Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Single payer takes a BIG hit...

Vermont's attempt to become the first state to enact liberals holy grail of healthcare, Single Payer, has failed after Gov. Peter Shumlin has conceded "He couldn't pay for it"

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/1...nt-113711.html

It'll be interesting to watch how liberals spin this while trying to keep a glimmer of hope that "all is well" after this dose of reality.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Single payer takes a BIG hit...

What a SHOCK

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

It is a noble cause to want to take care of everybody. But as economists teach in economics class, you must be both "willing and able."

You didn't need a state to fail to know that this wasn't going to work. Overseas wait times for healthcare is atrociously long because they are trying to take care of everybody. Veterans healthcare has the same issues. Native American healthcare provided by the government has the same issues.

What might help the situation is if more healthcare providers could be trained. Instead of a glut of lawyers, liberal arts majors and the like, get people trained as doctors, nurses, and assistants.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 dwarthog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    It is a noble cause to want to take care of everybody. But as economists teach in economics class, you must be both "willing and able."

You didn't need a state to fail to know that this wasn't going to work. Overseas wait times for healthcare is atrociously long because they are trying to take care of everybody. Veterans healthcare has the same issues. Native American healthcare provided by the government has the same issues.

What might help the situation is if more healthcare providers could be trained. Instead of a glut of lawyers, liberal arts majors and the like, get people trained as doctors, nurses, and assistants.
    Liberals continually demonstrate that facts have very little relevance when dealing with their holy grail issues.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post

Badge Compare the requirments. It takes up to 15 years to become a Doc. 6 to 7 to become a Lawyer.Ima take exception to yer abasement of The VA health care system. 30 years ago and refuter back Yes the VA sucked Donkey dick.
    The Modern VA is verey well run and gives Top Notch care. When I go to an appointment Im usually in an out in under an hour If I need any specialized tests they are scheduled usually with in a week, The Hospitals have been Modernized very well.

The ONLY time you hear about em is when something goes wrong. Sensational Reporting. Kinda Like the Race baiting reporting about Cops.

Im very appreciative of The VA and all tier employees.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I'm glad they're serving our old vets on their hills well in your experience I promise that I am not basing my perception that vet services can be overwhelmed on drudge report or CNN or whatever.

It takes up to 15 years to become a Doc. 6 to 7 to become a Lawyer
    It's not just doctors, but all healthcare providers we need more of. You can be a certified nurse's assistant with very little training. You can be a registered nurse with an associate's degree or a bachelor's degree. At the very least we'll be getting a more health-conscious population if more people had training in a health field. Even better, we'll have more employable people. Ideally, we'll have enough care providers that we can even begin to discuss healthcare for all... if not via the government, than maybe via volunteer clinics

SoonerFans.com Elite Member FaninAma's Avatar
    vCash

Don't look now but Romneycare is expected to bankrupt Massachussets by 2025.
    Beware the man who would rule you for your own good. He will never cease. He will regulate every aspect of your life, destroy your liberty and enslave you, and sleep well convinced that he has made the world a better place.