SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Kinda funny (neat) story...

This past weekend I was helping my son move into his new home in a Des Moines suburb. The moving
    crew had just pulled up to his place and was starting to unload, when one of the movers, who had noticed
    my son's Iowa State rock on his porch, looked over at his new neighbor and pointed at the neighbor's rock
    on his porch and said to my son "Hey look at that!" Nebraska! I was standing a few feet away unloading
    some stuff from my car, and yelled "Do they still play football in Nebraska?" One mover answered with a
    big laugh "Not since they left the Big XII!" Lots of laughter around followed by "Boomer Sooner". I said,
    "Did I hear Boomer Sooner?" as I unzipped my gray hoodie to show my Oklahoma Football sweat. Lots
    more jokes followed...I hate two shades of orange...burnt and puke...yadda, yadda. The mover just came
    up from Weatherford to be with some family....kinda neat to hear Boomer Sooner from someone who meant
    it.....

Where are you located Rock? I live in Madrid and work in Des Moines.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Kinda funny (neat) story...

that's cool....I see a lot of OU hats here, well, not a ton..lol. Enough.

I have an OU tag on front of my cars, and I passed another car, coming against me, and they had one as well, a small wave through the window.

I actually had a guy come up to me in Mexico in 2006, I had my OU visor on.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonersinIowa View Post
    Where are you located Rock? I live in Madrid and work in Des Moines.
    Live in Des Moines, my boy is in Grimes with my two grandsons, he and his
    wife are ISU alums and I pull for the Clones all the time, unless it's Sooners
    and they know that, and are cool with it.

Administrator
    vCash

Last Friday, my son had a late baseball meeting/training deal for his high school team, and we were both hungry and it was late, so we decided on IHOP for a really late dinner. Our waiter's name was Omar, and he was middle eastern looking. I took my jacket off as he came to great us (and I had an OU shirt on). The first thing he said to me was "How can you lose to Oklahoma State?" with a little laugh.

I was so taken aback because that's not at all what I was expecting from him. After a little more conversation, he told me he was actually from Alabama and that he still hadn't gotten over the Sugar Bowl loss. Ended up being a huge college football fan.

I'm always amazed at the number of Sooner fans (or folks that know and understand the program) here in Colorado.

Sounds like they're in Iowa too!