immigrants (legal and illegal). This is remarkable given that native-born Americans accounted for two-thirds of the growth in the total working-age population. Though there has been some recovery from the Great Recession, there were still fewer working-age natives holding a job in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000, while the number of immigrants with a job was 5.7 million above the 2000 level.

This is just an intro to an extended report at the Center for Immigration Studies.

What we’re seeing here is the impact of the globalized open borders approach. Cheap labor drives down wages at one end while at the other end, cheap votes push social welfare to compensate for the low wages.

Americans are losing their jobs to cheap labor and losing their money to cheap votes.

The Obama economy has mainly created low wage jobs. A sizable percentage of them are basically McDonald’s jobs. It’s not surprising that immigrants vacuumed those up.

The worst impact of that was on young African-American men whose unemployment rates are terrible. But it extends beyond that. Cheap labor locks young Americans out of entry level jobs. They never move up the ladder because they can’t even reach the bottom of the ladder.

An entire generation is being locked out of the labor market by cheap labor and cheap votes.

Super-Amnesty will kill the ability of generations to come to find work. It will expand ghettos and inflict misery on tens of millions of Americans.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    While Americans Lost Jobs, All Employment Growth Went to ImmigrantsFrontpage Mag ^ | 06/28/2014 | Daniel GreenfieldPosted on 6/28/2014, 9:46:15 AM by SeekAndFind1 million immigrants a year isn’t enough for the cheap votes/cheap labor lobby. Their Super-Amnesty is determined to legalize another 12 million illegal aliens and import millions more using amnesty as a magnet.The current border crisis is only a small part of what will happen should Congress pass Super-Amnesty.Advocates of Super-Amnesty claim that immigration is an engine of job growth. It’s not. Cheap labor just undercuts the middle class while cheap votes passes the social welfare bill to that same middle class. All Employment Growth Since 2000 Went to Immigrants – Number of U.S.-born not working grew by 17 million Government data show that since 2000 all of the net gain in the number of working-age (16 to 65) people holding a job has gone to immigrants (legal and illegal). This is remarkable given that native-born Americans accounted for two-thirds of the growth in the total working-age population. Though there has been some recovery from the Great Recession, there were still fewer working-age natives holding a job in the first quarter of 2014 than in 2000, while the number of immigrants with a job was 5.7 million above the 2000 level.This is just an intro to an extended report at the Center for Immigration Studies.What we’re seeing here is the impact of the globalized open borders approach. Cheap labor drives down wages at one end while at the other end, cheap votes push social welfare to compensate for the low wages.Americans are losing their jobs to cheap labor and losing their money to cheap votes.The Obama economy has mainly created low wage jobs. A sizable percentage of them are basically McDonald’s jobs. It’s not surprising that immigrants vacuumed those up.The worst impact of that was on young African-American men whose unemployment rates are terrible. But it extends beyond that. Cheap labor locks young Americans out of entry level jobs. They never move up the ladder because they can’t even reach the bottom of the ladder.An entire generation is being locked out of the labor market by cheap labor and cheap votes.Super-Amnesty will kill the ability of generations to come to find work. It will expand ghettos and inflict misery on tens of millions of Americans.
    What the fvck does this have to do with gpd growth? You see where this started under bush, just blaming him now? Ignorant lemming.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    What the fvck does this have to do with gpd growth? You see where this started under bush, just blaming him now? Ignorant lemming.
    Ignorant Doosh, Where did i say it had ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING?
    I just posted random shat that I found. It appears you even tried to read it
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

We now have the best job growth since George W, Bush was president.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

I knew Sooner8th would be here touting this ****. Too bad the election is over.

If the economy is going all gangbusters and everything then why hasn't the Fed raised interest rates? Why is Europe and every other country's economy in the ****ter except for China? I guess we are truly an island and operate in a vaccum.

$5 trillion dollars of QE by the Federal Reserve, $9 trillion in new federal government debt(who knows how much state government debt was incurred during the past 6 years), and essentially zero percent interest rates for 6 years. And you are touting this modest uptick in GDP which, BTW, includes all of that deficit spending by the Fed and the federal and state governments? Really?

Let's see. If you gave me a credit card with zero percent interest rates, no limit and no expectation to pay back the debt I bet I could raise my family's GDP just a bit, too. What do you think?

BTW, my stock portfolio has done tremendously well over the past 6 years. So have my bond funds. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see what the Federal Reserve was trying to do. You just had to climb aboard the debt train for a free ride. Now my 77 year old retired mother who has most of her money in CD's and some in bonds didn't do nearly as well. But screw her, right? She should have taken on more risk in the markets.
    As long as the Goldman Sachs and hedge funds of the world can rake in gigantic profits who GAS about old people, retirees, and middle class savers?
    Last edited by FaninAma; 12/24/2014 at 10:03 AM.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerorLater's Avatar
    vCash

Like most every other piece of economic news it's all smoke and mirrors. Creative lying on GDP reports have been elevated to an art form.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...n-surge-q3-gdp

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerorLater View Post
    Like most every other piece of economic news it's all smoke and mirrors. Creative lying on GDP reports have been elevated to an art form. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-1...n-surge-q3-gdp
    Good one soonerorlater - you went out and found something to say this "it's all smoke and mirrors". Too fvucking funny - did you see who posted it? TYLER DURDEN! LOL HAHAHAHAHAHAHA TOO FVCKING FUNNY! This is me laughing AT you.

vCash

You lemmings are just too funny. No integrity whatsoever. When the economy news is good under a dem it's all smoke and mirrors and low interest rates, but when it is bad it's see what his policies are doing to our economy? The rightiest wingnut or rightwingnuts our dumbass ignorant governor touted the job growth in Kansas over the last year as proof, PROOF I tell you that my plan of cuttin' taxes on the wealthy is working. So when it benefits a pub it's all good. Never mind the fact that our job growth lagged behind the national job growth and the very next month - November - 4,100 jobs were LOST in Kansas while the national economy grow an outstanding 321 thousand jobs. Be it something as small as making for of john kerry for marrying a rich woman - remember cash and kerry - then praising john mccain four years later for being smart enough to marry a rich woman, or using the same economic measures used under bush that or now "fudged", conservatives and republicans have no INTEGRITY.

vCash

^^^^^^^^ Troll Alert ^^^^^^^^^

Characteristics of a troll

"Trolling is a status-enhancing activity: by attracting readers’ attention, upsetting people, sparking heated debates, and even gaining approval from others, trolls can feel important, perhaps much more than they are in their real lives. Thus trolling is yet another internet activity that promotes narcissistic motives, since trolls may be expected to be far less successful in attracting people’s attention in the physical world."

vCash

^^^^^^^^ Troll Alert ^^^^^^^^^Characteristics of a troll "Trolling is a status-enhancing activity: by attracting readers’ attention, upsetting people, sparking heated debates, and even gaining approval from others, trolls can feel important, perhaps much more than they are in their real lives. Thus trolling is yet another internet activity that promotes narcissistic motives, since trolls may be expected to be far less successful in attracting people’s attention in the physical world."
    ^^^^^^^^ Idiot Alert ^^^^^^^^^Characteristics of an idiot. Posts links on the economy from a website that was written by Tyler Durden.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner8th View Post
    ^^^^^^^^ Idiot Alert ^^^^^^^^^Characteristics of an idiot. Posts links on the economy from a website that was written by Tyler Durden.
    ^^^^^^^^Dooch Bag Alert^^^^^^^^^Characteristics of an a$$ hole. Post links to try and make a failing economy/president look like it's not because he's a ****ing dem lemming.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    ^^^^^^^^Dooch Bag Alert^^^^^^^^^Characteristics of an a$$ hole. Post links to try and make a failing economy/president look like it's not because he's a ****ing dem lemming.
    5% don't lie.....

vCash

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Troll Alert ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"The mark of a troll is to keep hammering away at a point in an obsessive manner."

vCash

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Troll Alert ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^"The mark of a troll is to keep hammering away at a point in an obsessive manner."
    Anymore bits of wisdom from.............................................. ..tyler durden? Idiot

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 hawaii 5-0's Avatar
    vCash

I pray that the economy continues to 'suffer' as it's been doing the past several years.

I'm once again enjoying the Ride.

5-0
    BOY HOWDY !!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hawaii 5-0 View Post
    I pray that the economy continues to 'suffer' as it's been doing the past several years.

I'm once again enjoying the Ride.

5-0
    With the price of oil dropping so drastically, Drilling company's stackin out rigs, I dont see the economy continuing on the way it has.
    A lot of people are going to be hurtin bad in a few weeks to months depending on IF they saved for a downturn.

vCash

The cheap oil stimulates the rest of the economy, right?

I'm really sad the Exxon kids might get smaller yachts for Christmas, but everyone else seems okay with it

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    The cheap oil stimulates the rest of the economy, right?

I'm really sad the Exxon kids might get smaller yachts for Christmas, but everyone else seems okay with it
    Thats it Dave ya got it figured out. Good jorb.
    The Exon kids are the ONLY ones this will affect. Try thousands and 100s of thousands of jobs that will be lost and ARE being lost right now.
    Ive seen the effects of an Oil Boom shutdown and lived thru em. No thanks, If I have my choice.

vCash

so why was oil so high in the first place? when was there ever a shortage?

maybe the oil companies need to show a loss again for a while to get some more subsidies that will still hang around when they are getting record profits again

at this point if you work in oil, and you aren't saving money for lean times, you might not be very smart